Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Paris, France, pre-2014

Old Apr 8, 2000, 1:25 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Marriott Paris Hotels

Any comments on the Courtyard Paris, Renaissance Paris and the Marriott Champs Elysees will be greatly appreciated.

I will be in Paris April 23-25th and although I have reserved the Marriott Champs Elysees, the rates at the other two hotels look very attractive.

Thanks a bunch!
Old Apr 8, 2000, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
My wife and I stayed 5 nights at the Renaissance La Defense in November 1999. It was a pefectly good hotel, just a brief train ride from the center of town. I can't imagine that the Marriott on Champs Elysee is worth the enormous price differential.

Bruce
Old Apr 8, 2000, 3:28 pm

Location: Dallas, TX. AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, Avis Preferred Select
I would be interested in hearding about the Courtyard since I have booked a 3-night reward stay there in May.
Old Apr 9, 2000, 5:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Renaissance La Dfense, weekend-rate apr-7 to 9-2000: 750 FFr/night (without breakfast, booked on-line (the rack-rate published in the room is Ffr 1'950 - I hope nobody will ever have to pay so much).

La Dfense is one (RER = express-mtro) station from l'Arc de Triomphe (tombe of the unknown soldier). Last train back at about half an hour past midnight, afterwards a taxi costs about Ffr 120 from l'Etoile.

The Renaissance hotel is (inside) very nice, modern, efficient, with all comfort and services you expect from a ****hotel (but no Paris athmosphere) and just meters behind la Grande Arche at la Defense (sortie autoroute La Dfense 7). Free coffee until 9AM weekdays, 10AM weekends.

Old Apr 9, 2000, 8:43 pm
dg1

This question seems to get asked every other month -- there really should be an easy to find database. In any case I'll answer again.

I spent four nights, paid, at the Courtyard Paris. It is actually not in Paris and about a 10 minute leisurely walk to the nearest train station, 15 minute to Porte Maillot, which is a dropoff point for the Air France Shuttle Bus.

It is a very compact hotel, but that is probably typical European. It seems very new and the staff spoke English and was nice. We were surprised that the queen size beds were really two doubles pushed together, and not too well, so I often sank through Otherwise, good value for decent location-- except I believe the maid was expecting a tip every day, since every day she left one less towel we were there until she left none (I just called down and got them to send some up).

If I went to Paris again on my own dime I'd probably stay there. Otherwise, I've heard good things about the Renaissance which is also a good, albeit a bit more expensive value, and the Marriott which is very expensive but real good location.
Old Apr 9, 2000, 9:49 pm
Original Member

I vote for the Renaissance La Defense. They had great weekend rates, less than 100 yards from a metro stop(Grande Arch-La Defense). Nice rooms. (I stayed there just before the World Cup Soccer games started -- the most fun aspect of the hotel was the Romanian soccer team staying there.) As an aside, it took nearly 12 months for my Marriott points to post, but they did post.
Old Apr 30, 2000, 9:48 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Second Courtyard to open in Paris!

MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL TO MANAGE SECOND COURTYARD HOTEL IN PARIS

Tel: (301) 380-7796
Fax: (301) 380-4684
E-mail: [email protected]

WASHINGTON, D.C. April 2000 Marriott International, Inc. NYSE:MAR) will manage a 300-room Courtyard by Marriott Hotel being built in conjunction with Bouygues Immobilier at Roissy Park, Charles de Gaulle International Airport, outside of Paris, France. The hotel is expected to open in 2002 and will be the first Marriott International lodging product at Charles de Gaulle International Airport.

The Courtyard by Marriott Roissy Park will be located in the center of Roissy Park, a successful business park just outside the perimeter fence of the airport. The drive time from the airport terminals is about five minutes and a regular shuttle bus service runs between the terminals and hotels at Roissy.

We are delighted to see our lodging portfolio in the greater Paris metropolitan area expand, said Ed Fuller, president and managing director of Marriott Internationals international lodging operations. We expect strong, balanced customer demand at the Courtyard by Marriott Roissy Park and that all travelers will find this hotel to be a welcomed addition to their lodging options at Charles de Gaulle International Airport.

For dining and entertainment, the Courtyard by Marriott Roissy Park will have a lobby lounge and brasserie styled restaurant. Other amenities will include a business center, a fitness center, 24-hour room service, in-room mini-bar, a gift shop and 266 spaces for parking.

For conferences and social events, the Courtyard by Marriott Roissy Park will offer 12,833 square feet of meeting space. This includes a 6,133 square-foot ballroom, that is divisible into five sections; and 6,700 square feet of additional space offering five interconnected meeting rooms, two stand-along meeting rooms and two 420 square-foot boardrooms.Elsewhere in Paris, Marriott International is represented by the 242-room Courtyard at Neuilly sur Seine, the 334-room Renaissance Hotel at La Defense and the 176-room Paris Marriott Champs Ellysees.

Elsewhere in continental Europe this year, a 154-room Courtyard hotel will open in May in Hannover, Germany.

Courtyard by Marriott hotels are aimed at business and leisure travelers who need consistent, high quality accommodations and services at moderate, affordable prices. The Courtyard brand was first introduced by Marriott in 1983 in the United States and, over the years, has been the leading choice in its category.

Services and amenities offered by Courtyard hotels outside the United States and Canada vary slightly from country to country, but are appropriate to the needs of the guest in the host country. All hotels feature superior quality guest rooms that are usually larger than rooms offered by other hotels in its segment. In-room business amenities include dataport, a large work desk and good lighting. There currently are 478 Courtyard hotels in the world, all but 37 of which are located outside the U.S. and Canada.
Old Sep 9, 2000, 4:47 am
Original Member

Has anyone stayed at this location recently?
How is it? Is it near any Metro or RER line?
I was wondering how convenient it is (i.e. public transportation, how far, etc) to the major Paris sights such as Arch d'Triumph.
The little info on the Marriott pages seems
directed to having a car.
Thanks!
Old Sep 9, 2000, 6:34 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Stayed for four nights in July.

Transport - Had a car which was helpful. However, we (family of 4) also used the Metro. The nearest stop was about 4 blocks from the hotel. I don't have my map in front of me but I would say it was North of the hotel (what I considered to be the "back" of the property). It was just a few short stops to almost anywhere. If you are a good walker (10 long blocks?) then the Arc is walking distance.

Accomodations - We had what they call a suite. It was only slightly more expensive than a regular room. It was very large (especially based on my other experiences in Europe) with a separate bedroom, refrigerator, microwave, etc. We were very happy at this property.

Staff - They were nice but they knew very little about anything outside of the hotel. The neighborhood is residential, but there are lots of banks, markets, restaurants, etc. if you walk toward the Metro stop I mentioned previously.
Old Sep 9, 2000, 10:15 pm
dg1

This exact question has been asked before. You can do a search in this forum -- I replied before too. I stayed there two years ago. It's not too far (but not too close) from the Metro -- ten minutes. It's a newer hotel. It's pretty generic -- if you are used to US courtyard's its the same with just a smaller (30-40% smaller) room. I apparently didn't get a suite

I walked to the Arch the first night I was there. It's a long walk but definitely doable.. just tough to walk up to the top of the Arch after all that !

If I wanted to stay in Paris on my own dime I'd stay there again. Next time I go I'm going to blow the points for the Marriott.. that's quite a location. But I ain't paying the $200+/night or so for the hotel.
Old Sep 10, 2000, 1:10 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
dg1 - I didn't check the actual rate, but I think you would need to pay about $500+/night to stay at the Marriott in the city.
Old Sep 10, 2000, 11:00 pm
Original Member

dg1... I did a search 1st and didn't get a hit. I tried Neuilly and probably only searched the Marriott forum.
Old Sep 10, 2000, 11:16 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/000222.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/000102.html
Old Sep 11, 2000, 2:45 pm
Original Member

Thanks Doc! Actually, I did full search last
nite and found several good posts in General TravelTalk et al
Old Sep 11, 2000, 2:54 pm
dg1

I could have sworn there was a post exactly about this Courtyard -- but who knows -- as doc can show, I've replied many times about the Courtyard in Paris. My summary always is nice hotel, good value for the money. As per the Marriott, you're right. $500+ a night. I just lumped it in my head with all the other hotels 'too rich for my blood'... and 'good value for points'

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.