Search

Are 2018 Status up yet?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:39 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Are 2018 Status up yet?

I have been PP last few years and had 150+ this year.
Account says Platinum Elite, but knowing Marriott IT, not sure I trust it.

So was I downgraded or is that it?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
You've been busted down to regular P. It was a very similar thing when they busted me a few years ago. No notice, but a lower level showing online. Here's the thing: there's no difference between then when I was PP and now when I'm just a regular P/LTP. Of all the things one could lose in life, this is about the least significant.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
In years past, Marriott status has lasted until sometime the last week of February. Did your account say it was PP, and since the new year has been changed to Platinum?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by ehallison
In years past, Marriott status has lasted until sometime the last week of February. Did your account say it was PP, and since the new year has been changed to Platinum?
I think it maybe a coincidence with the new website. Whenever the new website is enabled, I show as Platinum status. Whenever it reverts back to the old website, I show as Platinum Premier status. So with the various flaws in the new web site, it will be difficult to tell actual status for CY2018. In any case as ehallison already noted, your current status should carry over to February.

--Jon
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
What does the mobile app show?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: Marriott
I've been Platinum Elite for the last 3 years. Changed jobs and don't travel as much and only had 34 nights last year. Just checked and it still has me at Platinum Elite with 0 nights for the year. Would love it if they kept me there for another year. Anyone have experience being downgraded? Does it happen a little bit later?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Holdenbu
I've been Platinum Elite for the last 3 years. Changed jobs and don't travel as much and only had 34 nights last year. Just checked and it still has me at Platinum Elite with 0 nights for the year. Would love it if they kept me there for another year. Anyone have experience being downgraded? Does it happen a little bit later?
Happens when the status expires in February. You can see your old 2017 nights at the old Marriott site by using the URL below:

Hotels Resorts | Book Hotel Reservations Direct with Marriott
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:50 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Mobile show PP still so guess will have to wait until people start getting this years gift to see if I made it again or not.
Not much difference but as a FF, it is all about having the status
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: AC*SE 2MM; Marriott-Plat Prem; SPG-Gold; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by rthib
I have been PP last few years and had 150+ this year.
Account says Platinum Elite, but knowing Marriott IT, not sure I trust it.

So was I downgraded or is that it?
I also appear to have been downgraded. I was Platinum Premier for years...I actually had 374 nights because of the carry over nights...not sure the Premier thing really amounted to much but still wonder about the downgrade given my loyalty...is it possible to get many more nights?!
Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
I cant speak for the other parts of the world, but here in Asia there are actually front desk staff and room managers that understand the difference between X4 and P6 when ugrading Ps the night before checkin of course that all comes down to proper training

Originally Posted by CJKatl
You've been busted down to regular P. It was a very similar thing when they busted me a few years ago. No notice, but a lower level showing online. Here's the thing: there's no difference between then when I was PP and now when I'm just a regular P/LTP. Of all the things one could lose in life, this is about the least significant.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Srisarin
I cant speak for the other parts of the world, but here in Asia there are actually front desk staff and room managers that understand the difference between X4 and P6 when ugrading Ps the night before checkin of course that all comes down to proper training.
I am 100% on UGs in Asia as a PP and P/LTP except for the Singapore Orchard Rd Marriott (one stay) and the Bangkok CY (four or five stays, no UG). One hotel where I stay frequently told me, without my asking, that it is still in their system to treat me like a PP, although I don't think there is much difference between PP and P.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Not surprised by the lack of ay upgrade at the Singapore Marriott as its probably one of the stingiest for upgrades regardless of whether youre X4 or P6 - “maybe” they treat X5s better but I doubt youll have any of those folks posting on FT !!

Since the CY Bangkok really have no suites, best (largest) room is a family room on 15th Fl behind the elevator bank, but in general I’m surprised that you a least didn't get a higher floor room as before Killian left for the Meridien they were pretty pro-active for elites.

Originally Posted by CJKatl
I am 100% on UGs in Asia as a PP and P/LTP except for the Singapore Orchard Rd Marriott (one stay) and the Bangkok CY (four or five stays, no UG). One hotel where I stay frequently told me, without my asking, that it is still in their system to treat me like a PP, although I don't think there is much difference between PP and P.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Are 2018 Status up yet?
As of: 05 January 2018 00:12:00 GMT / 04 January 2018 16:12:00 PST

Online via browser and the legacy website: still shows my 2017 nights and point totals and still PP.

Via the (Android) app: 0 nights this year (2018), my available points and my status as PP.

Just one PP's input.

David

Last edited by DELee; Jan 4, 2018 at 5:24 pm
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:30 pm

Mobile show PP still so guess will have to wait until people start getting this years gift to see if I made it again or not.
Not much difference but as a FF, it is all about having the status
I also think there's an issue with the "new" marriott website where it won't show the premier designation (while the mobile and the legacy site does). Probably adds to the confusion even more.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
197 butt-in-bed nights in 2017 (185 revenue)... status now shows Platinum Elite ... not sure if it's an IT glitch, but I can't fathom that I missed PP after having it for the last 2 years with fewer nights per year. 2017 was the most nights in a Marriott bed than any other year in my career.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.