Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Charlotte, NC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Charlotte, NC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Who do you think they are? Hilton?

Marriott has been working on much more important website enhancements, like floating boxes, taking away floating boxes, hiding upcoming reservations and taking away the link to request missing stays. Silly features like being able to access a previous stay folio just aren't as important. As much as guests might want to access a previous folio, Marriott IT obvious feels floating boxes are more important.

Back to the original topic - Ren Suites is awesome!
Lol! I was loyal to Hilton for 4 yrs but decided to start going with Marriott this yr...not having online folio's is quite dumb. Oh well...

Ok renaissance it is!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Originally Posted by alrvd83
Lol! I was loyal to Hilton for 4 yrs but decided to start going with Marriott this yr...not having online folio's is quite dumb. Oh well...

Ok renaissance it is!
would agree with Ren over Marriott at Executive Park...would look at both the Ren and Marriott at South Park though. Either would be a better choice as far as location and better fun opportunities then the other 2 choices.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
I have stayed in every hotel in the CLT area and believe the Ren South Park to be the best, especially with regards to it's work-out facility. You may want to try this location next visit.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 7:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
I have stayed in every hotel in the CLT area and believe the Ren South Park to be the best, especially with regards to it's work-out facility. You may want to try this location next visit.
Will do!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 7:17 pm

Once again, I am new to Marriott rewards, but do all Courtyards NOT offer free breakfast to Gold members? ( I quickly became Gold via the VISA and the taste for gold)

I called this hotel above and they told me no.....
Old Jul 1, 2012, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
CY's are not required to provide free breakfast to any elites, however that being said, asian CYs seem to go above and beyond what they are required to provide............

Guaranteed Lounge Access/Free Breakfast
Help yourself to light snacks, beverages and complimentary continental breakfast in our Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge at participating JW Marriott Hotels, the Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels and Marriott Hotels & Resorts.
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/mem...nefits/gold.mi

Once again, I am new to Marriott rewards, but do all Courtyards NOT offer free breakfast to Gold members? ( I quickly became Gold via the VISA and the taste for gold)

I called this hotel above and they told me no.....
Old Jul 1, 2012, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Right, hence the stepchild comment about CY. No brekkie for Gold (or for Plats).
Old Jul 1, 2012, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
CY's are not required to provide free breakfast to any elites, however that being said, asian CYs seem to go above and beyond what they are required to provide............

Guaranteed Lounge Access/Free Breakfast
Help yourself to light snacks, beverages and complimentary continental breakfast in our Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge at participating JW Marriott Hotels, the Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels and Marriott Hotels & Resorts.
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/mem...nefits/gold.mi
I see. Since Courtyard's seem to cater to business travelers, I find that strange that they don't offer free breakfast. Hell, a comparable hotel such as Hilton Garden Inn's offer it to Diamond members (I was Diamond for 4 yrs), and I've even found some Holiday Inn's and Crowne Plaza's that offer it.

I am sure this topic has been beat to death lol

I'm learning more and more about Marriott Rewards everyday...hmmm
Old Jul 1, 2012, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
well, that's just the way it is, but if you really feel strongly about the lack of free breakfasts at CYs perhaps you should return to your local HGI, HI or CP and enjoy those breakfasts.............

I see. Since Courtyard's seem to cater to business travelers, I find that strange that they don't offer free breakfast. Hell, a comparable hotel such as Hilton Garden Inn's offer it to Diamond members (I was Diamond for 4 yrs), and I've even found some Holiday Inn's and Crowne Plaza's that offer it.

I am sure this topic has been beat to death lol

I'm learning more and more about Marriott Rewards everyday...hmmm
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
well, that's just the way it is, but if you really feel strongly about the lack of free breakfasts at CYs perhaps you should return to your local HGI, HI or CP and enjoy those breakfasts.............
I sense some sarcasm in that comment...........

I will simply stay at Springhill Suites, that is unless you WANT me to stop staying with Marriott?
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platnium,Hyatt Diamond
Have stayed at all the full service hotels several times in Charlotte...Would rate the Renn suites as much better then executive park. and the Marriott south park over the Renn south park. It also depends what you are looking for...While the south park hotels are better they seem to nickel and dime you especially on the weekend ..The Renn suites gives you breakfast coupons on weekends,,free coffee etc.....while both south park hotels do not and their lounges are closed
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:17 pm

I sense some sarcasm in that comment...........

I will simply stay at Springhill Suites, that is unless you WANT me to stop staying with Marriott?
Ha! Yes I bet that was a sarcasm

I used to stay at CY a lot (corporate thing) until I changed my company then I moved to FS and Ren for my stays. Depends on what your daily allowance for expenses is they might be a better deal than CY (hence my redheaded stepchild comment about CY).

People seem to like SHS and FI. CY don't have free breakfast and TPS and RI's don't have 10pts per $ spent.

My personal order of preference (if it fits the budget) generally goes:

JW, Ren, FS, SHS, FI, CY, RI, TPS (this is generally valid for US for me when I travel alone, things change a bit if I travel with family and outside of US).
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by cw082350
Have stayed at all the full service hotels several times in Charlotte...Would rate the Renn suites as much better then executive park. and the Marriott south park over the Renn south park. It also depends what you are looking for...While the south park hotels are better they seem to nickel and dime you especially on the weekend ..The Renn suites gives you breakfast coupons on weekends,,free coffee etc.....while both south park hotels do not and their lounges are closed
Ren SouthPark last time gave brekkie coupon for 2 for Saturday. (as listed on the proper thread). But you are right Ren Suites is less of a "favor this time" thing.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by iztok
Ha! Yes I bet that was a sarcasm

I used to stay at CY a lot (corporate thing) until I changed my company then I moved to FS and Ren for my stays. Depends on what your daily allowance for expenses is they might be a better deal than CY (hence my redheaded stepchild comment about CY).

People seem to like SHS and FI. CY don't have free breakfast and TPS and RI's don't have 10pts per $ spent.

My personal order of preference (if it fits the budget) generally goes:

JW, Ren, FS, SHS, FI, CY, RI, TPS (this is generally valid for US for me when I travel alone, things change a bit if I travel with family and outside of US).
Makes sense...thanks for the response unlike BKKLEE. I went ahead and changed my hotel from the courtyard to the springhill suites

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...es-greensboro/

I am on expenses so I can expense up to $50 a day on food, but in this case a free breakfast at the hotel will be convenient. I have a meeting in the early meeting that's a good drive away.

thanks again
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by cw082350
thanks for feedback...ill try south park next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.