Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

New multi-airline lounge at MCI?

Old Jul 29, 19, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

Landed at MCI on Saturday and saw a banner hanging near the Delta baggage claim in Terminal B advertising a new lounge to be opened - I can't remember the name (maybe Regal Lounge or something?), but the branding made it look like a multi-airline lounge. Anyone have any info?
Old Jul 29, 19, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, Amex, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
The new terminal has space which could hold a lounge, though Iíve heard no news regarding an operator. Talk of an airline or PP/CC associated lounge.
Old Jul 29, 19, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies View Post
The new terminal has space which could hold a lounge, though Iíve heard no news regarding an operator. Talk of an airline or PP/CC associated lounge.
Yeah, I'm assuming there will be a lounge at the new terminal, but that's not scheduled to open until 2023, and it feels a bit odd that they'd advertise a lounge that won't open for another four years so my assumption is that it would be in the existing terminal. I could be wrong, though.
Old Aug 12, 19, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold
Thumbs down not likely to open on time

Originally Posted by alman84 View Post
Yeah, I'm assuming there will be a lounge at the new terminal, but that's not scheduled to open until 2023, and it feels a bit odd that they'd advertise a lounge that won't open for another four years so my assumption is that it would be in the existing terminal. I could be wrong, though.
You are assuming the new airport will open on time. It is already a year late and double over the budget.
Old Aug 25, 19, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Updating myself, the banner I saw was an advertisement for a nearby mixed-use development that just looked a lot like an ad for a lounge. So, nevermind
Old Aug 25, 19, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, Amex, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by alman84 View Post
Updating myself, the banner I saw was an advertisement for a nearby mixed-use development that just looked a lot like an ad for a lounge. So, nevermind
Bummer.. Guess weíll just keep our fingers crossed something opens in the new terminal. When you think about it, MCI May be one of the largest airports without any sort of airline club.

Search this Thread