New multi-airline lounge at MCI?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New multi-airline lounge at MCI?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2023, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewT
I don't think you've missed anything. Certainly nothing on here. I asked Justin on Twitter about two months ago but he didn't respond. This thread should be the place to be when the news comes.
Thanks, I guess I will just have to wait. It feels like there are a lot of lounge developments in other markets, with Chase and Capital One both opening locations, and more Centurion lounges coming (like in DCA). I wish MCI wasn’t left behind, since that is my most frequently visited airport away from home!
Old Dec 19, 2023, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat , HHonors Gold, Marriott Plat, Avis President's Club
https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/bu...295117084.html

Seriously, if Tulsa can have an Escape Lounge, why can't we? A year ago Justin hinted this might happen but then we never heard anything else.
FriendlySkies and niftyflyer like this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 5:26 am

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/bu...295117084.html

Seriously, if Tulsa can have an Escape Lounge, why can't we? A year ago Justin hinted this might happen but then we never heard anything else.
At one point there was discussion of a transatlantic flight also; perhaps having that in place would make a lounge more feasible. Have there been any reports about how crowded the Delta Skyclub is?
Old Jan 3, 2024, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by niftyflyer
At one point there was discussion of a transatlantic flight also; perhaps having that in place would make a lounge more feasible. Have there been any reports about how crowded the Delta Skyclub is?
I was hoping somebody more knowledgeable would respond but I will just say I've been in the Sky Club maybe three or fours times in the late afternoon and it's never been that busy. It's not empty but there are plenty of places to sit. I assume it's worse in the early morning but have no experience with that. It's probably like most other outstations.

Delta had less than 18 percent market share at MCI last year so 82 percent of passengers are still looking for a lounge experience. I don't think one TATL flight a day - if we're that lucky - would make that much of a difference for the economics.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I am flying DL to ATL today and am certainly enjoying the ability to enjoy a bite to eat and a nice cocktail in the SC. The staff, especially the bartender, are very friendly and it's not jam packed like most airport lounges these days. It is not empty, but there is enough space the place doesn't feel claustrophobic. If only the shelled space behind the AA gates would turn into something ...
Old Apr 8, 2024, 5:12 pm

I can't take credit for this but found it on another web forum. Permit filed with the city for a common use lounge on the A Concourse.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I can't take credit for this but found it on another web forum. Permit filed with the city for a common use lounge on the A Concourse.
Great post, thanks for sharing!
Old Apr 9, 2024, 4:10 pm

Looks like it will be an Amex escape lounge based on the filing!

Project name: CAVU Escape Lounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.