Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Charlotte, NC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Charlotte, NC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2006, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Well the issue for me is make your title more descriptive - I shouldn't have to read through most of the thread to find out which property.
Well, I wasn't even going to post the property. You got lucky.

Seriously, I was ranting.. I'm still not sure whether I was being too picky.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 6:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well I'm w/ the others - if you post something that says you're staying at the worst hotel in the US & you don't post the name to give others fair warning, then you lose credibility - why bother posting. You could then rant to someone who actually cared - like your family & friends. You should know by now FTers want specific info! Cheers.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 5:38 am

Programs: Delta platinum Marriott Plat. Avis Preferred US Air Platinum
I have stayed in that property and agree it's not the best. I always felt it was below par in many respects.

Bad neighborhood, poor service, ......I don't plan to stay there again.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fripp
I have stayed in that property and agree it's not the best. I always felt it was below par in many respects.

Bad neighborhood, poor service, ......I don't plan to stay there again.
On that note, it's the only Courtyard I've been to where security guards conspicuously walk the premises.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:11 am

Programs: aa-plat, nw-gold, ua, sw, marriot-plat, hh-silver, hz-presidents circle, amtrak-who knows
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Well the issue for me is make your title more descriptive - I shouldn't have to read through most of the thread to find out which property - unlike the FTer who said the FS Austin Marriott was the worst in the chain.

Hrmm, missed that thread.. Funny, i never had a problem with that property. Everyone was really nice to me and the room, while small, was clean and passible.

Now the Austin CY is no great shakes.. Good people, but the property itself is pretty grim, not to mention in the shadow of a big overpass.

I wonder if they'll close it once the new CY/RI at the convention center opens.

_m
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by michaelcoyote
Hrmm, missed that thread.. Funny, i never had a problem with that property. Everyone was really nice to me and the room, while small, was clean and passible.

Now the Austin CY is no great shakes.. Good people, but the property itself is pretty grim, not to mention in the shadow of a big overpass.

I wonder if they'll close it once the new CY/RI at the convention center opens.
No, the Arrowood property itself is fine. Clean, etc. The problem was with the service and the OnCommand system. I've had similar problems in other Courtyards but at this one, I couldn't get it working, and they couldn't get it working.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:44 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by whirledtraveler
On that note, it's the only Courtyard I've been to where security guards conspicuously walk the premises.
Then you've never had the pleasure of staying at the (old?) Courtyard Houston Astrodome. This property had a nightclub across the street that was eventually closed because of "too many" knife attacks. They would only leave one gate open and security was everywhere (but only at night...sounds like you may have had me beat).

Other than this, it was a pretty nice Courtyard.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:55 am

Programs: aa-plat, nw-gold, ua, sw, marriot-plat, hh-silver, hz-presidents circle, amtrak-who knows
No, the Arrowood property itself is fine. Clean, etc. The problem was with the service and the OnCommand system. I've had similar problems in other Courtyards but at this one, I couldn't get it working, and they couldn't get it working.
OnCommand? Is this something i should know?

Last edited by michaelcoyote; Aug 27, 2006 at 8:55 pm Reason: speeling :-)
Old Aug 27, 2006, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, working my way back up to AS and Marriott elite status post-baby!
I haven't stayed in that property since late last year, when I was a lowly Silver. The stay was acceptable, although I do remember having a problem with the TVs in one of the rooms (I was in a two-room suite) -- I think it wasn't showing as many channels as the TV in the other room. I had a bit of a challenge getting someone to come up and service it.

The property itself is a little tired, although when I was there, they were doing renovations. Sounds like it didn't help.

Agreed that the surrounding area is terrible, terrible, terrible. I lived in Charlotte a few years ago, so I definitely know. The only reason I stay there is that my company's office is in one of the corporate parks just down Arrowood Road, and we get a good rate there. (My two-room suite was something like $60/night!)

I've stayed at the Fairfield right across the street as well, and it's even worse. Some of my colleagues say that the Hampton Inn on the other side of I-77 is pretty good, and I've also heard a recommendation for the Marriott on Westpark Drive, just a few miles north on I-77. Personally, I would stay over in the Southpark area -- that's where I lived when I was in Charlotte, and it's a nice area with plenty of good restaurants, an upscale mall, and a reasonable commute over to the Arrowood Road area. I've stayed in the Hyatt there, which was quite good, but there's a Marriott there as well (never tried it).
Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't forget - if the management doesn't know there's a problem, they can't fix it. When you have issues, I believe its up to the guest to bring it to the management's attention - otherwise, the management can't resolve issues that they don't know exist.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 4:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Originally Posted by bitburgr
Then you've never had the pleasure of staying at the (old?) Courtyard Houston Astrodome. This property had a nightclub across the street that was eventually closed because of "too many" knife attacks. They would only leave one gate open and security was everywhere (but only at night...sounds like you may have had me beat).

Other than this, it was a pretty nice Courtyard.
Hmmm....Brings to mind the CY Poplar in MEM. Nice enough place, but lots of iron bars, etc. surrounding the parking lot.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 4:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
No. The money makes no difference to me. The issue for me is consistency. Part of me looks at the complaints I had and says that they are ridiculous, but you know, I travel 150+ nights a year, and the one thing I count upon with Courtyard is that there won't be surprises, that it will all just work. Most of the time it does, but it seemed that last week everything started going wrong.
Agree.... The $50 makes for a nice "apology", but I'd rather have what I came for/paid for in the first place.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Anyone stayed at the Courtyard in uptown CLT. The web site claims they have the new bedding package, but the photos on the web site are clearly of the older motelish bedding. What is the treatment of Elite members here? Any recognition at all?
Old Sep 1, 2006, 3:09 pm

I stayed at the full service property downtown. About a 10 minute cab ride from the airport.

This property has the BEST Concierge Lounge I have been to. Fresh Fruit smoothies in the AM. Yum!

-J
Old Dec 25, 2006, 10:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Marriott-Hotels in Charlotte, NC

Hello,

I booked a reservation at the M11 rate (for the last weekend in February 2007) at the Charlotte Marriott City Center on Trade Street.

I need to know your impressions of this hotel. Any common occurrences, good or bad, staff, etc.

I planning to attend the Bobcats basketball game at the arena. Is this arena within walking distance of the hotel?

Marcell

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.