Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer schedule changes/equipment swaps

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2010, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by RSVP
I've really got to disagree, once again. I called today, 1PM, normal day, I waited 20 minutes to talk to an agent. AirTran normally answers in under 10.

20 minutes is unacceptable, I tried to upgrade to STRETCH for a future award flight on the A319. She told me "that aircraft is not yet set up with STRETCH".

I am assuming her seat map hasn't been updated to reflect STRETCH yet. When can we expect to see updated STRETCH seat maps? Maybe then, I can upgrade online without having to wait 20 minutes.
I know people who have waited 20+ minutes to speak with an AirTran rep, and then finally decided to give up.

When I have a web-related issue, calling in to web support provides a much faster response than trying to get through to a multi-tasking CSR.

Web Support 800-452-2022, option 1, then option 5
Old Mar 8, 2010, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by mke9499
I know people who have waited 20+ minutes to speak with an AirTran rep, and then finally decided to give up.
I'm sure we have all had long waits with various airlines.

However, I get consistently long waits at YX, Mostly Air contends they are adequately staffed for a normal day.

Today was a normal day, wait time was still 20 minutes. That's just plain bad customer service.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 3:44 pm

I'm sure we have all had long waits with various airlines.

However, I get consistently long waits at YX, Mostly Air contends they are adequately staffed for a normal day.

Today was a normal day, wait time was still 20 minutes. That's just plain bad customer service.
I understand how frustrating long holds can be; I've been through many, myself.

At this point, I don't think YX believes that a 20 minute wait is a long time, but it clearly is not acceptable if happening on a regular basis. Hopefully, things will be improving with additions at the call center.

My surefire method of reaching a YX CSR with no hold time? Call at about 4:00 AM Central Time; you get though immediately and are not rushed through the call. I've had good luck, whenever I've tried.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by mke9499
My surefire method of reaching a YX CSR with no hold time? Call at about 4:00 AM Central Time; you get though immediately and are not rushed through the call. I've had good luck, whenever I've tried.
4:00 AM, only in your dreams and in my sleep.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 5:19 am

4:00 AM, only in your dreams and in my sleep.
Actually, it was only 5:00 AM, as I was in the eastern time zone.

Unfortunately, this is really true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.