Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: soy
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address:
[email protected]
Reservations: [email protected]

> Plat Welcome amenity is 1k pts or Breakfast for Elite+1
——————————-
Previously posted and someone deleted it - It is the policy of this prop to try and upgrade P/Gs and even Ss on their first stay. If for some reason the property cannot upgrade the P/G/S member on their first stay they will be given upgrade priority on their next stay.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: SPG/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus
Originally Posted by azepine00
Phu quoc is not representative of vietnam. Even from food prospective it is probably more like cambodia which may explain why vietnamese dishes at the hotel are awful.
Good point. I am going to Okinawa and i research some Okinawan food and it doesnt look like typical japanese food. Anyway the Japanese food at this hotel is disgusting and it isn't necessary to have japanese food in restaurant.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by nikkoap92
Good point. I am going to Okinawa and i research some Okinawan food and it doesnt look like typical japanese food. Anyway the Japanese food at this hotel is disgusting and it isn't necessary to have japanese food in restaurant.
Well the (japanese) pickles are good, sushi is as good as boxed American ((eg passable if really hungry), but it was my choice most of the time I was there as I found the food pretty bad - so for me I do think it is "necessary" to have japanese food in the restaurant- esp. the "vietnamese" food as well as the other bland, overcooked hot dishes. The exceptions were really excellent pastries/breads, fresh fruits and freshly grilled fish if you could get any (hand grilled in very small pieces and in very small quantities).
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:43 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by price123

9-12 March
Nice March 6th - 16th for me
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by t1c
Nice March 6th - 16th for me
I’ll be there 11-16th. Sounds like a FT meetup is in order.

Any word on when the breakfast devaluation takes effect?

Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:21 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by MasterTactician

I’ll be there 11-16th. Sounds like a FT meetup is in order.

Any word on when the breakfast devaluation takes effect?

i will let you know when I check in on the 6th..
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:28 am

I am at the resort now and regarding the breakfast situation, it appears to be dependent on when you make the booking, I booked it roughly 9 month in advance and they still honoured the complimentary breakfast for gold members, however I was told that the new rule regarding 50% discount for breakfast is already in place, so you might want to confirm with the resort to see which category you fell in.

In terms of the hotel everything is top notch, they upgraded me to a room directly in front of the pool and beach along with a cake for my honeymoon, which is greatly appreciated. The food is expensive by Vietnam standard, but I would say it is reasonable given you are eating in the resort and you are buying the view and convenience for having food at the resort rather than going around in a taxi to figure out where to eat.

Would I come back if I had the time? Definitely, the view is breathtaking and the staff are doing everything they do to assist and their rooms are huge.

Anyone else also at the resort at the moment?
Srisarin likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:03 pm

Programs: Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold HH
Originally Posted by glasszon
I am at the resort now and regarding the breakfast situation, it appears to be dependent on when you make the booking, I booked it roughly 9 month in advance and they still honoured the complimentary breakfast for gold members, however I was told that the new rule regarding 50% discount for breakfast is already in place, so you might want to confirm with the resort to see which category you fell in.

In terms of the hotel everything is top notch, they upgraded me to a room directly in front of the pool and beach along with a cake for my honeymoon, which is greatly appreciated. The food is expensive by Vietnam standard, but I would say it is reasonable given you are eating in the resort and you are buying the view and convenience for having food at the resort rather than going around in a taxi to figure out where to eat.

Would I come back if I had the time? Definitely, the view is breathtaking and the staff are doing everything they do to assist and their rooms are huge.

I’m also here now, and seem to be having the exact same experience regarding booking a long time ago and having breakfast included as gold. I agree that the food and drink is expensive for Vietnam, but it’s still less than I pay to eat and drink by the beach at home in California. JW Marriott in the US would charge way more. My husband and I have zero complaints!
Srisarin likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
seat2seat, welcome to Flyertalk!

Cheers.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:19 pm
t1c

Originally Posted by glasszon

Same for me they honored my free breakfast... and yes I'm here also.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seat2seat

I’m also here now, and seem to be having the exact same experience regarding booking a long time ago and having breakfast included as gold. I agree that the food and drink is expensive for Vietnam, but it’s still less than I pay to eat and drink by the beach at home in California. JW Marriott in the US would charge way more. My husband and I have zero complaints!
At home in california vietnamese (or any other for that matter) food is far far better than that offered at JWMPQ.
While JW in CA does indeed charge more it doesn't require me spending hundreds of thousands of miles or thousands of $ to get there. If i do next time i'll choose far more appealing properties in SE Asia that do offer great food along with great surroundings. JWMPQ may be a good option for those who live nearby and need a quick getaway but it's a rather poor choice if you travel from california to see SE Asia; it only got worse with the value of points and elite perks diminishing.
estnet, jpdx and 3rdworldresident like this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:12 am

Is there a place in or near the hotel to rent motorbikes/mopeds?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by emkay
Is there a place in or near the hotel to rent motorbikes/mopeds?
Yes I'd be interested to know this too, especially if said motorbikes and mopeds could be used to eat off-property from time to time. We've booked for a week from 3 December (booked at the weekend just before the category change) and have been using all the great guidance on here to make our decision so thanks very much for that.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: QF Gold
My parents just checked in.

Not honoring breakfast. Nor high speed internet nor any evening drinks that we're standard before .

Anyone currently there able to reach out room 2107

EDIT: seems there is a reservation mixup. They are in another guests room? Welcome letter addressed to someone else.
Anyway manager is away, front desk is nice but doesn't know what's happening :-/

Last edited by davem4; Mar 8, 2018 at 4:09 am
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Ask for Thomas at the front desk - not the GM but really on top of everything! Are your parents gold/plat so entitled to the benefits for this (and I assume reservation made before the changes)

Originally Posted by davem4
My parents just checked in.

Not honoring breakfast. Nor high speed internet nor any evening drinks that we're standard before .

Anyone currently there able to reach out room 2107

EDIT: seems there is a reservation mixup. They are in another guests room? Welcome letter addressed to someone else.
Anyway manager is away, front desk is nice but doesn't know what's happening :-/
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by estnet
Ask for Thomas at the front desk - not the GM but really on top of everything! Are your parents gold/plat so entitled to the benefits for this (and I assume reservation made before the changes)
Reservation was made 2 months ago from my points (I'm gold)

My mother is also gold, but reservations did put my dad as guest 1 (despite me asking them twice to change it, but I guess due to sexism the guy needs to be the #1 guest).

I'll tell them to go talk to Thomas. Cheers .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.