Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Leaked New Combined Marriott / SPG Status Tiers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MSPeconomist
In addition to the OP, see posts 70 and 121 for "information". Also, see post 1402 in the sticky merger thread in the Starwood forum which summarizes the information posted by OMAAT. [VFTW also had a similar discussion yesterday.]

Post 434 has a summary of qualification requirements for Marriott LTP in various periods.
Print Wikipost

Leaked New Combined Marriott / SPG Status Tiers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Which is interesting because it does show the new benefit in August as: " Coming in August: Receive free in-room, premium Internet access while staying at participating Marriott Rewards and SPG hotels. ". If that indeed the only new benefits it would be very disappointing.

And considering the new Amex premium card will only provide Gold status - I think this is the end of the Ritz card.
Supposedly it will be more aligned with the premium Amex card, whatever that means.

Also - apparently, effective 2019, members are capped to 15 elite nights from credit cards, even if you hold a consumer and business card, .etc.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by xzh445
Still a bit disappointing to see the overall structure of points be inflated/devalued. Multiplying my current 100,000 SPG points x 3 just means that the 20,000 point room in Waikiki will be much higher. Win some/lose some.
...and from what I have seen with peak/off peak schemes, Hawaii is one of those places that will be peak all the time so will give them an excuse to boost the point cost!

Last edited by dmodemd; Apr 16, 2018 at 4:04 pm
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
While there's obviously still some details to see, and some changes around the edges, at the end of the day it's almost as if they... combined the two programs.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by LPCJr

This describes my situation. I have a combined roughly 870 nights between MR and SPG but not sure I would qualify with the 10 year requirement. Marriott did the right thing by grandfathering LTPP for us.
And did the wrong thing by not grandfathering the segment of SPG LTPs who stayed over 750 nights + had 10 years into LTPP alongside you.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Anyone seen any intel on what qualifies for the $20K for Ambassador? Do I understand that SPG's top level was like this? What counted? Just charges at properties, or all charges on the CC?

Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I can report that I managed to get a postcard from the "do not open until 4:30 pm Eastern time" boxes at about 4:40 pm Eastern time today. There's really nothing but the URL for the new members website and logos for the 29 brands. The colored picture on mine is overwater bungalows, like on the website.

Totally uninformative, so I don't see the point of all the hype or even throwing a party for this. I guess I should keep my day job and not try to go into marketing.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Overall a lot better than I feared.

Only thing I'm curious about is how they count SPG lifetime status years when they combine the program. Should easily have Marriott LTG if they count the SPG Gold years from the AMEX Plat (plus my couple of years getting it on its own).

Just will be curious to see what the LT Platinum year counter is and how far I'll need to go to make that one happen

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
And did the wrong thing by not grandfathering the segment of SPG LTPs who stayed over 750 nights + had 10 years into LTPP alongside you.
if this is the case, I agree. BUT, would you not qualify for LTP in Marriott when the nights get combined, and then get grandfathered into LTPP? I’m trying to understand if everything changes on 8/1 or if you would have until 1/1/19 to be grandfathered.
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Michilander
Anyone seen any intel on what qualifies for the $20K for Ambassador? Do I understand that SPG's top level was like this? What counted? Just charges at properties, or all charges on the CC?

Thanks.
SPG Ambassador started as invitation only with unpublished criteria (presumably including a control group as an experiment, like Marriott might be doing) but then transitioned to 100 nights. There's no spend requirement currently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.