Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel stay in Jerusalem

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2007, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Hotel stay in Jerusalem

Would I be better off with Marriott or Starwood property? Would be using award points.
Old May 20, 2007, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The Sheraton is a decent, albeit quite dated property, in a good location. I can't comment about the Marriott.
Old May 20, 2007, 9:02 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the FT Middle East Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old May 21, 2007, 12:32 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Lots of threads you can read on each property. I stayed at the Sheraton last year (4 nights + 1 night free award). Thought it was a good value, and that the Sheraton is in a much better location vs. the Renaissance for seeing the sights.

Here are a couple threads to start with:
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...salem+sheraton
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...salem+sheraton
Old May 30, 2007, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Depends what You want to do. The Sheraton WAS a great value till 2 yrs ago as a Cat1 or 19,000 pts for a week, its now a Cat3 and its 49,000 pts a week, thats 49,000 pts too many for Me. also no Club and Breakfast is not included and its $25 per person Buffet.

There isnt a Marriott persee but a Renaissance, its a Cat4 or will set you back , it just cost $124 per night for a single 7+ nights its a bit more for less and little more if 2 in the party. Its near the entrance to the city and an uphill 1/2 walk to the so called Downtown area. The Old City is more like a 45-60 min walk.

Ive never cashed out for a Free stay at the Renaissance as the rates are too low to warrant using my pts. The Sheraton really is a dated prop (so is the Ren) and usually costs around $300 per night solely due to it being a 5 min walk to Downtown and across from the Great Synagogue and maybe a 20 min walk to the Western Wall in the Old City, but its basically a High Rise Motel as besides there being a restaurant on site theres nothing else on site except the room.

Free feel to PM me and let me know what you are interested in doing and I will tell You IMO where the best place will be for You. But again its a waste of Your pts if you stay at The Ren as their rates are too low to really justify it , and The Sheraton is a waste of pts since all you will get is aroom with a bed and paying for The Sheraton is a Complete waste of ones $$$$.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.