Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Leaked New Combined Marriott / SPG Status Tiers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MSPeconomist
In addition to the OP, see posts 70 and 121 for "information". Also, see post 1402 in the sticky merger thread in the Starwood forum which summarizes the information posted by OMAAT. [VFTW also had a similar discussion yesterday.]

Post 434 has a summary of qualification requirements for Marriott LTP in various periods.
Print Wikipost

Leaked New Combined Marriott / SPG Status Tiers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
Do you mean the number of airlines has been reduced? Not sure about that but the points scheme closely mirrors SPG. 60k pts ==> 75k pts with bonus ==> 25k airline points. That's the same as 20k starwood points ==> 5k bonus ==> 25k points.

Seems like travel packages indeed are dead or in for a large revamp.
TP's were the greatest perk of the MR program... will be sad to see them go... but I have changed my philosophy to start hoarding some MR points as I have too many UA miles now. Will be interesting to see how everything pans out. 75% bonus on base points is nice... though the new PP level is no different from what the current PP offers, and Ambassador service.... meh.

I'm just glad the new lifetime PP status maintains the 48 hour booking policy, as this has saved me on many many occasions from having to hotel hop (when I didn't want to).

Looking forward to being able to stay in SPG properties without having to convert points over at the abysmal current ratio.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
many bloggers already have it all summarized.....released early to them.....or go to Marriott website
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Can't see anything about travel packages
Ditto, I don't see anything about these.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Very good. I'm impressed.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Very happy with the news. Plt 50 gets lounge access and upgrade to suite.

Quite surprised that its pretty much old SPG without stays based qualification and $20k requirement for ambassador.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Credit card details. Click each card.

Marriott Rewards Credit Cards
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:58 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Can’t see whether the SPG policy of getting credit for up to 3 rooms toward elite nights is still valid. Anyone?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, AC 25K
Works pretty well for me. Grandfathered into lifetime Platinum Premier is a big one. 75% bonus on points is better. Breakfast offering, have to see what it is and what they mean by varies be property, hope it includes RC's. Good to see all spending at RC's will count for points. Also have to see what the off peak, peak, and standard timing is, I assume it will be property dependant. Will it now be 10 points per dollar spent or staying at 5?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Can’t see whether the SPG policy of getting credit for up to 3 rooms toward elite nights is still valid. Anyone?
Yes, this is the important question. That and do reward nights count towards elite status?
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by phltraveler
Gold is 25% bonus upgrade eligible, lounge, enhanced internet complimentary, upgrade eligible for "enhanced" rooms.
No lounge access for Gold

https://members.marriott.com/benefits/
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
I wonder how corporate SET rates will be affected?
pvn and bhrubin like this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Couple of questions to those who have digested everything (apologies if I missed it but I can't seem to find anything, or, read too fast):

-does this mean that your PLAT amenity is now breakfast OR points? Seems like a downgrade given it was previously 500pts + breakfast for Marriott plats. Although the addition of resorts and courtyards (two of my frequent types of stays) probably means it's a wash overall?

-the chart mentions if you're MR plat you will be Plat Premier, however, what if you received the status via your SPG match? I was a SPG Plat so it seems almost too good to be true.. I assume it's based on the original status you qualified for before you matched it over?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:04 pm

Amex Plat offers SPG Gold Preferred free and currently its matched to Marriott Gold Elite.

Marriott Gold Elite today will become Platinum Elite after August.
SPG Gold Preferred today will just become Gold Elite after August.

So I guess I will become Platinum in the new program after August - it sounds too good to be true.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:09 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Not big changes overall. With more hotels possible, a slight jigger of the elite tiers and/or category changes in beneifts—seems reasonable.

St. Regis, Luxury Collection, and W seem to no longer offer breakfast? Biggest change for SPG elites, perhaps?
Brendan likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:10 pm

Just trying to tackle the details now, any mention of an effective date. I'm a few nights away from LT Plat, with those nights coming up in the next few weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.