Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Visa Card free night: Category 4 or 6?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Visa Card free night: Category 4 or 6?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2005, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA:Lifetime Platinum; MR:Lifetime Titanium
M. Visa Card-Category 4 or 6?

The teaser for the Marriott Visa cards says: Get a category 1-6 FREE night certificate with the Marriott Rewards Visa® Card!
The details say: Free night certificate is valid for hotels in categories 1-4.
Can I expect (please say yes!) to receive a category 6 freebie? Or does the fine print trump the tease? Has anyone gotten the certificate along w/the new Marriott Visa Card? If so, which category did you receive?
Thanks.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA, AA Gold, Delta, HHonors Diamond, Marriott, Starwood
I got it last year and it was a Cat 4.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 5:16 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, United Club Life Member, UA *S
I got a 1-6 one-night certificate last year. As I recall the offer was targeted with some folks being offered a 1-4 cert and some a 1-6 - but I don't recall the reason for the difference.

Of course, your offer seems to have a conflict within the offer. So you might want to call them first and get a commitment to a 1-6 cert.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 5:31 pm

What is avg. best available rate for category 4 Marriotts? I was already wondering how this offer compared to more recent $100 gift cheque offer +15,000 points? tia
Old Nov 18, 2005, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

No Phone Number listed

Originally Posted by Annandaler
So you might want to call them first and get a commitment to a 1-6 cert.
I, too, thought that calling would resolve the issue but there was no phone number listed. I checked all over but the only number was an 801 # to Marriott telling me which hotels were Cat #4. In order to apply for the card, it HAS TO be done via email.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 9:09 am
In Memoriam

Category 1-4

I received my card within the last two weeks with the free night certificate arriving at almost the same time as the card. It is valid up to and including a category 4 only.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 9:23 am
Suspended

Plats get a Cat 1-6, everyone else Cat 1-4
Old Nov 27, 2005, 9:36 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I got a cat 1-6 certificate and I am a silver member.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Here's a Cat 4 Cert, oops a Cat 6....

I applied for a Marriott VISA card which indicated I would get 15,000 points plus a free one-night stay @ Category 1-6. In the mail, I got a free one-night stay @ Category 1-4 certificate. Three days later, I got a free one night stay @ Category 1-6 certificate.

The accompanying letter on the second letter stated “We sent you a category 1-4 certificate in error…..the category 1-4 certificate sent to your recently is no longer valid…please destroy it at your convenience.” (They bolded the sentences).

Did Marriott err similarly with anyone else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.