Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is there a Marriott representative on FT?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a Marriott representative on FT?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:04 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco
Original Poster

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
What context would be helpful without revealing the hotel or the issue?

Originally Posted by CLEguy
Can you provide any context as to the nature of the issue? I'm not sure what the point of the thread is without that.
I initially posted looking for a representative to FT from Marriott, and found out there wasn’t one. I provided some follow up to let people know what happened given that there was no FT representative. What else do you need to know that would be helpful? As I said it was a serious issue involving safety on two different levels - both room safety and hotel safety.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by squeakr

I initially posted looking for a representative to FT from Marriott, and found out there wasn’t one. I provided some follow up to let people know what happened given that there was no FT representative. What else do you need to know that would be helpful? As I said it was a serious issue involving safety on two different levels - both room safety and hotel safety.
I agree that your question has been answered. However, you went on to say it was a "horrible experience" instead of leaving it at your question of "is there a Marriott rep on FT". As a Moderator, you of all people should know you were opening a Pandora's box with the additional information without providing the additional information!
puchong, HMPS, nequine and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:49 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by controller1
I agree that your question has been answered. However, you went on to say it was a "horrible experience" instead of leaving it at your question of "is there a Marriott rep on FT". As a Moderator, you of all people should know you were opening a Pandora's box with the additional information without providing the additional information!
q
Looks like OP just needs "ideas" for mounting a protracted exchage with Marriott for whatever reaasons. IF he documents the shortcomings from a franchisee, Marriott will take swift action according to their agreement.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:57 am
Original Poster

I Understand that people would like to know the exact issue

Originally Posted by controller1
Understand that people would like to know the exact issue
And most of the time I agree. But in this case it involves potential he some legal issues, which as we also know, I’m not appropriate to be shared on a public forum. As I’ve indicated, it was a major safety issue in both my individual room and the hotel at large which I believe has now been appropriately addressed by the executive office. Thanks for all your help.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
And most of the time I agree. But in this case it involves potential he some legal issues, which as we also know, I’m not appropriate to be shared on a public forum. As I’ve indicated, it was a major safety issue in both my individual room and the hotel at large which I believe has now been appropriately addressed by the executive office. Thanks for all your help.
Then...why bring it up at all?
nequine, DJ_Iceman, Newman and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

I brought it up because I wanted to start with an FT representative if there was one

Finding out there wasn’t one encouraged me to look for other avenues. But I felt a responsibility to post back here since I’ve asked the question. If it would be better for me to just delete the entire post I’m happy to do that – I don’t want to inconvenience her bother anyone.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Then...why bring it up at all?
I couldn't agree more. If all you are going to say is that your "horrible experience" was a hotel safety issue then you need to provide a brief description.
If not, then don't bring it up. Period.

Was the security issue someone walking into your hotel room with a gun? Was there rat poison in the food that Room Service sent up? Or was there too much chlorine in the swimming pool?

And then to go onto say you can't provide details because there is a legal issue is simply absurd.

Hard to believe this guy is a Moderator

my 2 cents.

NEWMAN
joshua362 and LadyPhoenix like this.

Last edited by hhoope01; Jul 9, 2018 at 1:00 pm Reason: Fixed Signature to fit FT guidelines.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Yes, one does need to be cautious about what they post since it is possible to be sued regardless of the statement being true or not. FT is about sharing experiences and soliciting possible solutions. A statement of "a major safety issue" is too much of a teaser to not expand upon. Again, this is FT so imaginations will run wild as to what this could be.
LadyPhoenix likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.