Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
For legacy LTPP is it necessary to combine by Dec 31 2018?
Unless you make MR LTP or met the requirements with your SPG account alone, then from what I've read, you must have your accounts combined before the date they choose to run the sweep. No one knows what date they will run the sweep nor do we know the "as of" date the sweep will use. So best to get it done sooner than later. They make it sound like a one-time event, but I do suspect the CSRs will be busy answering calls from people that "forgot" or had the numbers and were skipped. So, if it was me, I'd do it now. Oh wait, I already did!!! Fingers crossed MPG IT gets it right.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Kaloz

1) I’ve changed the email address of one of the accounts beforehand
2) since my SPG number changed anyways, I’ve picked the MR one. At least some hotels will certainly identify me as a returning guest
3) I can see my SPG stays just fine in the merged account’s activity
nice. thank you.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:01 pm

@RogerD408:
Let us know how it turned out.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Ran my "Combine Accounts" earlier this morning (12/27/18) with MR + SPG -> MR account number. Backed up all MR and SPG info as screen shots before running the process.

Originally, I had reservations through the turn of this new year but, because the trip got cancelled, had a three week open span between now and my next reservation - and only 1 reservation at that.

So I went for it. All appears combined correctly.

As far as I can tell, all current year combined data in addition to lifetime totals are correct. Just a little while ago, the stays over the past year for Marriott, Ritz and Starwood now all appear on my overall Account Activity page(s).

Good luck to others still awaiting to execute their "combination" effort.

David
decentmove likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DELee
As far as I can tell, all current year combined data in addition to lifetime totals are correct.
David, did your current plat year(or years, if you’ve qualified separately with both accounts) got added to the lifetime total after the combination?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life

David, did your current plat year(or years, if you’ve qualified separately with both accounts) got added to the lifetime total after the combination?
Mine sure didn't.
Kaloz likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My number of years as Silver, Gold or Platinum increased as well as my Gold/Platinum years increased. My number of years at Platinum did not change since I did not have many nights/year with SPG to make a difference to my lifetime Platinum year total and already had enough years to qualify for LT..

David
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
Thanks, David. So it’s still seems random :/
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
Ran my "Combine Accounts" earlier this morning (12/27/18) with MR + SPG -> MR account number. Backed up all MR and SPG info as screen shots before running the process.

Originally, I had reservations through the turn of this new year but, because the trip got cancelled, had a three week open span between now and my next reservation - and only 1 reservation at that.

So I went for it. All appears combined correctly.

As far as I can tell, all current year combined data in addition to lifetime totals are correct. Just a little while ago, the stays over the past year for Marriott, Ritz and Starwood now all appear on my overall Account Activity page(s).

Good luck to others still awaiting to execute their "combination" effort.

David
Forgot to mention, right after I pushed the button to start the Combine Accounts process, Pandora decided that it was a good time to run the following tune*... uh oh ...

*: still had the Clipping Tool alive from my screen captures...

FWIW, 36 or so hours after the Combine Accounts have ran, things are still combined

David
Old Dec 29, 2018, 7:13 am

SPG Reservation Cancelled After Change of Confim Number

Waited to combine accounts until Marriott had most of the tech problems worked out and this thread was mostly positive. It came together nicely — 2,250+ nights 35+ years. All benefits came together too — free nights & upgrades. However, checked on an SPG 10 day resort reservation for end of 1Q2019 only to learn part of the stay had been cancelled. Actually there were two reservations — i.e. 50% pay 50% points. Only the points reservation was cancelled. This is a small boutique hotel with limited number of rooms but since we are a returning guest the hotel worked with us until we emailed a copy of both reservations. As far as we can figure out at some point SPG/Marriott changed confirmation numbers (there’s a note in the account about the ‘new’ confirmation number) which caused the wrong information about to be transmitted to the hotel.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Tedyuscung
Waited to combine accounts until Marriott had most of the tech problems worked out and this thread was mostly positive. It came together nicely — 2,250+ nights 35+ years. All benefits came together too — free nights & upgrades. However, checked on an SPG 10 day resort reservation for end of 1Q2019 only to learn part of the stay had been cancelled. Actually there were two reservations — i.e. 50% pay 50% points. Only the points reservation was cancelled. This is a small boutique hotel with limited number of rooms but since we are a returning guest the hotel worked with us until we emailed a copy of both reservations. As far as we can figure out at some point SPG/Marriott changed confirmation numbers (there’s a note in the account about the ‘new’ confirmation number) which caused the wrong information about to be transmitted to the hotel.
Are you talking about the change in account number when you combined your accounts or the change of confirmation number when they moved the property over to their new cloud-based system? I can see where if both happened about the same time that some synchronization issue, but hopefully the audit trail shows what was done with the rez and they will fix that. But that could be problematic when dealing with smaller properties that have a high demand with someone slipping in and taking the room you had booked once your rez cancelled. Hope they get it worked out for you.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:06 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
I have 63 SPG account nights and Marriott account 7 nights
If i combine account and choose 5 elite nights.
My status next year will become Platinum Premier and also eligible for choose another benefits like 5 SNA ?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by nongsom
My status next year will become Platinum Premier and also eligible for choose another benefits like 5 SNA ?
Did you pick a choice for the 50 spg night already? Probably the answer depends on that as well as which number you intend to keep. If you keep the MR number, you might get another 50 night choice and the above might work
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by nongsom
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:42 am

The 2 hotel reservations - cash + points — are for one continuos stay and was made end of July, beginning of August. Some time after Marriott issues new SPG numbers to all accounts a note appeared in my account announcing a new reservation number had issued for an existing reservation.

I did not think anything of tye number change until earlier today when I emailed the hotel with our room request for our 10 day stay. The hotel wrote back immediately saying they have us booked for only 5 nights and that they show our second (points) reservation was cancelled. The hotel was very accommodating and after receiving the confirmations immediately reinstated our reservation

This does not appear to be the hotel’s fault. I suspect either inaccurate and/or confusing information was sent to properties. If we had not checked on the reservation today it’s likely we would have arrived at the resort planning to stay 10 nights but could be accommodated for only 5 nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.