Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Atlantis, Bahamas an Autograph Collection [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Good details in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30029755-post302.html

The Atlantis is made up of 4 towers that will participate for redemption stays. They are as follows:

Atlantis, Beach Tower - Do not participate in Marriott reward booking(?) (old Category 7)
Atlantis, Coral Towers - New Category 5 (35k) (old Category 8 (from March, 2018 https://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/use/category-update.mi)
Atlantis, Royal Towers - New Category 6 (50k) (old Category 8)
The Cove Atlantis - New Category 7 (60k) (old Category 9)

Apparently, you cannot redeem points for a stay at The Reef Atlantis, but you can earn points on a paid stay there.

Points are earned for room rate only. No points on incidental spend. Platinum Arrival Gift (PAG) is 500pts or food/drink amenity. $20 internet fee* is NOT waived for Gold/Plats per Marriott's T&Cs. For rooms that will have more than two people aged twelve or over, there is an "additional adult charge" per person. *For Royal, Coral, Beach Towers, internet is included as part of the daily resort fee of $50.

"For clarification purposes, the daily charge is not a resort fee. The additional charges associated with the stay currently include mandatory gratuities and a utility service fee per person per day. The amount can vary by unit type by building. These additional charges have always been in place at Atlantis."

ADDITIONAL CHARGES:

Guests of Atlantis, Harborside Resort, The Cove and The Reef Atlantis are subject to an 20% charge per night that includes taxes, the Paradise Island Tourism and Development Association levy, the Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board levy and compensation for servicing your reservation. In addition, guests will be required to pay a mandatory gratuity and utility service fee of (i) up to $25.95 per person per day depending on unit type for Atlantis guests, (ii) up to $20.70 per person per day depending on unit type for Harborside Resort guests, and (iii) up to $65.95 per person per day depending on unit type for The Cove or The Reef Atlantis guests. If you purchase a pre-paid package these charges are already included in your package price. If you do not purchase a pre-paid package, these charges will be assessed upon check out at the property. Please be advised that all mandatory gratuities, taxes, levies and service fees are subject to change.

As of 01-Jan-2015, In addition to the previous 20% tax on room rate and purchases, there is an additional VAT of 7.5%, 12%* (as of July 1, 2018), making a total tax on room rate and purchases of 37.5%. This also applies to additional adult fees (for more than two person ages 12 and older staying in the same room), but does not apply to the mandatory gratuity and utility fees. https://thenassauguardian.com/2018/05/30/vat-hike-to-12-percent/
*If you booked prior to the VAT increase, you should be able to have the original 7.5% VAT honored. https://thenassauguardian.com/2018/06/07/hotels-and-resorts-allowed-to-honor-prior-bookings-at-7-5-vat/

Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas participates in Marriott Rewards as follows:
- Points or Miles may be earned for reservations booked through www.marriott.com/atlantis or by calling 1-855-696-4732.
- Points or Miles will not be earned and Points cannot be redeemed for reservations booked through Atlantis Paradise Vacations, Atlantis.com, or AtlantisBahamas.com.
- Reward booking can be done online from Marriott website. You can also book stays with points advance (borrow points). The cancellation policy is normally 14 days in advance. Points may be redeemed for stays only by calling 1-855-696-4732. At this time, redemption stays cannot be booked online.
Print Wikipost

Atlantis, Bahamas an Autograph Collection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:21 am

You would think this would be up in going long before Bahia Mar is taking reservations. Marriott is going to really struggle as the new development is being done on a very nice part of the island where the old resorts used to be and racetrack (Cable beach area). I don't see how Atlantis will be able to compete with the new resort project. Also don't see this opening anything lower than a cat 6 most likely cat 7.

Last edited by jr1202sr; Aug 15, 2014 at 7:17 am
Old Sep 13, 2014, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CPRich
Fall is late Sept through late Dec, so I certainly wouldn't expect anything by Labor Day. I'm guess the first couple weeks in October, at best.
any update? Still nothing on Marriott.com

We have a booking 10/19 for a week ... hoping they will be a Marriott property by then
Old Sep 15, 2014, 10:29 pm

I chatted with one of their reps online and they claim it will come online Oct.1,2014 as marriott. I am trying to book there soon, but I was hoping to find some promo code or wait the extra 15 days to see if it turns over to marriott as they say. Anyone know of any promo codes for travel in January? Thanks and I hope my info helped too
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by landrum
I chatted with one of their reps online and they claim it will come online Oct.1,2014 as marriott. I am trying to book there soon, but I was hoping to find some promo code or wait the extra 15 days to see if it turns over to marriott as they say. Anyone know of any promo codes for travel in January? Thanks and I hope my info helped too
Welcome to FT! Thanks for the update; much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:47 am

You would think this would be up in going long before Bahia Mar is taking reservations. Marriott is going to really struggle as the new development is being done on a very nice part of the island where the old resorts used to be and racetrack (Cable beach area). I don't see how Atlantis will be able to compete with the new resort project. Also don't see this opening anything lower than a cat 6 most likely cat 7.
I disagree. If anything, I actually think the new complex may struggle to compete with Atlantis. Baha Mar isn't going to have a water park and will have less to offer kids. It's true Baha Mar has golf and tennis, but I don't know that people necessarily choose to go to the Carribbean for those things. There are nice golf areas everywhere. There are places in the US with lazy rivers, but really nothing compares to Atlantis.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Twinmommy19
I disagree. If anything, I actually think the new complex may struggle to compete with Atlantis. Baha Mar isn't going to have a water park and will have less to offer kids. It's true Baha Mar has golf and tennis, but I don't know that people necessarily choose to go to the Carribbean for those things. There are nice golf areas everywhere. There are places in the US with lazy rivers, but really nothing compares to Atlantis.
No water park? Did the plans change or was that never part of the design?
Old Sep 27, 2014, 8:21 pm

I had heard Atlantis would not come on line with Marriott until Dec 1 so am pleased to hear it might be Oct 1 instead. I cruised by Baha Mar about a month ago and it's definitly big for sure. Construction was coming right along. I just checked and was pleased to see you could book Hyatt at Baha Mar starting at 15K points and up for bookings starting in June 2015. I think both places will do well.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: WN CP, A+, UA Sil, MR Amb LTP, Hyatt Plat, HH Dia, National EE
any update on Cat?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:22 am
Suspended

Can't wait for the switch.

Easy property to access from FL.

Even better: look forward to amenity stacking!!
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability

Continental breakfast daily, for up to two in room guests

$100 USD Food & Beverage credit, to be utilized during stay

Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by MorePtsPls
I had heard Atlantis would not come on line with Marriott until Dec 1 so am pleased to hear it might be Oct 1 instead.
Well Oct 1 isn't the magic date, so your Dec 1 might be right. It's not coming up on the Marriott website yet, not even as a opening in xx. Also no formal announcement of opening in Marriott news center. Just listed under a generic Autograph Collections release of 11 properties to come on board by year end.

Cheers.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Well Oct 1 isn't the magic date, so your Dec 1 might be right. It's not coming up on the Marriott website yet, not even as a opening in xx. Also no formal announcement of opening in Marriott news center. Just listed under a generic Autograph Collections release of 11 properties to come on board by year end.

Cheers.
yeah, this stinks. They can't announce a fall join date and then wait till 12/1 ... hope this is not the case
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
yeah, this stinks. They can't announce a fall join date and then wait till 12/1 ... hope this is not the case
Officially fall is Sept 23 to Dec 21, so Marriott has time.

Bit back to reality. They don't own the property so don't have control over everything. Could be legal, renovation, meeting systems, etc.

Marriott originally said "fall", not a specific date. One person heard it was Oct 1; another Dec 1. It's not like the ressie line is always accurate.

Fwiw - I don't expect it to be on the Marriott website until all 're legal things are done. We've seen that many a time.

I hate auto correct

Cheers
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:41 am

I saw on a thread in Insiders that the timeframe for booking on Marriott is end of October, but there was also a caveat that they'd be getting an update in mid-October.

Cheers.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:33 pm

Programs: WN CP, A+, UA Sil, MR Amb LTP, Hyatt Plat, HH Dia, National EE
Info now posted...

Is Atlantis participating in Marriott Rewards®?

Yes, for new reservations booked beginning on October 16, 2014, members will be able to earn points, miles and Elite nights, enjoy Elite benefits and redeem points for free night stays. Please note that The Reef, Atlantis is participating for earning points, miles, and Elite nights only; redemption award stays will not be available at The Reef, Atlantis.

How do I book a stay at Atlantis?

Please visit www.marriott.com/atlantis or call 1-877-829-2429 to learn more. Booking through these channels will also ensure that your stay will be eligible for earning and that Elite level benefits may be received. Booking outside of these channels may result in a reservation that is not eligible to earn Rewards Points / Miles and may not receive Elite Benefits.

How many points will I earn for my stays at the Atlantis resort?

For stays booked starting October 16, 2014, members will earn 10 points per US dollar on room rate only.

When can I redeem my points for a complimentary stay at Atlantis?

Members can redeem points for free stays at 4 of the towers starting on October 16, 2014. These include: Atlantis, Beach Tower, Atlantis, Coral Towers, Atlantis, Royal Towers and The Cove. However, please note that redeeming points for a complimentary stay will not be possible at The Reef, Atlantis.

What Rewards category will the resort be?

The Atlantis is made up of 4 towers that will participate for redemption stays. They are as follows:

Atlantis, Beach Tower - Category 7
Atlantis, Coral Towers - Category 7
Atlantis, Royal Towers - Category 8
The Cove Atlantis - Category 9

Will I be awarded points, miles or Elite nights if I made reservations made prior October 16, 2014?

No. Regardless of check-in date, Members who made their reservations before October 16, 2012 will not earn points, miles, or nights for their stays.

If a member arrives prior to October 16, 2014 and stays through the “live date” will they earn points, miles or Elite night credit? (i.e. arrival on 10/14 with a departure on 10/20)

No. Members who made their reservations before October 16, 2014 will not earn points, miles, Elite benefits or night credits for their stays.

What Elite benefits will I receive at Atlantis?

Marriott Rewards Elite Members who book a stay will receive benefits by level when staying at Atlantis. Please note in our Elite Member Terms & Conditions: A valid member number is required at the time of reservation in order to receive Elite benefits. While we will do everything we can to deliver upon Elite Benefits at all times, certain Elite benefits may not apply.

As an Elite member, will I receive Elite nights for my stays prior to Atlantis joining the program on October 16, 2014?

No. Elite members with reservations booked or stays concluding prior to October 16, 2014, will not receive Elite night credits.

Do members of The Ritz-Carlton Rewards also earn points, miles, Elite nights and Elite benefits?

Yes. For stays booked starting on October 16, 2014, as the exclusive luxury partner of Marriott Rewards, members of The Ritz-Carlton Rewards can also earn and redeem points, and receive the published Elite benefits at Autograph Collection Hotels.

As a miles-earning member, will I be able to earn miles with all current airline partners when Atlantis joins the Autograph Collection?

Yes. For stays booked starting October 16, 2014, members will earn 2 airline miles per US dollar on room rate only.

Is Marriott Vacation Club taking over the timeshares on the Atlantis property?

At this time, no, Harborside Resort will not become a Marriott Vacation Club property.

I have questions that aren’t answered here. Where can I go for more information?

Please contact Customer Support.

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/docs/DOC-1822
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by jsf423
I would guess Category 7, then upgrade with points or $$ for better towers. It will be a joke if they try category 9 on this hotel.
We have a winner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.