Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by lexdevil
Wonder what I'll get when I hit 3xLTP sometime this spring. Probably the same thing I got when I reached 2xLTP. Zip.
I'm not quite in your league but am in the same ballpark, and I'm hoping we'll get some love when the new program is rolled out. I expect a meaningful level above the current platinum, and that we'll get lifetime status at that level. (And I still think there will be a level above that [premier, ambassador, whatever] with unpublished criteria and no lifetime component.)

If I had to guess, I'd say there will be the following based either on nights or revenue or some combination of the two:
- General Member, 0-14 nights (points earning and that's all)
- Silver, 15-34 nights (a little points bonus and that's all)
- Gold, 35-74 nights (bigger points bonus, space-available upgrades, no automatic lounge access)
- Platinum, 75-124 nights (bigger points bonus, arrival gift, priority room upgrades including suites, guaranteed lounge access for guest+1)
- Titanium, 125+ nights (bigger points bonus, enhanced arrival gift, guaranteed lounge access for guest+3, room upgrade at time of booking including suites, enhanced customer service)
- Ambassador (personal concierge service to ensure priority application of the above benefits)
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Obviously someone with over 2000 Marriott nights didn't need the whopping 15 extra elite mights from the CC nor the extra night for every $3k in soending, as it has been repeatedly posted that other CCs that have much better earnings then the Marriott Visa CC

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
You are really on tilt here...this is probably one of Marriott top 1% of elite customers (maybe top 0.1%)...and he apparently doesn't have the Marriott CC (otherwise, you know, he would have earned some nights from spend over the years). You don't see that as a gap perhaps that needs filling?

I spent $60K on my SPG AmEx last year. No late fees but AmEx gets ~1.8% of that let's say, over $1,000 from my patronized merchants in interchange fees. That's why CC issuers shell out billions to these hotel and airlines these days you know.

Do some research next time.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Srisarin
Obviously someone with over 2000 Marriott nights didn't need the whopping 15 extra elite mights from the CC nor the extra night for every $3k in soending, as it has been repeatedly posted that other CCs that have much better earnings then the Marriott Visa CC

No, but obviously the best ROI on most travel cards is in the own programs...there are few like the SPG AmEx that are also great on non-bonused spend. The poster forfeited a good amount of add'l Marriott points over the years by charging not a dime of say $150-200K to a Marriott Visa. Or close to a million points. It's not just about the nights you know. Marriott Visa card is generally acknowledged as quite poor, other than being decent for hotel stays.

Smells like a case study to me.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Srisarin
True enough, but as someone swimming in nights I still appreciate the extra 5 points per $ spent. I know I could get 3 CSR points if I opted to use that card instead, but the 5 Marriott points are pretty competitive when I redeem them as part of a Travel Package (pretty much the only way I burn my Marriott points), especially when there is a bonus offer for points transfers. I have pondered putting them on the CSR, but this has worked well for me for well over a decade (long before there was a CSR card). I tend to redeem one or two Travel Packages a year, opting for the maximum air miles.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I'm not quite in your league but am in the same ballpark, and I'm hoping we'll get some love when the new program is rolled out. I expect a meaningful level above the current platinum, and that we'll get lifetime status at that level.
I don't know that they need more levels. They could make me happy with the existing levels with a few adjustments.

Stop the Concierge "experiment" and make it a real benefit that is based on status. I can't tell you how much it irks me that there are Golds with concierges, when I have been PP since 2011 and I do not have a concierge.
Just last week I spent two hours on the phone fighting with Marriott to get my Rewarding Events points for a 30+ room block I booked in December (the hotel thought you only get meeting planner points if you personally pay for the rooms). I should not have had to spend time on this. It is something that a concierge would have been ideal for.

Create a real and consistent benefit attached to being PP. I don't care about the annual knick knack. I did appreciate the United Gold status (though I know it was not useful to others who already had that status or better). Back in the day I appreciated the 15% discount in the restaurant (though I know it was not useful to people whose employers cover their full meal costs). It would be really cool if they gave PPs a choice of something worthwhile. How about a choice between United Gold status and a restaurant discount, or a few guaranteed suite upgrade certificates.

Send an appropriate gift to recognize milestones that go beyond those recognized by the program. Maybe 2, 3, 4...xLTP could get a personalized travel accessory. Or, in recognition of how much they would probably love to sleep in their own bed, a certificate for some Marriott bedding. I dunno. But let's not make it a cheap phone charger, bluetooth speaker, or faux leather charging-cable case.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Yes. Rollover nights do not rollover. Never have.
You're correct that rollover nights no longer roll over, however, it hasn't always been that way. For the first couple years rollover was in effect, they did allow them to roll over more than once. I accumulated a ton of nights that way -earning something like 225, which rolled over 150, 75 of which rolled over again.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by mooper
You're correct that rollover nights no longer roll over, however, it hasn't always been that way. For the first couple years rollover was in effect, they did allow them to roll over more than once. I accumulated a ton of nights that way -earning something like 225, which rolled over 150, 75 of which rolled over again.
I may remember that. But it certainly didn't last long.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I can't seem to find the thread that answers my question: I am a lifetime Starwood platinum. When Starwood program ends, will I be given lifetime platinum on the Marriott program?

Thanks!
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by MostlyUA
I can't seem to find the thread that answers my question: I am a lifetime Starwood platinum. When Starwood program ends, will I be given lifetime platinum on the Marriott program?

Thanks!
yes you will have LT PT once the programs merge.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by MostlyUA

Thanks!
Actually, all that has been announced is that Lifetime Status will be "recognized" in the new program. We do not know if it will be carried over as Lifetime, or some other lesser status (i.e. Emeritus) with new rules to make lifetime. Just like we don't know if they will be keeping the same tier structure and how our current tier will convert to the new program. Still way too many questions to be answered. Until they announce the new program all we can do is wait and speculate.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Thanks for the responses. I guess I'll have to spend more time at Marriott properties.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite

Wonder what I'll get when I hit 3xLTP sometime this spring. Probably the same thing I got when I reached 2xLTP. Zip.
If it makes you feel any better, I haven't received anything for getting 1xLTP. Qualified middle of last year and have received nothing, including a letter stating that I've been renewed this year for Platinum. Strange.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by mdaecher
If it makes you feel any better, I haven't received anything for getting 1xLTP. Qualified middle of last year and have received nothing, including a letter stating that I've been renewed this year for Platinum. Strange.
I got a LT Marriott card. Not sure what I will do with it.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by txpenny
I got a LT Marriott card. Not sure what I will do with it.
Is there anywhere where that card is actually useful to show?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by mdaecher
I think you only get the Lifetime welcome when you actually drop out of either Platinum Premier or Platinum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.