Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
This thread (post #5 from Marriott Rewards Insider) has the official announcement of changes effective later in 2018.

An earlier, speculative discussion appears in the following closed thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...tus-tiers.html
Print Wikipost

Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 1:50 pm

does anyone know how the hotel and air 7night certs are going to map?
Old May 29, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: AC E, HH Gold
I'm curently Marriott Gold from AMEX, and my Plat challenge ends begining of July, if I do not complete the challenge my gold will be converted to Plat in Aug, and if challenge is completed I will be going from Plat to Plat primer correct?
Old May 29, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Not sure why anyone would think this is complicated. Suppose before the new program starts someone has the following counters:
  • MR: YTD: 51 LT: 333
  • SPG: YTD: 12 LT: 100
After the new program starts, the member's first stay is at the Omaha Sheraton. After the stay, the counters will update to:
  • MR: YTD: 51 LT: 333
  • SPG: YTD: 13 LT: 101
  • NEW: YTD: 64 LT: 434
It's not complicated....
One reason I question whether it will happen like this is that Marriott has said if you aren't LTPP under the legacy requirements by Aug 1, they won't recalculate it until Jan 1. (of course I can't find a link to it now, but I'm pretty sure that's how they stated it). If they were still operating the legacy system, couldn't/wouldn't they continue to offer LTPP to each member as the 750/2MM thresholds are reached, instead of waiting for an end-of-year sweep?
Old May 29, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by ehallison
One reason I question whether it will happen like this is that Marriott has said if you aren't LTPP under the legacy requirements by Aug 1, they won't recalculate it until Jan 1. (of course I can't find a link to it now, but I'm pretty sure that's how they stated it). If they were still operating the legacy system, couldn't/wouldn't they continue to offer LTPP to each member as the 750/2MM thresholds are reached, instead of waiting for an end-of-year sweep?
My understanding is slightly different. I read things to mean that you will not be notified until after Jan 1, not that it won't be calculated. My understanding is you will see the totals but not get the notification or the new title showing in your profile until after the new year. Now that I am looking for a cite it definitely shows that the legacy program night totals will continue to be tallied separately and together, but it does not specifically state what will show on the site or sites. Somewhere I have definitely gotten the impression that it will be possible to view all three, but I cannot find that specifically stated.

My totally uneducated guess was that the sites were programmed for the original rules where only MR LTP were going to be grandfathered to LTPP. When eligibility was (rightly) expanded it was too late to go back and tinker with the programming to allow automatic updates of the new criteria so they left it as is and are going to do a sweep in Jan. But that is just my guess.

What is stated:

In August, when members combine Rewards and SPG accounts, their lifetime nights across both programs count toward Lifetime Elite status in the new combined program. To be included in at previous thresholds for Rewards or SPG, members will have until December 31, 2018, to complete stays in order to achieve the Lifetime Elite status. <added by Starwood Lurker 18May18>
Makes it clear there will be three counts being tallied simultaneously: MR/RC, SPG and New.

In August, members will be able to view their number of Elite level years to help track their eligibility towards Lifetime Statuses by visiting their My Account page on SPG.com, MarriottRewards.com or TheRitzCarltonRewards.com. <added by Starwood Lurker 25Apr18>
This indicates the old sites will remain open and the new numbers will be there but only suggests the old numbers might show.
Old May 29, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by getliquid
I'm curently Marriott Gold from AMEX, and my Plat challenge ends begining of July, if I do not complete the challenge my gold will be converted to Plat in Aug, and if challenge is completed I will be going from Plat to Plat primer correct?
No. SPG golds who matched to MR gold stay at gold in the new program.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
No. SPG golds who matched to MR gold stay at gold in the new program.
But if i complete the plat challenge before end of June, I will be converted to Platinum Premier Elite in Aug?
Old May 29, 2018, 8:09 pm

But if i complete the plat challenge before end of June, I will be converted to Platinum Premier Elite in Aug?
Platinum challenge with SPG or MR?
Old May 29, 2018, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Platinum challenge with SPG or MR?
MR
Old May 30, 2018, 5:35 am

MR
Will convert to PP.
Old May 30, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Anybody have any insights if the Elite Nights earning rate for Marriott Executive Apartments of one Elite night credit for every three nights stayed will remain in the new program?
Old May 31, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Got this in the mail today. Apologies if this (convoluted) thread has answered this definitively for sure now.
Attached Images  
Brendan likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Email today has an * which in very tiny print states: "*Elite tier will be based on the status earned, not status granted via linking and status matching"

So the common sense reading is that those of us who are presently MR Gold via UA status will drop to nothing in August unless we have 10 EQN in the combined program. If that happens it will be Hasta La Vista to Marriott.

Maybe some additional incentive to hold a few Rewarding Meetings now.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by ehallison
With multiple threads covering the same topic its difficult at best to know if this has been answered but since this question sort of refers to what I'm going to ask, I'll post this right here

As of this moment, I have <2M MR points there fore I am not LTP [current]/LTPP[post August]. I do have >750 nights in MR alone and >10 Years at Plat Elite status in MR alone. However that gets me MR LT Gold [current program] yet the new criteria will allow me to become MR LTPP [new combined program].

I see all the notifications that I will be "notified" in Jan 2019 that I'll have the new program LTPP status.

My question is - as far as status goes from the changeover date [August XX, 2018] thru the notification date [Jan XX, 2019] will my stays reflect my current LT Gold status OR the new LTPP status during this transition window period of Aug - Jan?

It actually makes a difference as to what chains [& even MR hotels] I stay at during this transition period. If I am not going to be LTPP, then I don't have any incentive [barring unknown promo's] to stay at MR unless it is a property that provides good MR Gold [current]/MR Plat [post august] benefits.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
It actually makes a difference as to what chains [& even MR hotels] I stay at during this transition period. If I am not going to be LTPP, then I don't have any incentive [barring unknown promo's] to stay at MR unless it is a property that provides good MR Gold [current]/MR Plat [post august] benefits.
The difference between the new Plat and the new LTPP benefits is 25% bonus and the 48 hour room availability. If the possibility of not having those two thing means you do not "have any incentive to stay at MR" then it would be best to plan your stays elsewhere. Why take a chance?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
With multiple threads covering the same topic its difficult at best to know if this has been answered but since this question sort of refers to what I'm going to ask, I'll post this right here

As of this moment, I have <2M MR points there fore I am not LTP [current]/LTPP[post August]. I do have >750 nights in MR alone and >10 Years at Plat Elite status in MR alone. However that gets me MR LT Gold [current program] yet the new criteria will allow me to become MR LTPP [new combined program].

I see all the notifications that I will be "notified" in Jan 2019 that I'll have the new program LTPP status.

My question is - as far as status goes from the changeover date [August XX, 2018] thru the notification date [Jan XX, 2019] will my stays reflect my current LT Gold status OR the new LTPP status during this transition window period of Aug - Jan?

It seems that the only LTPP that will show up in Aug 2018 will be if earned with MR Legacy LTP before Aug 2018. All other methods of earning LTPP will be notified and appear on the account in Jan 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.