#marriottmakeityours

Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
#marriottmakeityours

Hi,

I am much more of a lurker on this board but post occasionally. I have Marriott Gold status but haven't really cashed in my points much.

I have some time off, however, over Easter and booked a 5 night stay at the new(ish) Skopje Marriott, arriving next week.

I received the following email from them:

Dear Mr DAV2355711,

Thank you for your reservation to (sic) Skopje Marriott Hotel!
Your loyalty to our company is highly appreciated.
We are proud to introduce our new initiative, "Marriott Make It Yours" for our valuable Marriott Rewards members during their stay.
We kindly ask you to share with us via [email protected] the purpose of your stay or any special occasion you may have during your stay, and let us create a amazing and unique travel experience for you.
Looking forward to hear (sic) from you and welcome you soon to Skopje Marriott hotel.
Sincerely,

Igor J
Front Office Manager

I was pleasantly surprised as I was actually concerned about there being differences between a reward stay and a paid stay. I replied with some information about my stay and quickly received a totally perfect, personalized response from Igor.

I find myself looking forward to my stay even more and surprised by this small gesture.

I did a quick search on here for more information about this program but couldn't find any.

Does anybody have experience they can share with this program? It is a really classy initiative on their part and made me look forward to my stay even more.

Last edited by DAV2355711; Mar 23, 2018 at 12:07 pm
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Indeed, there should be no difference at all on-property between an award and a paid stay. Gold benefits apply to award stays.

It's a nice touch - says more about the property itself than the rewards program as a whole. I do lots of Marriott stays and usually don't get this memo, but have gotten it occasionally over the years. Same for HH or SPG in years when I've been Diamond/Platinum in those programs. (Always a low Plat at Starwood - not their Plat 100 level.) In cases when I've responded - like it's an anniversary weekend or a birthday or whatnot - a welcome gift usually materializes in the room.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Thanks, pinniped,

Odd to see that we both joined in July, 2002, but you have 43,130 posts to my 151!

Like I said, I'm much more of a lurker than a poster, but I'm around these parts occasionally...

Last edited by DAV2355711; Mar 23, 2018 at 2:35 pm
Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
LOL. Maybe you need to post more and I need to lurk more...
Old Mar 24, 2018, 7:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
This seems to be some sort of trial.

A search of social media platforms confirms that has been used at several properties, dating back to 2016:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/marriottmakeityours?f=tweets&vertical=default&lang =en

https://www.instagram.com/explore/ta...ttmakeityours/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.