Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Ginza Courtyard, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Marriott Forum Threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1577397-courtyard-tokyo-station-japan.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1577399-tokyo-ginza-courtyard-japan.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/136870-marriott-family-hotels-tokyo-japan.html
Print Wikipost

Tokyo Ginza Courtyard, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2018, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
People report online that the rooms are dated...is that still the case? I think the last renovation here was in 2008.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
People report online that the rooms are dated...is that still the case? I think the last renovation here was in 2008.
This is from my stay last fall. Did not look dated AT ALL to me, in fact very, very nice. This is the most basic room.

Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
It's not the most stylish room but it's far from dated. Breakfast is quite good as well.
This will be my no 1 choice in Tokyo purely because of its location since I will not need to rush for the last train if I m drinking around ginza.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Breakfast was indeed great. And free for Golds! Obv not a given for a Courtyard, so a very pleasant surprise.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Stayed in the second highest floor, Premium Room floor or something along those lines, last month. Room was not dated...similar to the photo a few posts but a tad nicer.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Breakfast was indeed great. And free for Golds! Obv not a given for a Courtyard, so a very pleasant surprise.
Silvers also get free breakfast, if I remember correctly. Very generous of the hotel.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
This is from my stay last fall. Did not look dated AT ALL to me, in fact very, very nice. This is the most basic room.

That is not a basic room, I got one much smaller and I am Platinum Premiere. The room was at the lobby level at the corner but windows on only one side.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danola

That is not a basic room, I got one much smaller and I am Platinum Premiere. The room was at the lobby level at the corner but windows on only one side.
Interesting. I booked the most basic room and wasn't told I got upgraded or anything, so I just assumed it was.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting - Planning to go there next summer, but everything past mid-September (all the way until July/EOS) is blacked out. Anyone got any ideas for what's up here? Suffering from Merger-IT issues or is it closing/renovating? I hope not...
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Interesting - Planning to go there next summer, but everything past mid-September (all the way until July/EOS) is blacked out. Anyone got any ideas for what's up here? Suffering from Merger-IT issues or is it closing/renovating? I hope not...
There were some comments up thread that they release rooms for booking far closer in than normal for Marriott. But not that close in Would probably guess merger IT issues. Give them a call if very urgent.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There were some comments up thread that they release rooms for booking far closer in than normal for Marriott. But not that close in Would probably guess merger IT issues. Give them a call if very urgent.
Sure, but only ONE month out? That's crazy close-in for hotel bookings. It's not at all urgent for me (I was looking at an award booking for May/June) so I can wait, but it's still weird that not even cash bookings are available.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Sure, but only ONE month out? That's crazy close-in for hotel bookings. It's not at all urgent for me (I was looking at an award booking for May/June) so I can wait, but it's still weird that not even cash bookings are available.
Indeed, I would write it off to IT issues this weekend. Though May/June' next year is likely still too early.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
I've been noticing this for a few weeks now. Didn't call b/c I wasn't really ready to book yet but found it odd and still do. I don't think they're in need of renovations so hope we get clarification soon.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by estnet
I've been noticing this for a few weeks now. Didn't call b/c I wasn't really ready to book yet but found it odd and still do. I don't think they're in need of renovations so hope we get clarification soon.
I sent the concierge an email, will report back one I get a response!
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:08 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I sent the concierge an email, will report back one I get a response!
Did you find out what's going on? I wanted to book for February and nothing shows past 1/28/19.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.