Search

Are 2018 Status up yet?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by rthib
I have been PP last few years and had 150+ this year.
Account says Platinum Elite, but knowing Marriott IT, not sure I trust it.

So was I downgraded or is that it?
No.

You were/are a victim of the crapsite that's Marriott's trying to migrate to.

Decided to access the crapsite just now (usually I make a 180 and avoid it at all costs, but for FT...). Voila, as you found, I too am showing up as a simple Platinum as well (and no 2018 nights so far):

Going back to the legacy website, I'm still a Platinum Premier, but with the nights from 2017:

As is current on the UA MP forum, friends tell their friends to avoid the crap: Avoid Marriott's crapsite and get better info.

David
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
OT: Marriott is not the only one suffering from new and improved, totally unusable website disease. It is contagious and IHG has it as well. Everything displayed in very large fonts, similar style but in IHG colors to the new Marriott site layout. Many functions don't work properly unless you force your way back to the legacy website. Wonder if both Marriott and IHG outsourced the development of their new websites to the same vendor who specializes in bad UI design and shoddy implementation. End of rant....

--Jon
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Its the friggin move to display everything dumbed down to phones & tablets like windows 10 IMO. Ponderous. OTOH when I was demoted from PP to LTP it was late Feb. Or ask what they see at next checkin. Too many elites is the root of the problem, see thread about getting PLT despite being way short. The bubble is going to burst....
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:11 am
mab

Programs: UA GS 2Million, Marriott PP & LTPP, Amtrak Select Exec
I just checked the various Marriott account web sites. I was PP in 2017, and had similar patterns as last year so would expect to be PP in 2018 (but who knows).

As of just now:
iOS App thinks I'm still PP, and shows 2018 nights-to-date.
Regular web site thinks I'm still PP, and shows end-of-2017 nights earned.
Mobile web site (in chrome on iOS) thinks I'm regular Platinum, and shows 2018 nights-to-date.

Is anyone who's been "demoted" seeing it anywhere but on the mobile (non-app) site? Are ANY PP's seeing their correct status on the mobile site? Of not, I strongly suspect this is just a glitch with the mobile site not knowing about the existence / being able to display PP. In any event, since status is good to the end of February, any demotions are clearly premature.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by mab
I just checked the various Marriott account web sites. I was PP in 2017, and had similar patterns as last year so would expect to be PP in 2018 (but who knows).

As of just now:
iOS App thinks I'm still PP, and shows 2018 nights-to-date.
Regular web site thinks I'm still PP, and shows end-of-2017 nights earned.
Mobile web site (in chrome on iOS) thinks I'm regular Platinum, and shows 2018 nights-to-date.

Is anyone who's been "demoted" seeing it anywhere but on the mobile (non-app) site? Are ANY PP's seeing their correct status on the mobile site? Of not, I strongly suspect this is just a glitch with the mobile site not knowing about the existence / being able to display PP. In any event, since status is good to the end of February, any demotions are clearly premature.
Unfortunately, there is no single source of data on many internet apps. Seems they each retrieve data and store in a "pre-processed" format for their own quick use. Until all the sweeps are done, the month of January is a scramble to determine the true state of your account. And that's not to mention the random adjustments that may be granted (i.e. gifted status) along the way. So, unless you have a critical event coming up, sit back and see how it all plays out.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Unfortunately, there is no single source of data on many internet apps. Seems they each retrieve data and store in a "pre-processed" format for their own quick use. Until all the sweeps are done, the month of January is a scramble to determine the true state of your account. And that's not to mention the random adjustments that may be granted (i.e. gifted status) along the way. So, unless you have a critical event coming up, sit back and see how it all plays out.
At least everyone's status is secure til Feb... so nobody has to worry about a reduction of status before then.... regardless of what IT incompetence is taking place.

BTW: My status is back to PP as of this morning.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by jjmoore
BTW: My status is back to PP as of this morning.
Same here
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
For what it's worth, Marriott.com shows me at my year-end 2017 night count whereas the Marriott mobile application displays 0. Both say platinum-elite.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Jan 8, 2018 at 3:45 pm
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by edcho
There are some rumblings that ambassador (formally known as Concierge Elite program) is for the top 1%. However, from what i've read, it just seems like an addition of a dedicated concierge agent and also heard that non PP people participated in the program.

You can read a previous thread here about it: Marriott Ambassador vs Platinum Premier

There's even an FAQ on the program: https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...ncierge-faq.mi

Hopefully they will sort this out before they launch the new program.
My understanding is that not every PP got a concierge and some Plats who aren't PP did get concierges.

If the rule really is 1% versus 3% for PP, then these percentages are being calculated from different numbers.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My understanding is that not every PP got a concierge and some Plats who aren't PP did get concierges.

If the rule really is 1% versus 3% for PP, then these percentages are being calculated from different numbers.
As I said in another thread, Marriott Ambassador vs Platinum Premier:

Well, if you believe published reports there were 54 million members of Marriott Rewards at the time Marriott bought Starwood, which had 21 million members in its SPG program (source: Marriott-Starwood Merger: How Reward Points Will Be Affected Money).

If 3% of the 54 million members are platinum-premier, that's 1,620,000. If ambassador is the top 1% then there are 540,000 ambassadors. Both of those numbers seem incredibly high.

So, surely it's 3% of elite members. But how many elite members are there?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In years past, I seem to recall you had wait until the middle of January before everything was straightened out in terms of the new year's status display online.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:40 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Yep. PP on old site and mobile. Depending on when I look, something different on "new improved" site.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by sdsearch
In years past, I seem to recall you had wait until the middle of January before everything was straightened out in terms of the new year's status display online.
It's the annual January IT derailment.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LTT & Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
It was on Jan 8, 2017 when I first noticed that I had been upgrade from P to PP for the 2017 year.

I'm hoping since I'm seeing PP everywhere I've retained that status, only because of UA gold.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:11 pm
Suspended

My colleague is still platinum-premier on both Marriott.com and the mobile application, but he did 300 paid nights in 2017.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.