Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian SPG American Express

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2013, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by ValueHunter99
It happened to me, too.

I simply emailed SPG and they simply transfer the points to the one SPG account which I want to keep. It was quite fast ...^
Another reason this card sucks...can't they just get it right and use the # provided on the application? It happens too often - perhaps all the time!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 6:44 pm

Indeed

And now I am calling everyday to get my points transferred from the last Amex statement which for some reason got lost in the process. Worked fine before but this time Amex says they transferred on Feb 28 and to date have not shown up in my SPG account.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Indeed

And now I am calling everyday to get my points transferred from the last Amex statement which for some reason got lost in the process. Worked fine before but this time Amex says they transferred on Feb 28 and to date have not shown up in my SPG account.

That's happened to me a few years ago. Those points should've shown up by now. I guess you've confirm with you which account number it should be going to?
Old Mar 17, 2013, 3:39 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Indeed

Ask a supervisor to send an email to the SPG helpdesk.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by YYCOllie
Ask a supervisor to send an email to the SPG helpdesk.
And what happens then...?

Supposedly they did and now are awaiting (3 days?) confirmation from SPG that points did not get there. But I told them that already by checking my online account and calling SPG several times myself with confirmations of non-arrival of points. SPG says its AMEX that posts and looks after the points until it shows up on their system.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 5:13 pm

This is why I will never pay an annual fee for this card. Useless customer service when Amex needs to talk to SPG. I am supposedly getting my missing 15, 000 next week after waiting for 5 statements...I'll believe it when I see it...
Old Mar 18, 2013, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by pokee
This is why I will never pay an annual fee for this card. Useless customer service when Amex needs to talk to SPG. I am supposedly getting my missing 15, 000 next week after waiting for 5 statements...I'll believe it when I see it...
really ??
Old Mar 18, 2013, 6:03 pm

really ??
Really...
Old Mar 18, 2013, 6:08 pm

Really...
I did get the referral points few times quick like and was promised bonus points on the partner's first statement coming up this week. Maybe shallow promises.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 6:38 pm

Programs: aeroplan airmiles priorityclub choiceprivilege asiamiles spg bw
5 wks?

This cannot be the norm, can it?

I was going to sign up for it, now I am not sure if I should ...

I have had this card before and they (amex) failed to transfer the point to the account I specified on the application, but to a new account. It took a few emails before they(SPG) finally transfer to my "old" SPG account.

Has the process gone so bad now ?
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:28 pm

Programs: AC*100K MM, lifetime Titanium Elite
Canadian SPG American Express

I'm 4 statements along and no sign up bonus yet. Called to inquire yesterday and am told they will investigate. On the other hand referral points arrived within a day or two of the approval of the referee. Also, despite including my spg number on the application, amex had created a new spg account and was sending the monthly spend points there. On the whole not a great customer service experience.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Magicbus
I'm 4 statements along and no sign up bonus yet. Called to inquire yesterday and am told they will investigate. On the other hand referral points arrived within a day or two of the approval of the referee. Also, despite including my spg number on the application, amex had created a new spg account and was sending the monthly spend points there. On the whole not a great customer service experience.
Were the points posted to you Amex account (statement) and the problem was with the transfer to SPG or no granting of your points on statements?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:57 am

Send a secure message (email) online from your account...that seemed to get me a more speedy and definitive answer when I asked for the fourth time where the frig my points were. I'll know in about a week how accurate that answer was...
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: aeroplan airmiles priorityclub choiceprivilege asiamiles spg bw
Just wondering if you had met the signup bonus spending threshold? For me, the signup bonus appeared a few weeks after meeting the signup bonus spending threshold.

Typically, the referral bonus appears the moment the referral is approved. (My experience)
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by ValueHunter99
Just wondering if you had met the signup bonus spending threshold? For me, the signup bonus appeared a few weeks after meeting the signup bonus spending threshold.

Typically, the referral bonus appears the moment the referral is approved. (My experience)
Yes, but is it transferred right away to SPG account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.