Wiki Posts
Search

Who Gets an Elite Concierge?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Who Gets an Elite Concierge?

I've read on here that Marriott has Elite Concierges? I'm a lifetime platinum, and I've never heard anything about them from Marriott. Who is eligible for them? I know at SPG you have to be Platinum 100 to get an Ambassador.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:20 pm

They are testing it. For Hyatt, they have My Hyatt Concierge but appeared to be invited based on spend history (now awarded to all Globalists in the new program). Looks like it's pretty much the same concept here.

TBH -- I don't use the dedicated Hyatt Concierge rep too much except for changes that I don't need ASAP/upgrade suites or stay credit that hasn't posted/posted properly. She did send me a nice holiday basket last year though. I will miss those nice touches as I transition to Marriott.

1. What is the Elite concierge service?
A select group of Elite Marriott Rewards® members is participating in the new Elite concierge service. Each member has been paired with an Elite concierge who helps them enjoy a more seamless travel experience customized to their needs. By developing a relationship with the member, the Elite concierge anticipates the member’s unique needs, ensuring their preferences are recognized and desires are met before, during, and even after their stay.

2. How does an Elite member qualify to be in this Elite concierge service?
Participation in the Elite concierge service is by invitation only. There are no direct qualifiers for entry into the program. We intentionally chose a diverse group of select members to participate in this initial program. These members are active participants in shaping program elements by providing feedback on the range of services currently provided, and those which may be added in the future.

3. How can I connect with my Elite concierge?
Shortly after receiving an email informing their membership into this program, the member’s Elite concierge will reach out directly and exchange contact information.

4. What types of services can I expect from my Elite concierge?
a. 1:1 access to a personal Marriott Rewards contact
b. Assistance before, during and outside a stay with reserving on-property
services like spa, restaurant and golf
c. Scheduling ground transportation to and from the property
d. Enhanced recognition on property

5. What should I do to ensure an optimal experience with the Elite concierge service?
a. Be certain to keep your profile information and preferences updated
b. Have an open, candid phone conversation with your Elite concierge about
your preferences, interests and any other pertinent information you would
like to share that would enhance your experience with Marriott®.

6. Will I receive Elite concierge recognition for every stay?
Your Elite concierge will create a 1:1 personal relationship with you and will be able to identify which stays they can best assist with.

7. Will my Elite concierge be able to assist me globally?
Although our Elite concierge team is initially located in the U.S., they will be able to help you anywhere your travels take you.

8. When can I call my Elite concierge?
Once your Elite concierge makes initial contact with you, they will share contact information with you.

9. When will my Elite concierge service status expire?
We will evaluate the program through the current Elite calendar year. Elite concierge membership will be assessed on an annual basis.

10. Will people traveling with me receive Elite concierge benefits as well?
No, only the member will receive the benefits of this program. However, people traveling with the member can indirectly enjoy the benefits extended such as room upgrades and local amenities.

11. I am a member of both Marriott Rewards and SPG®, and already have an SPG Ambassador. Will I keep my SPG Ambassador or will I be assigned a new one?
We don’t anticipate launching a newly combined program until 2018. Starwood has confirmed that your SPG Ambassador will continue to help you with all your travel needs when you are staying at participating SPG properties. As we begin to integrate the programs in the future, we will keep active Elite members informed around any changes that may occur within the concierge program.

12. I have more questions. Who should I call?
For assistance with additional questions, please contact us:
Marriott Rewards: 801-468-4000
The Ritz-Carlton Rewards: 866-922-6882
Old Dec 8, 2016, 3:54 am

Has anyone ever had a proper true concierge from holding status? I've had plenty over the years from Credit Cards, hotel and airline levels and all have been little but some glorified customer serivce.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by jimrpa
I've read on here that Marriott has Elite Concierges? I'm a lifetime platinum, and I've never heard anything about them from Marriott. Who is eligible for them? I know at SPG you have to be Platinum 100 to get an Ambassador.
I am Platinum Premier and LT PL and I have a Concierge and she has been very very helpful when I needed it. You likely have to be PP as a starting point.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hnewman
I am Platinum Premier and LT PL and I have a Concierge and she has been very very helpful when I needed it. You likely have to be PP as a starting point.
Nope. Marriott specifically says that they, "intentionally chose a diverse group of select members to participate in this initial program." And this PP for many years (and nearing 3xLTP) has not heard boo about a concierge.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by lexdevil
Nope. Marriott specifically says that they, "intentionally chose a diverse group of select members to participate in this initial program." And this PP for many years (and nearing 3xLTP) has not heard boo about a concierge.
Sorry to hear. You have earned it. I am also just about 3x LTP. 100 nights to go to 3000
Old Dec 8, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I have an elite concierge and she's been very helpful as well.
I like being able to call the number and get someone to help right away instead of having to go through the automated system and being placed on hold. Also the ability to communicate via email has also been helpful.
They've helped with reservations when I wasn't able to do it over the phone, adjusting rates, apply RC card certs for lounge upgrade, calling properties to make sure I get a room upgrade, fighting for me when an upgrade is denied,...

I like the program and I've used it since I was invited.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
Originally Posted by SocialAdept
Has anyone ever had a proper true concierge from holding status? I've had plenty over the years from Credit Cards, hotel and airline levels and all have been little but some glorified customer serivce.
I used to have an Ambassador from SPG when I stayed over 100 night for 2 years in a row. I didn't think I would use her much, but ended up really missing her after I lost the benefit. It was great to have direct access to someone who could help with an issue or time-sensitive booking and she also knew my preferences so would work with the hotels I stayed at to make sure my preferences were met. I look forward to having this perk back with Marriott and would love if they keep the SPG Ambassadors and I can somehow be linked back to my original person.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Thanks for the explanation!

For Marriott, I think they'd be even more useful than SPG since Marriott doesn't provide you with any way to send special requests to hotels prior to arrival and they don't have a guest services team at the hotel who contacts you via email prior to arrival to see if there's anything you need.

Yes, I know i could call the hotel directly but that's annoying when it's in a different country and multiple time zones away. Email communications (or at least messaging through the reservation) is much more convenient. Barring that, an ambassador or concierge to call would be great.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: Mileageplus, Aadvantage
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Thanks for the explanation!

For Marriott, I think they'd be even more useful than SPG since Marriott doesn't provide you with any way to send special requests to hotels prior to arrival and they don't have a guest services team at the hotel who contacts you via email prior to arrival to see if there's anything you need.

Yes, I know i could call the hotel directly but that's annoying when it's in a different country and multiple time zones away. Email communications (or at least messaging through the reservation) is much more convenient. Barring that, an ambassador or concierge to call would be great.
I have used the request feature of the online check-in in the app to communicate with hotels for additional accommodations. It worked really well for me. You can check in 1 day earlier and make special requests via the app.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond for life, Bonvoy Titanium for Life, Delta Million Miler, Delta Platinum
Lifetime Platinum. Several years PP, but no longer. About 1900 nights. I have only used the elite concierge a few times, but each time I was very happy with the results
Old Dec 10, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by edcho
They are testing it. For Hyatt, they have My Hyatt Concierge but appeared to be invited based on spend history (now awarded to all Globalists in the new program). Looks like it's pretty much the same concept here.
I have a Hyatt concierge. I doubt it is based on my spend history because I have usually barely squeaked through Diamond re-qualification. I believe for awhile it was available to any Diamond who asked. I did and it's been very helpful. I nearly always just e-mail my special requests and problem solved.

Due to the upcoming changes at Hyatt, I'll be moving over to Marriott in 2018 and will miss my Hyatt concierge. I'm sure any Marriott concierge would be just as helpful.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:11 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by sammyindc
I have an elite concierge and she's been very helpful as well.
I like being able to call the number and get someone to help right away instead of having to go through the automated system and being placed on hold. Also the ability to communicate via email has also been helpful.
They've helped with reservations when I wasn't able to do it over the phone, adjusting rates, apply RC card certs for lounge upgrade, calling properties to make sure I get a room upgrade, fighting for me when an upgrade is denied,...

I like the program and I've used it since I was invited.
Sounds like what the PP line is/was for
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: 1K UAL Marriott Platinum Premier - Ambassador thing-y Hertz President's Circle
i've got about 2500 nights, have been PP for half dozen years. and now how the Elite person. i frankly don't know what he does, but i got a christmas card from him on my MR anniversary date. which i guess was nice... i dunno. i really don't want anyone doing stuff for me. an upgrade in an overseas property would be helpful I suppose.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rebadc
Sounds like what the PP line is/was for
I haven't been very favorably impressed by the PP line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.