Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Better not get raped, Dubai travelers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Better not get raped, Dubai travelers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Canuck2012
Most Muslim countries are in serious denial about rape problems, one only need look up recent happenings in Egypt to see that.
Which country -- muslim-majority or otherwise -- doesn't have a rape problem?

Dubai remains a nexus for smuggling, drugs trafficking, arms trafficking, laundering money, people smuggling, and harboring terrorists and criminals.
Sounds like what Canadians could say about the US. Or the Sri Lankans about India. Or the Burmese about Bangladesh.

Until they transition to a more democratic system, crimes will continue to be covered up, and prosecuting the victim will remain the more convenient course of action.
Not so sure about that. Rape has increased in some places which transitioned to more liberalized democratic regimes.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 5:15 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
This thread is so far off topic that I am closing it. Further comments can be placed in the thread in Omni on this topic.

l'etoile
sr. moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.