Search

Transfer DXB (Dubai)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2012, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Transfer DXB (Dubai)

Hi,

I will be travelling to Colombo during Christmas. Unfortunately, I had to do the booking on two different tickets. This means that I will arrive in Dubai in Terminal 1 with British Airways ( BA107, 11:30pm ) and have to connect to Terminal 3 for my Emirates flight ( EK650, 2:45am ) to Colombo. Consequently, British Airways won't allow me to check my luggage through, since the booking is on two different tickets. As I assume this is one of the busiest periods in DXB. Thus, I play with the idea of using the Marhaba Service ( ??? AED) or the Al Majlis Service (1500AED). Since I don't need a super special VIP treatment as I already will be flying with Emirates in First, I would tend to the Marhaba Service, if they only would be answering my E-Mails properly, when asking questions. They only send me offers, no response at all. Should I make use of their Immigration Service and transfer landside on my own or should I use/rely on their Transfer Service? ( Don't know if I should rely on them handling my luggage )

Which service would you recommend? Marhaba or Al Majlis?

Thank you so much for all your answers in advance!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Are you sure that British Airways will not check your bags all the way through? Normally, just because it's two different tickets does not prevent them from interlining.

I don't have any experience with either service, but you're right to think about it -- that is a peak time at the airport, and passport control can be long. Then to walk from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 (especially the First Class part, which is the far side) to get your Emirates check-in will be a bit long ( you probably will want to take a taxi with all that luggage), though three-plus hours should certainly be enough. I am not sure that using one of these services would help that much.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Unfortunately, IIRC British Airways won't check through to non OW Airlines, if the booking is on two different tickets. This implies that they probably won't do it. Thus, I will probably have to transfer landside between the two terminals. But good to know though that it's best to use a taxi between the two terminals. Therefore, if I can't check my luggage through, I will definitely use a cab to transfer!
Old Sep 25, 2012, 2:25 am

Programs: UA Silver
I think for around 300 AED or so, Marhaba will transfer your luggage and yourself between the terminals. I have never used their transfer service, so I cannot speak to it's quality.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Just to share, I've now heard back from Emirates i.e. a Supervisor of their Airport Services. She advised me, if possible I shall try to persuade the BA Staff to check throug my luggage. However, if that is not possible, she recommend me to go to an Emirates transfer desk or transfer to the Emirates First Class Lounge, as they'll be able to check me in and retrieve my luggage for me, such that I won't have to clear customs and collect my baggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.