Community
Wiki Posts
Search

URGENT-where to watch UM-OSU at CVG near UA gates

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2006, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

URGENT-where to watch UM-OSU at CVG near UA gates

I will be leaving ORD soon to fly to CVG on an RJ, landing with enough time to watch the last 30-45 minutes of the Michigan-Ohio State game. Where is the closest place with a TV near the UA gates (presumably Terminal 2) at CVG?
Old Nov 18, 2006, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by jonu
I will be leaving ORD soon to fly to CVG on an RJ, landing with enough time to watch the last 30-45 minutes of the Michigan-Ohio State game. Where is the closest place with a TV near the UA gates (presumably Terminal 2) at CVG?
Go to T3 ticketing area. I know VERY little about CVG but I know for sure there are TVs right in front of the US Express counter there. 3-4 hanging up, not new but they're there.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mzkaiser
Go to T3 ticketing area. I know VERY little about CVG but I know for sure there are TVs right in front of the US Express counter there. 3-4 hanging up, not new but they're there.
I found a BBQ restaurant landside in terminal 2 with multiple large TV's, so I was able to have dinner and watch the 2nd half. Alas, the results were not to my liking...
Old Nov 18, 2006, 7:36 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Moved to the appropriate destination/airport forum for wider input.

cblaisd
Moderator, United
Old Nov 19, 2006, 6:29 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
There is a medium sized TV near the UA gates at CVG but you now know that.

--
Old Nov 19, 2006, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
There is a medium sized TV near the UA gates at CVG but you now know that.

--
Thanks. Seems that all the gate area TV's were locked onto CNN. Didn't try to change it, but they were all on the same channel (and I recall something about a CNN airport channel that pays for the TV's). Maybe that's not the case, but since I was also hungry, I headed for what sounded (from the CVG web site) like a sit-down restaurant with TV's. Thankfully, my hunch was right!
Old Nov 20, 2006, 6:30 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jonu
Thanks. Seems that all the gate area TV's were locked onto CNN. Didn't try to change it, but they were all on the same channel (and I recall something about a CNN airport channel that pays for the TV's). Maybe that's not the case, but since I was also hungry, I headed for what sounded (from the CVG web site) like a sit-down restaurant with TV's. Thankfully, my hunch was right!
glad you got to watch.

FWIW, Normally the tv's are on CNN however on Sat & Sun I always see either college or pro football on, not CNN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.