Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: LT Mariott Platinum?, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, Amtrak Nothing.
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I do believe Marriott stated that 15 was supposed to be the max nights anyone should be getting from your credit cards. I'm seeing the same thing with only 15 CC nights even though I have a legacy Marriott Visa and an SPG Amex.
I had thought that was starting in post Aug 18th? Oh well.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I do believe Marriott stated that 15 was supposed to be the max nights anyone should be getting from your credit cards. I'm seeing the same thing with only 15 CC nights even though I have a legacy Marriott Visa and an SPG Amex.
Did your overall count go down? I believe the SPG credit card nights are just being rolled into the total number, not being labeled as credit card nights.

There's a separate issue with recent SPG stays (from mid-July on) not showing at all. I've lost four nights due to that.

Originally Posted by copyright1997
I had thought that was starting in post Aug 18th? Oh well.
No, that's starting Jan. 1, 2019. For 2018, double dipping should be permitted.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@RogerD408, @Horace

Thanks both for the clarification and explanation. Status is higher on the Marriott site when system finally converted P (earned via Challenge) to PP while SPG remains P. The bulk of pts is still in SPG account. Luckily this morning I managed to cancel a cert in Marriott account to beef up the bal in the Marriott account that should tide me over the need thru Oct. Hopefully by then we are back to some normalcy.

Another dumb question is, can we book the future Cat 8 hotels at current 2018 cost but for 2019 stay? i.e pay 60K for stay in 2019 when the property would become Cat 8? There are 2 or 3 properties might fit into the travel in 2019 that has yet to book. (No, not those "aspirational type").

Last edited by Happy; Aug 25, 2018 at 3:29 pm
Old Aug 25, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: LT Mariott Platinum?, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, Amtrak Nothing.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Did your overall count go down? I believe the SPG credit card nights are just being rolled into the total number, not being labeled as credit card nights.

There's a separate issue with recent SPG stays (from mid-July on) not showing at all. I've lost four nights due to that.

No, that's starting Jan. 1, 2019. For 2018, double dipping should be permitted.
I think you have it. I had on my SPG side (in 2018):
1 paid stay (March)
5 night credit from SPG Amex
1 award stay (8/18/2018) [This hasn't been posted yet but should eventually show up.]

So the 5+1 got rolled in together, and they called it 6 nights (rolled into total as you state).

For the 50 night SNA award criteria, is it BiB (Body in Bed) or is it simply the Nights Earned number? Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 3:31 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
You could be right. I stopped counting nights when I reached LTP a long time ago. So I couldn't tell you if my total lifetime nights includes both sets of credit card nights or not.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Confirm - this is also how my husband's account shows despite he has both cards.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: Delta 2MM/Diamond Elite, United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite/LT Platinum
As far as I can judge, points were correct even beforehand, so now the activity and points match up. Still missing my 8/16 pre-merge stay, though, as well as all subsequent stays post-merge.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA GS
So far I have not received credit for the last 3 Marriott stays, 11 nights and when trying to combine accounts I get an error that the functionality is not available.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: CX DM, DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I just take a look of the combined activity. My early August SPG stay now shows up on the combined activity, but two SPG stays in January and February did not reflect on the combined activity (but on previous SPG activities). The total nights earned do not change, either. It is like something is fixed, but another issue popped up.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 11:07 pm

Managed to combine my accounts (chose Marriott combine option). One thing that's a bit worrying to me is that I don't see my upcoming Sheraton stay in my SPMarriott rewards account? How long should I expect to wait to see this appear? Also, is there any benefit in keeping the SPG app on my phone or should I just use the Marriott app moving forward?

Safe Travels,

James
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:41 am

Just a mess. Probably won’t book any more SPG/Marriott stays until this is all resolved. It’s so messy, I don’t even know if another week is going to solve anything.

On my newly issued Marriott number from SPG: Still owes points for a Sheraton stay 8/15 to 8/18. I received the 250 point (750 converted) as a SPG Gold amenity. But, nothing else. Still waiting for MAGC points as well as the room charges.

On my Marriott number: Waiting for a Residence Inn stay 8/18 to 8/21, to post the Gold Elite point amenity and the room charges.

The longer this goes, I’m sure there is some loss of revenue. IT needs to get this fixed and customer service needs to improve, otherwise other hotel chains will benefit.
bcm0830 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
So what I think is funny is according to Marriott (whose account I merged into, as I was MR LT Plat) that despite my 24 nights MR (and 23 SPG) a full week after the merger they still think I've spent $0 YTD
acrophobia likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Omg i nor an ambassador cant even cancel my future reservation. And the one i spoke with said that she doesnt know when my SNAs will be returned to my account.

And to date, I'm still missing 5 nights from mid August.

This is one hot mess...
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:26 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by supatight80
Omg i nor an ambassador cant even cancel my future reservation..
This is worrisome. I sometimes cancel a reservation shortly before the cancel deadline and I would not want to be left holding the bag if I cannot cancel.

Was it an SPG or Marriott reservation? Cash or points?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by escape4
This is worrisome. I sometimes cancel a reservation shortly before the cancel deadline and I would not want to be left holding the bag if I cannot cancel.
I was easily able to cancel a reservation after combining my accounts for a Marriott stay that had two Chase VISA free night certificates to it. Out of caution, I called in to do it (versus doing it online) because of the certs. But it was able to be cancelled quickly, and the phone rep was able to almost immediately re-deposit the certs into my account, though she had to work with a supervisor to do it.

So the inability to cancel a reservation is not universal. As a matter of fact, I can't recall it being reported more than this once, though I may be mis-remembering. Much more common is the inability to see upcoming reservations on the combined website; that's better in the app, in my case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.