Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double Night Credits...weird

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN P+, Hertz President's Circle, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond
Platinum Premiere

I was able to register. Thanks for the tip, every stay counts!

Last edited by FlyforSAP; Apr 22, 2009 at 2:54 pm Reason: remove unneeded x from able
Old Apr 22, 2009, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT/2MM/lifetime Admirals Club, UA lifetime United Club, DL lifetime Sky Club, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by megtravels
gee tedward, you think i actually picked up on that??? (heck i worked 15 hours at the polls yesterday-school board elections/budget here in NJ so i am STILL out of it.....can you say watching grass grow?? )
Sorry, I thought the "...weird" in my subject line and the boldfacing would've given it away.

I was a poll watcher for the November 2008 election. So I feel your pain!
Old Apr 22, 2009, 3:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by tedward
Sorry, I thought the "...weird" in my subject line and the boldfacing would've given it away.
Yes, I caught the "weird", but either way I win!
Old Apr 22, 2009, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT/2MM/lifetime Admirals Club, UA lifetime United Club, DL lifetime Sky Club, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by boxo
but either way I win!
Yes, you do!
Old Apr 22, 2009, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium, National Car Exec Elite
Thanks for the heads up.

Have quite a bit of travel in June, and was going to switch over to Best Western to build some status there.

I'll stick w/ Marriott til at least end of June.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
This promotion is targeted.

I called about the confusion of first stay/second stay. The net is lots of folks have been calling. The intent is that the double credits only apply to second stay and beyond.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
nice!

took screenshots with 'starting with the first stay'. Hope Marriott will honor this. 4 nights booked = 8 nights credited
Old Apr 22, 2009, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Marriott PP
Not sure about first/second stay question. But for everyone getting the "Tier X Display" error message mine is gone and it looks like it's showing up properly...
Old Apr 22, 2009, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
This is awesome. I'm glad I got it right for once. I spent the first 3 months getting SPG PLT with 25 stay and 27 nights, passing on the Megabonus (I'll get the first part but not the full points) in hopes of a double credit later in the year. I just started 3-4 nt/wk at Marriott through the summer so I'll hit my double PLT by mid-July.

I was targeted - it was listed in my profile when I logged on ("You are eligible for...) and I had no registration problems.

I am curious about the double nights for 2010. Does this mean once I hit 25 nights and Silver elite for 2010, my nights will count for this year and next? Or only once I hit 75 nights (which I won't do during the promotion)?
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by daeus
Not sure about first/second stay question. But for everyone getting the "Tier X Display" error message mine is gone and it looks like it's showing up properly...
Yep, now showing properly in my account.

"Double Night Credit Promotion >>
From May 11 through June 26 registered members will earn two nights for every night they stay beginning with the first stay."
Old Apr 23, 2009, 4:01 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Guess i could need some more info about those "Elite Rollover Nights".

Basically one might have the idea that one could requalify as Plat until Feb 2012 by doing a total of 85 paid nights within 2009 (85-10 = 75 nights "Rollover" to 2010 -> requalified as Plat for 2011 by "Rollover"-Nights only) ?

If you must meet your current level, before "Elite Rollover Nights" kick-in, doing 85 nights in 2009 will only net 10 nights (=Silver) for 2010. Other option is 85 nights will result in 35 nights rollover (85-50). No idea... :-)

Also nights earned using the "Double Night Credit"-Promo should count towards "Elite Rollover Nights"... :-)
Old Apr 23, 2009, 4:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Marriott Plat
Great!

10 nights booked = 20 nights credited
Old Apr 23, 2009, 5:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
knock on wood

i'm in

is it the 1st or 2nd stay though

it is important b/c I'll do a cheapo FI for one night to get the 1st one out of the way if its the 2nd stay
Old Apr 23, 2009, 5:44 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Sweet

First Megabonus, then stay twice get a free night, now double night credits and rollover nights. Wow they must be running low occupancies.

Since I am planning to retire next year, the double nights plus rollover could help me with Platinum status for 2010. Say I can achieve 85 nights with the double, then I only need 50 nights in 2010 plus the 10 rollover plus the 15 Visa nights.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 6:13 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
I doubt that nights gained via the double credit promo (= unpaid promo nights) count towards the rollover nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.