Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is there a Marriott representative on FT?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2018, 11:20 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco
Original Poster

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB

I would really like to contact someone about my stay so far. I’m having a horrible experience and I would like someone to know about it – I don’t need any service recovery, I just need to let someone know how horrible my one night stay has been.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by squeakr
There hasn't been a responsive Marriott Concierge on FT in years. They just parachute in now with news of "enhancements." Perhaps the Starwood Lurker could help.

If you're determined to find a company representative, go to the Marriott Insiders website and they might respond there.
CJKatl likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Or post on TA. Marriott responds to TA posts.

Prior to Marriott creating the Insiders site, where they have absolute control, there were Marriott reps on FA. Without notice Marriott got rid of a popular Plat perk where a member could print a cert and get a free weekend night with a paid weekend night. There was no limit on how many could be used but I think they were only for full service brands. The Marriott rep explained there had been some fraud, which I believe was employee fraud, involving the use of the certs so they were being temporarily removed while Marriott figured out how to make them available in a way to avoid the fraud. For a year the rep kept telling us the certs were coming back until finally Marriott decided the certs were gone for good. The rep posted about the certs being taken away, how the company had lied to her for a year and apologized to us for her role in this. That was pretty much the last regular, non-helicopter post we ever got from a company rep.
joshua362 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Didn't a new Marriott Lurker handle get signed up on FT recently? Maybe they are returning?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Didn't a new Marriott Lurker handle get signed up on FT recently? Maybe they are returning?
That was one of the few "helicopter" visits mentioned above. Their appearance if rare at best and almost never interactive. I, and I'm sure many other FT'ers, are hoping they don't force the same of the SPG Lurkers.

To the OP, Marriott Insiders may be the best, otherwise, Twitter, TA, FB(?), or even a direct call.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:14 am

Are you at a Marriott property right now? On my last stay, the chat feature on the mobile app was being answered by a manager.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
They're probably terrified that an FT rep might accidentally refer to Tibet/HK as a separate country, etc., and then suffer an outright ban in China for a year or something.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I'd suggest Twitter. I haven't had any 'complaints' that I've had to route through Marriott's Twitter but have had some reasonably fast other interactions with them. Good luck.
Twitter is the only social media I use, and its only because its so effective to reach out to the companies I do business with.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Fingers crossed that one of the enhancements to the program is moving William over...

Mike
controller1 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all

Thanks all- I’m going to go with Chris Elliott suggestion to contact someone high up in Customer Care. I’ll say more when I’ve had a conversation.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
HAHAHAHA to your question.

Good luck with Cust Care.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Thanks all- I’m going to go with Chris Elliott suggestion to contact someone high up in Customer Care. I’ll say more when I’ve had a conversation.
Please let us know if you succeed in talking to a human being this week.
controller1 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
I would really like to contact someone about my stay so far. I’m having a horrible experience and I would like someone to know about it – I don’t need any service recovery, I just need to let someone know how horrible my one night stay has been.
Isn't the GM of the location copied to Corporate the best place to start ?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

The story so far

As there may be legal issues involved in the future, I do not want to state which property this was. I do know that it was a franchisee and not corporately owned. Prior to posting here, I had been in contact with the GM who was fairly unsympathetic and not helpful regarding the tangible issues I was requesting help on.
To be clear, this was not a typical service recovery incident – it was more serious than even being walked to a different property or being overcharged. So my recommendations below only address someone who is experiencing extreme situation for which they need corporate to get involved. I had great success emailing both Shannon Patterson, SVP of Customer Care, and the CEO himself Arne Sorensen. Email complaint sent to either of these individuals are handled by an executive assistant of long-standing who is able to address my concerns quickly and responded to me in a very timely and very understanding matter.Their protocol is to refer any communication to these two executives to the GM of the property in question, and as a result of this the GM did get back to me with a much more reasonable response.

again I wasn’t looking for any kind of refund or service recovery – the situation was so egregious that I felt it necessary to involve corporate at the highest level to address the potential legal concerns. I will say it had to do entirely with safety at the hotel and in the room itself.Thanks to all who responded – I don’t stay at Marriott a whole lot, but my few excursions prior to this one of been very positive. I am now extremely impressed with the corporate response to a serious issue and feel reassured that any future concerns will be addressed appropriately. I hope this isn’t an invitation for folks to contact the CEOs office if they’re missing 1000 points or something, but I realize I have no control over that situation. I hope people accept it for what it is - an avenue of assistance when there’s a really serious problem going on.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Can you provide any context as to the nature of the issue? I'm not sure what the point of the thread is without that.
nequine likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.