Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer schedule changes/equipment swaps

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA Premier
Originally Posted by knope2001
Neither...not in the industry at all. I do travel quite a bit for work, however, and have been Midwest Miles Executive level for years.
So where do you get your information on fleet apportionment? Inside (or public) source or good detective work?
Old Feb 24, 2010, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by blucys
This really depends on what you believe is improvement:

I am sure there is more to talk about and there are things that have not improved, but to make the statement that nothing has improved is not necessarily correct either.
My reference was regarding call center wait times. Sometimes, I think there are two people working in the call center.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by RSVP
My reference was regarding call center wait times. Sometimes, I think there are two people working in the call center.
I was just down there today talking to them and looking at their call statistics. Right now during a big schedule change they're seeing an average wait time of 30 minutes and the average call abandonment is at 4 minutes. Even though they may be understaffed for a major schedule change they are staffed appropriately for an average day.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Pigeye01
So where do you get your information on fleet apportionment? Inside (or public) source or good detective work?
Some of everything. I do have a few acquaintences on the inside who now and then let me in on things -- although that's not necessarily always accurate. I sometimes have access to employee communications, too. Some people who post on other boards tend to have reliable information (certainly not all). And I watch stuff as closely as I can. For example when the "flow" of a schedule doesn't work out, that's clearly a sign that there are more schedule changes coming. A lot of my information, opinions, and beliefs come from trying to piece everything together. And note that a lot of what I post has qualifiers like "it appears that", "most likely", or "I suspect that".
Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by knope2001
Some of everything. I do have a few acquaintences on the inside who now and then let me in on things -- although that's not necessarily always accurate. I sometimes have access to employee communications, too. Some people who post on other boards tend to have reliable information (certainly not all). And I watch stuff as closely as I can. For example when the "flow" of a schedule doesn't work out, that's clearly a sign that there are more schedule changes coming. A lot of my information, opinions, and beliefs come from trying to piece everything together. And note that a lot of what I post has qualifiers like "it appears that", "most likely", or "I suspect that".
Everyone in marketing still thinks that you work here somewhere, but we can't seem to pin you down.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 6:43 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Fmr Midwest Miles Executive
Originally Posted by MostlyAir
Everyone in marketing still thinks that you work here somewhere, but we can't seem to pin you down.
To bad Knope didnt go to the "Signature Seat" sale at the maintenance hangar and meet everyone and dispel the myth....or did he?
Old Feb 25, 2010, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by blucys
To bad Knope didnt go to the "Signature Seat" sale at the maintenance hangar and meet everyone and dispel the myth....or did he?
Maybe SHE did. We may never know. IIRC he/she did make an appearance at the June "do", held at the maintenance hangar.

Blue organized the event,, so he would be able to confirm the identity.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Maybe SHE did. We may never know. IIRC he/she did make an appearance at the June "do", held at the maintenance hangar.

You guys are too funny!

I can confirm that knope2001 does not work for Midwest/Republic or the airline industry in any capacity. That's all you're going to get from me
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:53 am

I have met knope on two different occasions (including the do last year) and he does not work for Midwest. He's a nice guy and follows the industry (and this airline) closely. I, for one, appreciate that he contributes to this board. It helps many of us have a better understanding of what's going on.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:54 am

Thanks for the kind words, you guys. I am male and work at a financial services technology company in the Milwaukee area. And I wasn't able to come to either seat sale event, so for those of you who were there, I'm not any of the faces you might have seen.

In normal circumstances I probably couldn't have passed up the opportunity to buy at least a pair of seats. But my family is in the later stages of cleaning out our parents' former house, and this is so not the time for me to be acquiring any new stuff and dragging it home.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 11:49 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
He was at the last "Do" for awhile before running to catch a plane!

I too appreciate his insight and knowledge.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by tvnwz
He was at the last "Do" for awhile before running to catch a plane!
That's right -- you guys got food & stuff, and I got to hop a plane for Cleveland. So it goes...
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:51 pm

If not for Knope's many insightful posts, there would be nothing to talk about on this board.

Maybe Mostly Air will be able to attend the next do, then he can tell the marketing guys that Knope is not an employee.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:14 pm

If not for Knope's many insightful posts, there would be nothing to talk about on this board.
+1

Knope's posts are always very informative and thoughtful and show a real passion for this industry.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:50 pm

I was just down there today talking to them and looking at their call statistics. Right now during a big schedule change they're seeing an average wait time of 30 minutes and the average call abandonment is at 4 minutes. Even though they may be understaffed for a major schedule change they are staffed appropriately for an average day.
I've really got to disagree, once again. I called today, 1PM, normal day, I waited 20 minutes to talk to an agent. AirTran normally answers in under 10.

20 minutes is unacceptable, I tried to upgrade to STRETCH for a future award flight on the A319. She told me "that aircraft is not yet set up with STRETCH".

I am assuming her seat map hasn't been updated to reflect STRETCH yet. When can we expect to see updated STRETCH seat maps? Maybe then, I can upgrade online without having to wait 20 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.