FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Midwest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwest-455/)
-   -   URGENT-where to watch UM-OSU at CVG near UA gates (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwest/626564-urgent-where-watch-um-osu-cvg-near-ua-gates.html)

jonu Nov 18, 2006 1:40 pm

URGENT-where to watch UM-OSU at CVG near UA gates

I will be leaving ORD soon to fly to CVG on an RJ, landing with enough time to watch the last 30-45 minutes of the Michigan-Ohio State game. Where is the closest place with a TV near the UA gates (presumably Terminal 2) at CVG?

JFKLAX321 Nov 18, 2006 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by jonu
I will be leaving ORD soon to fly to CVG on an RJ, landing with enough time to watch the last 30-45 minutes of the Michigan-Ohio State game. Where is the closest place with a TV near the UA gates (presumably Terminal 2) at CVG?

Go to T3 ticketing area. I know VERY little about CVG but I know for sure there are TVs right in front of the US Express counter there. 3-4 hanging up, not new but they're there.

jonu Nov 18, 2006 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by mzkaiser
Go to T3 ticketing area. I know VERY little about CVG but I know for sure there are TVs right in front of the US Express counter there. 3-4 hanging up, not new but they're there.

I found a BBQ restaurant landside in terminal 2 with multiple large TV's, so I was able to have dinner and watch the 2nd half. Alas, the results were not to my liking...

cblaisd Nov 18, 2006 7:36 pm

Moved to the appropriate destination/airport forum for wider input.

cblaisd
Moderator, United

Sweet Willie Nov 19, 2006 6:29 pm

There is a medium sized TV near the UA gates at CVG but you now know that. :)

--

jonu Nov 19, 2006 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
There is a medium sized TV near the UA gates at CVG but you now know that. :)

--

Thanks. Seems that all the gate area TV's were locked onto CNN. Didn't try to change it, but they were all on the same channel (and I recall something about a CNN airport channel that pays for the TV's). Maybe that's not the case, but since I was also hungry, I headed for what sounded (from the CVG web site) like a sit-down restaurant with TV's. Thankfully, my hunch was right!

Sweet Willie Nov 20, 2006 6:30 am

Originally Posted by jonu
Thanks. Seems that all the gate area TV's were locked onto CNN. Didn't try to change it, but they were all on the same channel (and I recall something about a CNN airport channel that pays for the TV's). Maybe that's not the case, but since I was also hungry, I headed for what sounded (from the CVG web site) like a sit-down restaurant with TV's. Thankfully, my hunch was right!

glad you got to watch.

FWIW, Normally the tv's are on CNN however on Sat & Sun I always see either college or pro football on, not CNN.