Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

My travel education begins...living near Jeddah...lots of travel opportunities

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My travel education begins...living near Jeddah...lots of travel opportunities

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2011, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
Learn to dive in the Red Sea. It's mostly an expat thing and the Red Sea on the Saudi coast is AMAZING! Probably some of the best diving in the world since it is mostly untouched because of the closed nature of the country.

Agree that Red Sea diving is not to be missed. Much of it is accessible from shore. So, you can "get your feet wet" by just snorkeling. But, be warned, you'll get hooked on the awesome underwater life. Tours aren't too expensive and they cater to expats.
Wherever you travel in KSA, be sure to take lots of water & shade, hats, etc (not baseball caps, but hats with brims to shade your neck and ears). Forgot to mention that REI is a great source for gear and are one of the few that will ship directly to KSA for you from the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.