Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consequences of disappearing Midwest brand

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2010, 11:43 am

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Originally Posted by titterington
Do you think there is a chance I would lose my Midwest Miles when the switchover to Frontier is complete? Should I use those miles up now?
Welcome to FT!

Here is a link to Frontier's EarlyReturns FAQ. It does state your Miles will be safe.

http://www.frontierairlines.com/fron...eturns-faqs.do
Old May 3, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Now I have a question after reading the Frontier EarlyReturns FAQ page myself that probably nobody here will be able to answer. Will I get to choose the animal I want to see on my Frontier MasterCard?
Old May 3, 2010, 12:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by flyYX
Now I have a question after reading the Frontier EarlyReturns FAQ page myself that probably nobody here will be able to answer. Will I get to choose the animal I want to see on my Frontier MasterCard?
A query only a true Flyertalk could ask.
Old May 3, 2010, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by flyYX
LOL!

For what it's worth, my SO just got his replacement Midwest Airlines MC and it is black with the Midwest logo -- no aircraft picture. I don't recall what version of the card he has, so perhaps it is related to that rather than a deliberate removal of a YX plane. It does have the Midwest logo on it.
Old May 3, 2010, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by knope2001
LOL!

For what it's worth, my SO just got his replacement Midwest Airlines MC and it is black with the Midwest logo -- no aircraft picture. I don't recall what version of the card he has, so perhaps it is related to that rather than a deliberate removal of a YX plane. It does have the Midwest logo on it.
Considering that Midwest no longer flies the 717, the aircraft had to come off of the card at some point, right?

I guess they'll still issue the Midwest cards until which point that the two cards are merged. Frontier operates their credit card through Barclays/Juniper also, if I'm not mistaken.
Old May 3, 2010, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
I guess they'll still issue the Midwest cards until which point that the two cards are merged. Frontier operates their credit card through Barclays/Juniper also, if I'm not mistaken.
You are correct about Barclays. I read somewhere that new cards with the same account number would be issued later this year. No word on animal choice.

http://www.midwestairlines.com/Midwe...tion-FAQs.aspx

Last edited by RSVP; May 3, 2010 at 5:23 pm Reason: link insertion
Old May 6, 2010, 8:42 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, Early Returns
I would assume the "My Midwest" magazine will be gone soon. I see there is a May/June issue. Could that be the last one? I always enjoyed reading the complimentary letters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.