Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Charlotte, NC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Charlotte, NC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2003, 5:20 am

I just returned from the DT property. It's getting real "old". Nothing special rooms, $10 self-park and little TV's. Very average at best.
Old Feb 2, 2003, 5:51 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I've stayed at the Residence Inn that is in Executive Park, close to the full service. Not impressed but I had a crappy room. There is a new RI in Huntersville if your business is going to take you north of the city. Haven't stayed there, but it is less than 2 months old.
Old Feb 2, 2003, 9:10 pm

The RI Piper Glen is brand new, and has the nicest matresses than almost any of the 100 hotels i've stayed in.

It is on 485 about five miles east of 77 South. It's worth the few miles out of the way for sure!

Bob
Old Feb 2, 2003, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, American Platinum
stayed at the city center location 3 weeks ago and was upgraded to the Vice Presidential Suite as a plat. Very nice! Stayed there last week and had a nice room but there was a convention so the suites were all booked. The exec lounge had a nice selection and very friendly, helpful service. Also thought the gym, while crampt, was nice.
Old Feb 2, 2003, 10:31 pm

I've stayed at both the Exec Park and the City Center and I tend to like the City Center. Another good thing about it is that there's a decent bar/restaurant across the street named the Graduate that serves food late.
Old Feb 3, 2003, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
There's also a Courtyard in Downtown at Tryon and 3rd, and a Residence Inn next to Ericcson Stadium. Both are about one to two years old. The Courtyard has a great location if you're doing business in the Center City - but if your business is close to Trade and Tryon, the Marriott City Center should work for you.
Old Feb 7, 2003, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
One advantage of the City Center Courtyard vs. the City Center Marriott: The Courtyard offers free high speed internet access in the room. The "full service" Marriott will charge you $9.95 a day for it.

Courtyard is newer and rooms are much nicer to me. It's an easy two-block walk to Bank of America buildings.

------------------
Brian/\/\
Old Feb 8, 2003, 5:03 am

You don't want to be at the uptown (downtown to others) during a convention. I had to walk the stairs 3 or 4 times because only three elevators work and the waits were as much as 10 minutes.
Old Feb 8, 2003, 8:38 am

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jabez:
You don't want to be at the uptown (downtown to others) </font>
Off topic, but interesting that you should note the downtown vs. uptown thing. The whole issue started in Charlotte in the '80s when folks in the City felt that "Downtown" had a negative connotation, and thus, the move to calling it "Uptown" was born. Then sometime in the '90s folks wanted to call it "Center City" - and so things like the Uptown Development Corporation, became Center City Partners. So Center City is the official name for the area, however, I still prefer "Downtown." Somewhere in the editor's note in an issue of Charlotte Magazine, the editor notes that his magazine refers to it as Downtown (if you can find the circa 1998 note - it's entertaining). Another magazine (not sure if it's still published) called Downtown also sided with this.

It's just interesting - no one can agree on what to really call this part of town.

Old Mar 7, 2003, 11:23 am

Programs: SPEBSQSA
Charlotte City Center

I know there have been a brief discussion of this hotel here, but I wanted to get some more detailed discussion about this hotel. Specifically regarding upgrades and other gold "priveldges."

I have an upcoming stay later in the month.

------------------
Bob
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> You only live once -- but if you work it right, once is enough.

Joe E. Lewis
</font>
Old Mar 7, 2003, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I stay here fairly often, and while only Silver, I generally pay for an upgrade to the lounge. As a Gold, you'll most likely be given a room on that floor or access to it. Be aware, it is often closed on weekends, but does have a nice array of snacks set out in the evening (I love the candy bars, Snickers, M&M bag's etc left out for munching). Breakfast is pretty good with a nice selection. There is an attendant who will serve you alcoholic beverages in the evening.
It has a smallish indoor pool and gym, and I've heard they just opened a good new restaurant specializing in the local cusine.
The lobby has a Starbucks, and there is a sports bar, Champs. The rooms are so-so, nothing special, and as I've never been given a suite here, I can't comment.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 4:10 am

Programs: USAir AA Hilton
Mauld - you'll have to give a yell next time you're here! I work a block from this hotel and live only 5 blocks away.. I'd love to meet you!!

Bob and I are hoping to hook up on his upcoming trip to the Queen city if anyone else is around..
Old Mar 13, 2003, 11:07 am

Don't let the overpriced lobby "re:store" fool you into thinking that it's the only Starbucks in the building. While they sell Starbucks coffee, there's a full fledged Starbucks in the lobby of the adjoining Independence Center (through the elevator bank, near the security desk).

Old Mar 13, 2003, 1:45 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I stayed there on a drive down to Hilton head on priceline. They took my Marriott rewards number and offered me 1000 bonus points instead of the amenity, which I took -- but never got. $10 for parking. Got upgraded to top floor, nice room, otherwise your typical urban Marriott.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I have parked on the street both times I've stayed there, right behind the hotel. As Gold, I've been upgraded and given breakfast coupons both times I've stayed there. Pretty standard Marriott. From time to time there are panhandlers outside the hotel. Take note of the Starbucks comment. There is some decent dining around the hotel and a Champions inside. Go to Ri Ra's (drinks) pub which is only a few blocks away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.