Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double Night Credits...weird

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2009, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT/2MM/lifetime Admirals Club, UA lifetime United Club, DL lifetime Sky Club, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Double Night Credits...weird

Check this out! (I boldfaced it, not Marriott.)

From https://www.marriott.com/rewards/pro...RN09&psrc=MRTR

Earn Double Night Credits Beginning with Your First Stay!
Your continued loyalty to Marriott Rewards® means a lot. As a way to say thank you, we'd like to give you a special earning opportunity as spring turns to summer. From May 11 through June 26, 2009, earn Double Night Credits beginning with your first paid stay!

That means that each night you stay with us, you'll earn credit for two nights instead of one, which will even help you to reach your next Elite level twice as fast.
Here's how to earn double night credits:
  1. Register for the promotion and reserve a room
  2. Stay at any of over 3,000 participating Marriott hotels worldwide between May 11 and June 26, 2009, and
  3. Earn double night credits beginning with your second stay

It's that simple to double your points - and to double your earnings!

Last edited by tedward; Apr 22, 2009 at 2:04 pm Reason: Put the quote in a quote box
Old Apr 22, 2009, 1:46 pm

I found this quite interesting:
With Double Nights, we’re adding a fast-track bonus to a first-ever benefit. Elite Rollover Nights makes every night count! Once you’ve reached Elite status in 2009, every night you earn rolls over towards your 2010 status.
It’s a first. It’s new – and it’s all about you.Don’t miss your chance to reach your 2009 Elite status faster ... and start earning your next level in 2010.

Last edited by sangreal; Apr 22, 2009 at 1:58 pm
Old Apr 22, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat,SW, Hertz #1 Gold, Amtrak SP, jetBlue, et al
i tried to register...got a
"tier 3 message missing" note in the box??

maybe P/PPs can't register??? (since there isn't another level, unless it's a secret?)

in any event, sounds like they are desperate for more elite members...and not to be mean, but thus eroding status even more.......SORRY! but that's what it is.....
Old Apr 22, 2009, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT/2MM/lifetime Admirals Club, UA lifetime United Club, DL lifetime Sky Club, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sangreal
That's awesome! I would've requalified for Gold in 2007 from 2006's activities.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by megtravels

maybe P/PPs can't register??? (since there isn't another level, unless it's a secret?)
I'm a "regular" Platinum, and I registered successfully. Either it's something with you, your computer, or a temporary glitch with Marriott. I registered about 20 minutes ago.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:07 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, AAdvantage, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sangreal
Can anyone explain this? Once you become what level of Elite do they start to roll over to next year?
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by tedward
I'm a "regular" Platinum, and I registered successfully. Either it's something with you, your computer, or a temporary glitch with Marriott. I registered about 20 minutes ago.
i tried it again, and got the confo screen taht says thanks for registering blah blah...but it doesn't show up with the promotions screen with the other ones...or maybe that's where i got that message...

Hmmm....maybe i shall save a screenshot......ya never know!
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
I just registered but in the 'Promotion Progress' tracker, I too get the message 'tier 3 message missing' in the box.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Thank you for registering for the Marriott Rewards Double Elite Night Credits Promotion.

Thanks tedward!

========================

ADD:

It's not showing up under Registered Promotions, but shows in the "You're eligible" box.

Last edited by boxo; Apr 22, 2009 at 2:20 pm
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:12 pm

i tried it again, and got the confo screen taht says thanks for registering blah blah...but it doesn't show up with the promotions screen with the other ones...or maybe that's where i got that message...

Hmmm....maybe i shall save a screenshot......ya never know!
I see that error, and tier 2 message missing everywhere the short description of the promo should be. For example:

You're registered:

* --tier 2 message missing--

I registered through the regular promo page. I' bet its just a temporary issue
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:16 pm

i copied the message and emailed it to myself......that way i can access it anywhere just in case...

they are getting a little promo happy though....

3 nights this weekend for the other 15K bonus points, then i will start on the stay 2 get a free night....

found me a 55 buck rate, and scored an upgrade 40 minutes from home....should be a nice weekend....
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Glad you guys are all registering successfully. I guess the reason why I was posting was lost, though. I posted it because the boldfaced sections contradict each other. They're not clear as to whether or not the promotion is effective the first or second stay.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:30 pm

gee tedward, you think i actually picked up on that??? (heck i worked 15 hours at the polls yesterday-school board elections/budget here in NJ so i am STILL out of it.....can you say watching grass grow?? )

Guess MR doesn't have proofreaders.....

but thanks for finding it.....
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:43 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred

in any event, sounds like they are desperate for more elite members...and not to be mean, but thus eroding status even more.......SORRY! but that's what it is.....
I am a PP and it accepted my registration without any problem. Naturally I took a screen shot of the registration.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:46 pm

I was able to register but since Starwood is offering stay 2 get a free weekend night... I won't be staying with Marriott much during this Spring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.