Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double Night Credits...weird

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2009, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
It's a tough call, depending on the forecast nights next year, status in other programs, etc. If you're going to stay 75 next year already (and assuming no rollover for another year), than anything over 75 is actually wasted and is better used at another chain to keep/build status.

I'm going to figure out a semi-worst-case number of rooms I can plan for in 2010, and maybe stop when that number, plus carry-over, gets me to 75 next year. That's probably in the 30-40 range to carry over.

But at that point my options are more MR nights or more SPG nights, which don't really get anything status-wise, or start on HH/HY and go through non-status stays until status is achieved. Or maybe I just stay with MR/SPG and don't worry about status...

Last edited by CPRich; Jun 15, 2009 at 7:10 pm
Old Jun 15, 2009, 8:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
You could ask Hyatt for a status match and see what it is like. As for me, I need another 16 more stays at Hyatt to keep diamond. I plan on squeezing about 10-14 stays at Hyatt between mid-September to the end of the year for the fall FFN promo.

I expect 2010 to be lighter in terms of paid travel (since I plan on burning Hilton and Hyatt points next year), so I would rather hit 135 this year and drop down to about 50 next year with Marriott. I'm already over 90 nights without the double nights counted so 135 will probably be done by the time I am finished with the summer MegaBonus. I might not be able to take full advantage of the fall MegaBonus since I will be spending 3 weeks in London on award stays with Marriott and be focused on getting the remainder of my Hyatt stays in the fall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.