Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

What constitutes "a daily choice of breakfast"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What constitutes "a daily choice of breakfast"?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2017, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

as SkiAdcock noted, things are vague for a reason, to allow variance to the point of not really complying

these programs are more marketing and profit than providing services
Old May 28, 2017, 2:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
as SkiAdcock noted, things are vague for a reason, to allow variance to the point of not really complying
And on the opposite end, to go above & beyond what's minimally required. We have plenty of examples on the exec lounge sticky where properties do exactly that. But of course there are some properties that will do the minimum.

Cheers.
Old May 28, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch

So I can equally imagine that maybe European full-service Marriotts don't have to give full breakfast per the T&Cs, but most do so anyway. But just because most do doesn't prove that every single one does.
Well I think the main problem here is that the T&C's aren't clear as to what is required in Europe.
Old May 29, 2017, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
There's an AC property opening in California & one of its rates is European Breakfast Rate for 2 (kids under 12 eat free). Under the details it says this:

"European Breakfast Fare, includes breakfast for 2 adults and children 12 and under daily at Hotel Restaurant, see Rate details

Additional Information
AC Hotels welcome you to start each day with a breakfast "reflective of its European origins. Freshly baked French croissants, Iberico ham, selection of cheeses, savory egg tarts and egg dishes, yogurts, muesli, fresh fruit, Nespresso coffee and other breakfast fare "

Cheers.
Hopefully it's "real" yogurt European style, not the Yoplait mashup of yogurt and jello that all too many Fairfields in the USA have.
Old May 30, 2017, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by GoPhils
Well I think the main problem here is that the T&C's aren't clear as to what is required in Europe.
Well if enough people complain, they may clarify it to be continental. Could be a case of be careful what you ask for.

Cheers.
Old May 30, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
It might be too American for brekky, but if I could demand anything, it would be that every CL had a self-serve waffle station like at most RIs, SHS and FIs. And American/Canadian pancake syrup.

I just stayed at a Renaissance in Florida for a week. Plats get the full buffet in the restaurant on the weekends or can do points. There's a McDonalds and a Dunkin right across the street, so points were easy. Mon-Fri, the CL had scrambled eggs - with ham and cheese Mon-Tues and plan Wed-Fri. Potatoes, bacon and sausage and kielbasa, oatmeal, a good selection of cut fruit plus bananas, apples, oranges and even pears. A variety of breads and bagels, some pastries, and some cold cereal. That is fine and good for a free breakfast. Throw in a waffle station and I would give it a 99 out of 100.
Old May 30, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Well if enough people complain, they may clarify it to be continental. Could be a case of be careful what you ask for.

Cheers.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by catocony
It might be too American for brekky, but if I could demand anything, it would be that every CL had a self-serve waffle station like at most RIs, SHS and FIs. And American/Canadian pancake syrup.
Agreed!
Old May 30, 2017, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mon-Fri, the CL had scrambled eggs - with ham and cheese Mon-Tues and plan Wed-Fri.
Are you saying there's no meatless eggs in this Ren lounge Mon & Tue? Or are you saying there's two types (one plain, one with ham and cheese) Mon & Tue?
Old May 31, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Mon-Tues was scrambled eggs with ham and cheese only. Wed-Fri was plain scrambled eggs only.
Old May 31, 2017, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mon-Tues was scrambled eggs with ham and cheese only. Wed-Fri was plain scrambled eggs only.
Oh, yack (says this pesco-ovo-lacto vegatarian). Please name this Ren so I can know to avoid it!

I've never seen the lack of plain scrambled eggs (when there were hot eggs of any kind) in any other Marriott family lounge (or breakfast buffet) before.

(And I though up to now that having powdered scrambled eggs at the Anaheim FS Marriott lounge was the worst case possible.)
Old May 31, 2017, 6:18 pm

Seriously, you made me look up "pesco-ovo-lacto vegatarian"? Is that revenge for 'brekkie"?

"Lacto-ovo-vegetarians eat plant-based foods, dairy products, and eggs, and exclude meat, poultry, and fish. Lacto-vegetarians eat plant-based foods and dairy products, and exclude meat, poultry, fish, and eggs. ... Pesco-vegetarians eat a vegetarian diet but also include fish."

Uh, what's the pesco part?

Cheers.
Old May 31, 2017, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Seriously, you made me look up "pesco-ovo-lacto vegatarian"? Is that revenge for 'brekkie"?

"Lacto-ovo-vegetarians eat plant-based foods, dairy products, and eggs, and exclude meat, poultry, and fish. Lacto-vegetarians eat plant-based foods and dairy products, and exclude meat, poultry, fish, and eggs. ... Pesco-vegetarians eat a vegetarian diet but also include fish."

Cheers.
fish

David
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cheers.
"Pesco-" can be interpreted as either fish or overall seafood. All of these prefixes look like they come from Latin-based origins.

Btw, I've also occasionally seen "pollo-vegetarian", which some people use to indicate that they eat fowl aka birds aka raptor dinosaurs (and maybe also fish and/or seafood?), but not other kinds of meat.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Sharon, this is all I have to say about that:
Attached Images  
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
That's good...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.