FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Marriott Visa Card free night: Category 4 or 6? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/494611-marriott-visa-card-free-night-category-4-6-a.html)

uncle wiggily Nov 18, 2005 4:08 pm

M. Visa Card-Category 4 or 6?

The teaser for the Marriott Visa cards says: Get a category 1-6 FREE night certificate with the Marriott Rewards Visa® Card!
The details say: Free night certificate is valid for hotels in categories 1-4.
Can I expect (please say yes!) to receive a category 6 freebie? Or does the fine print trump the tease? Has anyone gotten the certificate along w/the new Marriott Visa Card? If so, which category did you receive?
Thanks.

sadeghi Nov 18, 2005 5:11 pm

I got it last year and it was a Cat 4.

Annandaler Nov 18, 2005 5:16 pm

I got a 1-6 one-night certificate last year. As I recall the offer was targeted with some folks being offered a 1-4 cert and some a 1-6 - but I don't recall the reason for the difference.

Of course, your offer seems to have a conflict within the offer. So you might want to call them first and get a commitment to a 1-6 cert.

scooper Nov 18, 2005 5:31 pm

What is avg. best available rate for category 4 Marriotts? I was already wondering how this offer compared to more recent $100 gift cheque offer +15,000 points? tia

uncle wiggily Nov 18, 2005 5:40 pm

No Phone Number listed

Originally Posted by Annandaler
So you might want to call them first and get a commitment to a 1-6 cert.

I, too, thought that calling would resolve the issue but there was no phone number listed. I checked all over but the only number was an 801 # to Marriott telling me which hotels were Cat #4. In order to apply for the card, it HAS TO be done via email.

TravelWeary Nov 27, 2005 9:09 am

Category 1-4

I received my card within the last two weeks with the free night certificate arriving at almost the same time as the card. It is valid up to and including a category 4 only.

craz Nov 27, 2005 9:23 am

Plats get a Cat 1-6, everyone else Cat 1-4

holocker Nov 27, 2005 9:36 am

I got a cat 1-6 certificate and I am a silver member.

uncle wiggily Dec 2, 2005 1:43 pm

Here's a Cat 4 Cert, oops a Cat 6....

I applied for a Marriott VISA card which indicated I would get 15,000 points plus a free one-night stay @ Category 1-6. In the mail, I got a free one-night stay @ Category 1-4 certificate. Three days later, I got a free one night stay @ Category 1-6 certificate.

The accompanying letter on the second letter stated “We sent you a category 1-4 certificate in error…..the category 1-4 certificate sent to your recently is no longer valid…please destroy it at your convenience.” (They bolded the sentences).

Did Marriott err similarly with anyone else?