FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Marriott-family hotels in Paris, France, pre-2014 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/490468-marriott-family-hotels-paris-france-pre-2014-a.html)

allset2travel Jan 9, 2013 6:54 pm

Here is a long thread for your reading enjoyment,

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...els-paris.html

Cheers.

USirritated Jan 9, 2013 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Head (Post 20014070)
On my way back from WAW next month, I plan to stop over in Paris for 2 days. Any hotel recommendations? I am not necessarily looking for the best hotel, but rather a combination of a good hotel and good tourist location.

Thanks in advance.

Would that be a shopping tourist?
Or would that be a museum tourist?
Or an Eiffel Tower, monument, and architecture tourist?
Or maybe you mean a gastronomic tourist?
Oh, and I almost forgot....were you referring to a Paris Disney tourist?
In other words, different strokes for different folks, and since we can't crawl into your mind, a bit more info is required if you want a meaningful answer.

By and large, all of the FS (Marriott, JW, Renaissance, and Ritz Carlton) hotels in Paris proper (meaning not in the Paris suburbs) are generally somewhere on the scale from very good to great, and choosing a hotel is personally subjective, such as right bank or left bank, or walking to the museums or architecture, or more kid friendly, etc.

Head Jan 9, 2013 7:47 pm

Ha... Consider me a "Pub Tourist"....

Honestly, looking for Eiffle Tower, and similar destinations. No kids, no wife... just deciding to actually take advantage of my travels and stop over for once!

boss315 Jan 10, 2013 8:09 pm

Hands down:

Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel

Great neighborhood--close to Tower; great Bistros: try Le Poincare

We stay there 3-4 weeks a year!

WillTravel4Food Jan 11, 2013 5:55 pm

Marriott-family hotels in Paris

So I'll add that we found the Rive Gauche to be a perfect hotel for our needs. We had a high floor suite with incredible views. The only exception being the Montparnasse Tower is located between the hotel and USIrritated's erector set. So you get this incredible view that lacks only one well known landmark.

I've been lauding the merits of this hotel on FT ever since our stay. The staff was incredible. Great neighborhood feel. I can't say enough about this place.

And our first stop on our first day was the Tour Eifel and proud of it! :-)

Orange County Commuter Jan 12, 2013 7:06 am

Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food (Post 20028631)
So I'll add that we found the Rive Gauche to be a perfect hotel for our needs. We had a high floor suite with incredible views. The only exception being the Montparnasse Tower is located between the hotel and USIrritated's erector set. So you get this incredible view that lacks only one well known landmark.

I've been lauding the merits of this hotel on FT ever since our stay. The staff was incredible. Great neighborhood feel. I can't say enough about this place.

And our first stop on our first day was the Tour Eifel and proud of it! :-)

I really like this hotel. It's a reasonable point cost if you staying on points and it's actually fairly easy to get around from there. I have stayed there five or six times Gotten upgraded to a suite more then half the time (place was PACKED last stay so I missed the upgrade but...)

SkiAdcock Jan 12, 2013 7:30 am

Well the good news is that there some good options in Paris based on some of the property trip reports!

Cheers.

bdschobel Jan 12, 2013 7:36 am

I removed 17 posts because they had side-tracked the thread into a discussion of the Eiffel Tower and individual's posting styles. It just got to be too much.

Bruce

FinnishFlash Jan 31, 2013 11:49 am

Is Rive Gauche the only Parisian with a lounge? I'm planning on staying solo 4 days after my business trip to see some football games (Stade de France and Parc Des Princes) and the usual suspects: Louvre, Eiffel and just walking around and not being a big fan of eating out alone so lounge would be nice but others seem to be in better location and no food in the lounge during the weekend part of the stay anyway. Hmmm.

I'm actually open to staying two-and-two at two hotels to earn the Spring Promotion certificate.

First time in Paris, too, which makes it even harder to know which one to book to not make it too difficult to get to aforementioned places. Both stadiums are outside of the city centre but I guess they can be reached by metro from most anywhere.

To make if even harder – does anyone know about gyms at these hotels? All of them seem to have one but opening hours / quality?

NJUPINTHEAIR Jan 31, 2013 7:42 pm

Just read online that Renaissance Trocadero is undergoing rooms renovation.

FinnishFlash Feb 9, 2013 4:05 am

I recently stayed at Marriott Champs Elysee and Plat breakfast was continental only and nothing spectacular. The stay was ok otherwise but after reading how the breakfast is amazing and you can order from the menu as well, that was a big disappointment.

twebst Feb 10, 2013 6:08 am

CL at CDG

I just returned from the CDG Marriott and report that the lounge is now closed. I was told that this hapened several months ago, I guess when thye redecorated the lobby. I was given a coupon for 1 beer or wine at the bar and breakfast.

twoner32 Feb 12, 2013 1:13 pm

Marriott Paris Champs Elysees Email

Anyone have an email or contact there? Staying there soon. Thanks

glnsf Feb 12, 2013 2:34 pm

Here is the address I got from the PP line last week-

[email protected]

Response was timely from an "At Your Service Associate." I used it to request a room location and to inquire about breakfast. Apparently the free breakfast no longer includes hot items. I noticed another poster recently referred to this in the "Marriotts in Paris" thread.

BKKLEE Feb 12, 2013 5:06 pm

try calling or e-mailing MRs and ask them for a publically available contact.........

Originally Posted by twoner32 (Post 20233679)
Anyone have an email or contact there? Staying there soon. Thanks