FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Marriott-family hotels in Paris, France, pre-2014 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/490468-marriott-family-hotels-paris-france-pre-2014-a.html)

USirritated Feb 27, 2013 10:51 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl (Post 20326857)
Let me encourage you not to split time between the two hotels. You're going to Paris. Do you really want to waste time and energy packing up and moving hotels in the middle of the trip? You'll have better things to do. Packing, checking out, moving your stuff to the new hotel, unpacking... What a waste of time! That time could be spent having a leisurely lunch on Rue Cler, seeing an additional wing at the Louvre or just sitting on a bench watching the parade of international folk.

Both hotels are fantastic, but the trip isn't about being in the hotel.

One more thing... since you've not been there before, let me recommend you start your first day with a Segway tour of the city. It's a quick, easy, fun way to get an overview of Paris. You will go back and visit places in more detail later in the trip, but it really helps you get a feel for the city.

HUGE +1

On my several visits to Paris, the last thing that I ever wanted to do was switch hotels, but unfortunately I was forced to do just that on one trip (don't ask, it was complicated). I wasted at least half a day, and it peeves me, even to this day. Time in the great cities of the world are precious, and my advice is, just like CJKatl's advice, is keep your time wasting activity/energies to a minimum. Changing hotels is certainly a time wasting activity/energy.

kbh1234 Feb 27, 2013 12:03 pm

Thanks for the tip - I'll make my husband pick the hotel since I can't decide

CJKatl Feb 27, 2013 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by kbh1234 (Post 20327549)
Thanks for the tip - I'll make my husband pick the hotel since I can't decide

Exactly why my nieces were given the choice.

WillTravel4Food Feb 27, 2013 3:36 pm

In addition, if you're using points you might lose out on the benefit of getting the fifth night free. Not sure if that applies to these hotels anymore.

CJKatl Feb 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food (Post 20328993)
In addition, if you're using points you might lose out on the benefit of getting the fifth night free. Not sure if that applies to these hotels anymore.

I am doing two rooms, each six points nights, next month at the AdT Ren and the fifth night is free.

USirritated Feb 27, 2013 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food (Post 20328993)

Originally Posted by CJKatl (Post 20329223)
I am doing two rooms, each six points nights, next month at the AdT Ren and the fifth night is free.

I think that WillTravel4Food was referring to losing the fifth night free if a trip to Paris is split between two hotels. AFAIK, it is necessary to spend 5 consecutive days, or more, in one hotel in order to qualify for the fifth night free on points.

SkiAdcock Feb 28, 2013 6:50 am

Originally Posted by USirritated (Post 20329576)
I think that WillTravel4Food was referring to losing the fifth night free if a trip to Paris is split between two hotels. AFAIK, it is necessary to spend 5 consecutive days, or more, in one hotel in order to qualify for the fifth night free on points.

That's my understanding as well.

Cheers.

fivevsone Feb 28, 2013 6:56 am

I am heading back to the Marriott Rive Gauche for a meeting soon. I thought it was a nice hotel, and I appreciated the walk thru the Palais du Luxembourg up to the center of the city. There was a small shop nearby where I bought some bread and cheese for snacks. Pretty nice all in all.

CJKatl Feb 28, 2013 7:27 am

Originally Posted by USirritated (Post 20329576)

Sorry. My mistake. I do have fond memories of the Euro-Hopper.

ljjohn Mar 8, 2013 1:55 pm

Marriott - Family Hotels in Paris

I'm Marriott Platinum Elite and considering staying at Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel mid July for 4 nights using points. It will be me and two of my children (16 and 18).

I have read some favorable reviews on this property in TripAdvisor. I am wondering if anyone has stayed in this hotel and can provide some feedback regarding location, service, cleanliness, room upgrade, executive lounge.

In addition, can you recommend any other Marriott properties in Paris over the same period using the same criteria as noted above (location, service, cleanliness, upgrade, executive lounge)

Thank you.

UpgradeMe Mar 8, 2013 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by ljjohn (Post 20385635)
I am wondering if anyone has stayed in this hotel

Why wonder when you can do a search?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...els-paris.html

SeAAttle Mar 27, 2013 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by glnsf (Post 20234188)
Here is the address I got from the PP line last week-

[email protected]

Response was timely from an "At Your Service Associate." I used it to request a room location and to inquire about breakfast. Apparently the free breakfast no longer includes hot items. I noticed another poster recently referred to this in the "Marriotts in Paris" thread.

We will spend 5 nights at Paris Marriott Champs Elysees late next month using points and purchased upgrade. Can you recommend the best room locations? Any other information that I might add to an email request would be greatly appreciated.

thefig May 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Hello all, I will be traveling thru Paris in early June and will be staying at the Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel. Does anybody have an email for the GM or manager? If you have one please PM me with the information.
Thanks in advanced

apodo77 May 26, 2013 7:21 pm

I have a room for 3 nights at the Champs Elyse and the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe.

The Ren has a $60 euro per night surcharge for a "larger" room.

Any reason to choose the Ren over the Marriott?

Did not book the Champs Elyse until today because there were no rooms available on our dates previously.

dav373 Jun 14, 2013 6:55 am

I just finished a 5 night stay at the Marriott Champs-Elysees and I came away with a so-so opinion, poor opinion if I factor in the prices they charge (900 euro rack rate). For reference I am a Marriott Gold and got free breakfast and such. We weren't able to check-in until 3:30 and were given a couple of drink vouchers for the wait - was a nice start.

Things went pretty downhill from there. Once we checked in we were happy with our room, fairly large and facing the inside so it's quiet. Then, we turned on the TV and it said something like Welcome Al Sheek Farooq or something (not me!). We then noticed a rather thick black hair on the comforter, several hairs on the floor in the bathroom, and a long black hair across the basket of "clean" washcloths in the bathroom. They had so-so L'Occitane products but no conditioner or mouthwash in the room (Fairfields have conditioner!). Another oddity with the staff was that they came into our room at 10:15 pm that night for turn down service. We didn't hear them so it scared the girlfriend when they opened the door so late.

We were still excited for the breakfast but even that was a disappointment. Burnt tasting coffee, waiters running around with their heads cutoff, no hot items on the buffet (8 euros for 2 eggs!), and croissants which taste like they're from Costco. We were actually really sad that we ate breakfast there so many times, what a waste in Paris. The check-out process was even painfully slow and we were pretty ok getting out of there. The hotel just turns into a mess when it is fully booked and frankly it feels like any normal/mediocre full service Marriott but just happens to be on the Champs.

edit: Stay was on points, I was just posting the rack rate I saw at check-in and on the door in the room.