FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer DXB (Dubai)
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2012, 8:59 pm
teiring

Programs: BA Gold
Transfer DXB (Dubai)

Hi,

I will be travelling to Colombo during Christmas. Unfortunately, I had to do the booking on two different tickets. This means that I will arrive in Dubai in Terminal 1 with British Airways ( BA107, 11:30pm ) and have to connect to Terminal 3 for my Emirates flight ( EK650, 2:45am ) to Colombo. Consequently, British Airways won't allow me to check my luggage through, since the booking is on two different tickets. As I assume this is one of the busiest periods in DXB. Thus, I play with the idea of using the Marhaba Service ( ??? AED) or the Al Majlis Service (1500AED). Since I don't need a super special VIP treatment as I already will be flying with Emirates in First, I would tend to the Marhaba Service, if they only would be answering my E-Mails properly, when asking questions. They only send me offers, no response at all. Should I make use of their Immigration Service and transfer landside on my own or should I use/rely on their Transfer Service? ( Don't know if I should rely on them handling my luggage )

Which service would you recommend? Marhaba or Al Majlis?

Thank you so much for all your answers in advance!