AOL Promo Code

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2006, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
AOL Promo Code

Hello All

First post here, so be gentle

This may be a silly question, the AOL Promo code, is this intended for AOL employees only, or can AOL Subcribers use it too? Reason for the question, these is no mention of ID being required in the rate rules (see below)

This will be my first trip from Glasgow to LA, any other advice on getting a good rate would be appreciated. Looking to stay at the Renaissance Hollywood.

Thanks

Thrifty Scotsman

Rate Rules
Holding Your Reservation

* We will need a credit card number to reserve your room.

Canceling Your Reservation

* You may cancel your reservation for no charge until 6 PM hotel time on June 19, 2006.

* Please note that we will assess a fee of 215.54 USD if you must cancel after this deadline.

If you have made a prepayment, we will retain all or part of your prepayment. If not, we will charge your credit card.

This fee equals 1 night of your room charge plus tax (for the first night of your reservation).

Modifying Your Reservation

* Please note that a change in the length or dates of your reservation may result in a rate change.

Tax Information

* CURRENCY RATES QUOTED IN USD - US DOLLAR AND EXCLUDE TAXES

* TAX 14.000 PCT PLUS 0.07/ROOM PER NIGHT
Old Jan 13, 2006, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Unfortunately these are not the rate rules but the hotel's cancellation policy and requirement to make a reservation (needing to guarantee it)
Old Jan 13, 2006, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Oh, ok, i assumed as the first thing it said was Rate Rules, that's what they were, so how do i find out what the rate rules are ?

Any idea ?

Thanks

Thrifty Scotsman

Originally Posted by socrates
Unfortunately these are not the rate rules but the hotel's cancellation policy and requirement to make a reservation (needing to guarantee it)

Last edited by Thrifty Scotsman; Jan 13, 2006 at 6:30 pm
Old Jan 13, 2006, 9:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Nobody, Hertz Gold, Avis Select
I'll venture a guess and say it's for Employees of AOL. You can call the hotel directly and ask though.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 9:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
socrates, not to argue but it says rate rules in the above - if the person clicks on 'rate rules' presumably it means that (and then includes the cancellation info as well). And usually if ID is required, it's listed in the 'rate rules'.

ALL of us click on rate rules when looking at a particular rate & we assume that whatever it says there ARE the rate rules, so I think the OP should be given some slack in thinking that's what they were.

If they're not & are simply a cancellation policy, then perhaps Marriott should do a separate sticky here (and on their website) saying what are rate rules & what are cancellation rules & where to go for both...

I think most of us are going to assume, in this particular instance, that the AOL rate does apply to employees (especially given AOL isn't far from Marriott WHQ), but again in fairness to the OP, since no id is required is not listed in the rate rules (and any rate rule i've looked at that requires id ALWAYS says that), it's not unreasonable for him to assume none is required.

Having said that, my question to him/her would be - how does s/he PROVE that s/he is AOL user. I use AOL & we don't get id cards.

Cheers.

PS - to the OP, there's a nice sticky at the top of this forum that lists lots of codes (as you know since you found AOL), some of those are publicly available to all so check those out too for a good rate at the Ren Hollywood.

Cheers.
Old Jan 14, 2006, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
socrates, not to argue but it says rate rules in the above - if the person clicks on 'rate rules' presumably it means that (and then includes the cancellation info as well). And usually if ID is required, it's listed in the 'rate rules'.

ALL of us click on rate rules when looking at a particular rate & we assume that whatever it says there ARE the rate rules, so I think the OP should be given some slack in thinking that's what they were.

Just to add to this (and maybe this is more for Marriott to answer...), lately when I have been searching reservations and check "rate rules", the information area is totally blank. Am I to assume, then, that there are no rate rules, or that there is some sort of system error or omission by the hotel?
Old Jan 14, 2006, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
My guess is the hotel did not load rate rules but you are correct that the hotels cancellation policy is automatically included when selecting the rate rules icon (no offense was intended to the OP, I was just clarifying that those weren't the rate rules)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.