Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian SPG American Express

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: aeroplan airmiles priorityclub choiceprivilege asiamiles spg bw
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Yes, but is it transferred right away to SPG account?
No!

What I meant to say was that the referral bonus showed up much sooner than the signup bonus ... which showed up in the "new" SPG account like a few wks after I met the spending threshold ... I did not pay much attention but it seems to be not more than 4 wks ... could be like 2 wks after I received the statement showing spending threshold has been met ...
Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:53 pm

Programs: AC*100K MM, lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by ValueHunter99
Just wondering if you had met the signup bonus spending threshold? For me, the signup bonus appeared a few weeks after meeting the signup bonus spending threshold.

Typically, the referral bonus appears the moment the referral is approved. (My experience)
I met the spending threshold before the end of Dec. 2012. The sign up bonus points have never been posted to my Amex acccount.

This is in addition to having to call in January or February to have Amex correct their initial error of sending the monthly spend points to a new spg account of their creation.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: aeroplan airmiles priorityclub choiceprivilege asiamiles spg bw
Originally Posted by Magicbus
I met the spending threshold before the end of Dec. 2012. The sign up bonus points have never been posted to my Amex acccount.

This is in addition to having to call in January or February to have Amex correct their initial error of sending the monthly spend points to a new spg account of their creation.
That's seem quite a long time.
Did you save your application? Did it mention about getting welcome bonus?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:23 pm

Programs: SPG
Indeed

And now I am calling everyday to get my points transferred from the last Amex statement which for some reason got lost in the process. Worked fine before but this time Amex says they transferred on Feb 28 and to date have not shown up in my SPG account.
Have the same issue. Emailed [email protected] today. Did you get your points and who did you have to contact?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Vit007
Have the same issue. Emailed [email protected] today. Did you get your points and who did you have to contact?
Not yet. Been calling Amex and SPG so far CSR. Is that the same as a SPG lurker or something?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: SPG
Not yet. Been calling Amex and SPG so far CSR. Is that the same as a SPG lurker or something?
Yes, it is SPG lurker's email.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:45 pm

Programs: SPG, AP
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by anaerobic
Ditto last month. Wife got her 10k credit 2 weeks ago without issue. Now just waiting for my 21k
Follow up...
Got my first statement yesterday and showed I was awarded the 21k bonus + spend. Double checked my SPG account:

Earn +22,091 03/16/2013 SPG AX CA BASE SPEND CNSMR

No issues. Before the card was approved they called to verify my info. At that point I made sure they had my existing SPG # so perhaps that helped.

Hope you guys can get your points sorted out!
Old Mar 21, 2013, 6:42 pm

Follow up...
Got my first statement yesterday and showed I was awarded the 21k bonus + spend. Double checked my SPG account:

No issues. Before the card was approved they called to verify my info. At that point I made sure they had my existing SPG # so perhaps that helped.

I my case, the referral points that were posted in the Amex statement have not been transferred to SPG, although they say, their system shows the points were moved on the following day after the statement date. Investigating as to why not for the last 23 days now. Had the card for more than 6 months and points were transferred in few days previously; no issues until now.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 9:39 pm

Follow up...

Interesting that they called you to verify your info...is that normal? Did you apply online?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:29 pm

Programs: SPG, AP
Originally Posted by pokee
Interesting that they called you to verify your info...is that normal? Did you apply online?
I thought so to. Online referral from my wife. No clue if its normal although my wife didn't get a call when she applied last year. Didn't seem like they were confirming anything major, just a couple basic non-financial questions. Was glad they called to confirm my existing spg account would be used.

Won't hesitate to reapply again based on this experience.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 9:24 pm

I've seen that too... they need to verify that it was actually you that applied, apparently.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 11:45 pm

Correct accounting of points were shown on my recent Amex statement and 'transferred' to my SPG account.

Only issue was Amex had SPG open a new account. I discovered this a few days later since I received a welcome package from SPG in the mail.

I signed into new (2nd) SPG account and sure enough, there were my points:

Earn +10,000 03/18/2013 SPG AX CA SPCL BONUS ACQ CNSR
Earn +10,000 03/18/2013 SPG AX CA 1ST PURCHASE CNSMR
Earn +8,355 03/18/2013 SPG AX CA BASE SPEND CNSMR

Tonight I went into my 1st SPG account and request to 'Merge' the two SPG accounts. Will call Amex in the am and ensure they have my correct (1st) SPG number in their system.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I also got a new SPG account after receiving my SPG Amex card. I know I can request to merge my two SPG accounts. What happens if I just leave them as they are ? Will SPG punish me when they find out ?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 4:08 pm

Send a secure message (email) online from your account...that seemed to get me a more speedy and definitive answer when I asked for the fourth time where the frig my points were. I'll know in about a week how accurate that answer was...
Well, I FINALLY did get my 15,000 as of the 5th statement - and it looks like the secure message/email was what got me some results. Thanks again to FT users that suggested this!

I immediately transferred my 20,000 SPGs to BA (25,000 with bonus!) and I am going to cancel this Amex! Anyone know if there is a minimum time frame for the SPG Amex? Not that they could take any of my points back once they're transferred, but thought it would be good to know if cancelling less than 6 months has any side effects?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 5:25 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
General rule is dont cancel in first 6 months; that'll flag you. No benefit to cancelling this early.

There are other threads that argue 11 months (my preference); some say wait till your first bill with the next year's fee shows up so you can leverage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.