Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Srisarin
Why?
Membership in FT starting date doesn’t necessarily mean the OP started his Marriott account simultaneously as OP could have been with MR for years prior and not formally been with FT (lots of lurkers) but let’s see what OP next posts
OP stated his MR membership started in 2014. His profile says his FT account started in 2013.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:25 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Minor finesse, but also CC elite credits outside of outright spend, per se...
A 500k credit card spend will get you an extra 166 nights, add that to 150 to 200 nights in a hotel and you will get close to 750 in 2 to 3 years.

This is entirely possible....and with rollovers it can be done in 2 years.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
And if you run a bunch of meetings, you can do it in a couple of months.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by TommyC80
We’re in a similar spot. I’m 37, made LTP in five years. Currently at 997 LT nights, and 3.9m LT points. If they end up counting everything I’ve transferred in from SPG it’s closer to 5.0m LT points
Originally Posted by IslesFan
Heh... I just turned 34, and hit LTP last month. Just over 2mil points with ~950 nights.
Very quick, and congratulations! I am at LT nights 693 and LT points 2.02M. Would have to figure out some ways to get 40 LT nights after the CC anniversary night credits.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:02 am

Buying Points

If I buy points do these count towards Lifetime points balance. I'm close to LT Platinum and can guarantee if I do this (and the points count). It says in the T&C that purchased points don't count to elite status....which is vague
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:13 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
If I buy points do these count towards Lifetime points balance. I'm close to LT Platinum and can guarantee if I do this (and the points count). It says in the T&C that purchased points don't count to elite status....which is vague
I am about 90% sure I have purchased points and they have counted towards. Lifetime. To se sure, buy 1,000 points and if it does change your LT balance up 1,000, you will know for sure.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, M Life Gold, Wyndham Diamond, Caesars Diamond, IHG Plat
I've been seeing a lot of information about transferring points from SPG to Marriott will not count towards lifetime status, but what about Marriott to Marriott accounts? My wife has over 100k Marriott, if she transfer me the annual limit of 50k, would that count towards my lifetime status?

I tried to search the thread for that question but was unsuccessful.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 4:42 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Originally Posted by plzkthx
I've been seeing a lot of information about transferring points from SPG to Marriott will not count towards lifetime status, but what about Marriott to Marriott accounts? My wife has over 100k Marriott, if she transfer me the annual limit of 50k, would that count towards my lifetime status?

Yes, it would be deducted from her LT and added to yours. You can transfer 50,000 each year. 50,000 now and 50,000 January 2nd.
No, a transfer of points from SPG to Marriott does not count
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by plzkthx

Yes, you will increase your lifetime by 50K and she will reduce by 50K. A net difference of 0 lifetime points on MR's books. If MR allowed LT points from SPG that would bump their total with no revenue to match up. The bean counters will not allow that. I'm sure they are going crazy trying to figure out how to account for the merger and that is most likely the hold up.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
Okay, I understand about transferring MP points to count towards lifetime status, but what about if you are short on NIGHTS?

Husband is LTP with almost 900 nights and 3.5 million points. I've passed the LTP point threshhold with over 1.6 million points but I have only 380 nights. Is there any way I can get credit for the 120 nights from my husband (who would still exceed LTP requirements)? I can easily show that at least that many nights of his have been joint stays (timeshare nights and other vacations).
Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lskohn
Okay, I understand about transferring MP points to count towards lifetime status, but what about if you are short on NIGHTS?

Husband is LTP with almost 900 nights and 3.5 million points. I've passed the LTP point threshhold with over 1.6 million points but I have only 380 nights. Is there any way I can get credit for the 120 nights from my husband (who would still exceed LTP requirements)? I can easily show that at least that many nights of his have been joint stays (timeshare nights and other vacations).
1.6 million points is the Lifetime Gold points theshold, not the Lifetime Platinum points threshold. So you're nowhere near LTP on either points or nights.

From the wikipost atop this thread:
Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points
No, there's no way to transfer nights between people. The two ways to "manufacture" nights are:

1. Spend on the Chase Marriott Rewards card. In addition to earning points, you earn an extra status night for every $3000 in spend. (Plus you earn 15 automatically every year for just having the card.) But it takes an enourmous amount of spend to get the 370 nights you need to get to LTP (and by doing that much spend, you'd get the extra 400k points way earlier).

2. This is not always as cheap as the thread title suggests, but:
actually gives you Platinum via 80 nights, so putting it "on steroids" could get you 160 nights in 16 days or 320 nights in 32 days, etc. But, again, you'd then be short about 400k points too.

Last edited by sdsearch; Nov 11, 2017 at 3:01 pm
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
In addition from what sdsearch posted already I suggest that you and your husband look to put joint stays in YOUR name rather than his. For cash stays that's pretty trivial. For points stays, he can transfer points to you (there's a thread on the policy for this elsewhere in the forum) and then you can book the stay with points. Remember, awards stays count towards elite nights totals now.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: Marriott and MLife Platinum, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Elite, Hyatt Explorist
My timeshare ownership has helped me get plenty of nights, but not enough $ spend to qualify for LTP yet. If you can book Marriott getaways through Interval, some of the week long stays in a studio go for $200.00 and you get 7 nights credited.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
Originally Posted by sdsearch
1.6 million points is the Lifetime Gold points theshold, not the Lifetime Platinum points threshold. So you're nowhere near LTP on either points or nights.
Ah yes, thanks, I misread. When the SPG and Marriott programs merge, I'll probably be in better lifetime shape...and yes, our joint stays are now in MY name...will deal with the points later.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah yes, thanks, I misread. When the SPG and Marriott programs merge, I'll probably be in better lifetime shape...and yes, our joint stays are now in MY name...will deal with the points later.
Actually, it's very likely that, when the programs merge, the lifetime requirements will change again somehow (they've change several times in the past with no merger involved), since the SPG lifetime requirements are so different from the Marriott lifetime requirements. But we have no idea what, if anything, they might change to.

SPG doesn't use lifetime points at all, so it's unclear for example if the merged program will even worry about lifetime points or not. SPG also has a lower lifetime nights total (but doesn't count rollover nights), so that too may or may not be "recalibrated". Finally, SPG has a minimum number of years in the annual status level you're seeking as lifetime, so the merged program may or may not add something like that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.