Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Charlotte, NC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Charlotte, NC

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2009, 8:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy TE(LT), DL DM(Retired) 1MM, AA EXP
Top floor and i think its more central to the building, but definitely overlooks Trade. As for the spread typical, but maybe better than average breakfast and evening selections. A unique feature that has always stood out to me is a selection of full-sized candy and granola bars placed out through the day.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 11:54 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Charlotte NC Airport Marriotts

Does anyone have a suggestin as to whether the Courtyard or Springhill Suites at CLT is a better option.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
I never stayed at either in CLT, but REN is nice option if it fits the budget.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 1:45 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I have only stayed at the SHS. It is your typical run of the mill SHS, nothing special but perfectly okay. They do have an airpirt shuttle. My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I believe you will want a car to be able to get to any decent food options. HTH....

--Jon
Old Jun 17, 2009, 2:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I would definately stay at the Ren, but their airport shuttle stops at 11:00 pm and am arriving at 11:45 pm. The next day plan on getting a car.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 2:14 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I've stayed at both, and prefer the Courtyard... but not by much. If it's just for one night, flip a coin. If it's more than that, you might be better off moving farther out (if possible) to either one of the FS or the CY downtown.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 6:53 pm
gsb

I know this doesn't answer your question, but the last time we flew out of CLT we stayed at Marriott Executive Park. We enjoyed everything there, and they did offer a free shuttle to the airport.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat
Not a direct answer but don't rule out downtown hotels, I have been commuting to Charlotte on business for 18 months and it is never more than a 10-15 minute trip from downtown to the airport and only a $25 cab ride, if you feel staying near the airport limits your choices downtown is very convenient too.

Limo services are cheap too, the guy I use is #3 including tip, only $5 more than a cab.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 9:14 pm

It is just for 1 night- arriving very late after a long day flight CDG-DTW-CLT, so am just lookiing for a place to crash as close to the airport as possible with a shuttle. The next day will get a car and go where I need to go in Charlotte for the rest of the weekend.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 8:35 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
SHS is better than the CY imo in this case. YMMV.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 12:58 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
SHS CLT Airport is Renovating the Breakfast Room

Just stayed there last night. No big deal, but the lobby has large curtains corridoring off the renovation. Breakfast is now in the meeting room. There are also a couple of rolloff dumpsters in the parking lot. None of this affected my stay.

I had a rental car, so I cannot comment on the shuttle.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 7:23 am

I am going to try the Marriott City Center next week. I want to check out the lounge plus score some megabonus points. I have been staying at the HI which puts out a nice spread in the lounge (w/ free beer and wine ^).

Epicenter is nice but it gets going well after I am in bed for the night. Ohh to be young again.

I do like the Fox and Hound which is 2 bloks away...$2 for any draft on Tuesday and Thursday including Guiness, Sam Adams and craft beers. When they say any, they mean any. Burgers are not bad either.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can anyone update the current status of the lounge on weekends here? Does it close after Friday breakfast? Are Golds offered breakfast certs here? I know there have been lots of changes everywhere so that's why I wanted to ask in this thread.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 8:48 pm
gsb

It's been a month since we were last there, but at that time, the lounge was closed after breakfast Friday. I'm a platinum with Marriott and I received breakfast coupons for the weekend. I don't know what they do for golds.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 6:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Concierge Lounge/Breakfast for Plat Members

I am thinking about staying at the Charlotte Marriott City Center next weekend. I been here a few times, but I have never been to the Concierge Lounge. What floor is it on, and what time is it usually open?

How often do they issue breakfast coupons? Whenever I have inquired about the coupons, they never seem to issue them. I have been Plat for about 1 1/2 years. Do you get free breakfast in the restaurant or the reduced rate?

Please advise.

Marcell

Last edited by Marcell; Nov 14, 2009 at 9:43 pm Reason: Grammar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.