Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When does status end?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by phant0m
My status dropped to Silver but it was supposed to match my SPG Gold.... Gotta contact them now...
Unless you have a booking to do or a stay soon, just sit back a week or so and see if they catch up. The systems are not integrated so periodic sweeps are needed to sync things up. If it fails to sync after that, then a call might be needed.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by phant0m
My status dropped to Silver but it was supposed to match my SPG Gold.... Gotta contact them now...
Interesting I got dropped to GOLD by Marriott and Still Platinum by SPG.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
Me too, PP on Saturday, plain ol’ Plat today
How did you see that?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:08 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
How did you see that?
Booked a hotel today and the email confirmation showed me as Plat
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob

Booked a hotel today and the email confirmation showed me as Plat
Thanks ... good idea. I just booked a random hotel date and the email confirmation says I'm a Plat Premier. So maybe ...

And, as an edit, I logged into the UK site and am listed as a Plat Premier there (although the US site only has Plat)

But I haven't received the gift/card

Last edited by C17PSGR; Feb 26, 2018 at 7:30 pm
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Interesting... The website still has my status as gold, even though I didn't meet the nights requirement. Wonder if I'll get a bye...
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:56 pm

Mine dropped to Silver as well... it's still Gold Preferred on Starwood.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:01 pm

I called HH customer service who made some calls, acknowledged the error, and confirmed that it'd be resolved within 24hrs. I'm a bit annoyed because I actually had a stay tonight and of course, my status was never recognized. It was just a one-night business stay so I don't care too much, but talk about lousy timing. My Ritz status also dropped and I have an upcoming stay in Tokyo in 3.5 weeks so I'm really glad that I noticed this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
The res I made for this weekend shows my PP status, so I guess I've been renewed.

From the other thread that mentioned PPs have Ambassadors, maybe I'll call & find out who my Ambassador is.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
I only did about 43 nights last year, but seem to still have Platinum status... I hope it doesn't drop as I have a reservation the first week of March :S

I did get an email stating that my United Silver status was renewed though....
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by OliverB
I called HH customer service who made some calls, acknowledged the error, and confirmed that it'd be resolved within 24hrs. I'm a bit annoyed because I actually had a stay tonight and of course, my status was never recognized. It was just a one-night business stay so I don't care too much, but talk about lousy timing. My Ritz status also dropped and I have an upcoming stay in Tokyo in 3.5 weeks so I'm really glad that I noticed this.
Yeah I have a stay at the end of March so hopefully they'll resolve it soon. They said they'll fix it through email but added a line about how "temporary statuses" do not match. I wonder if that pertains to Amex Platinum SPG Gold status.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
The res I made for this weekend shows my PP status, so I guess I've been renewed.

From the other thread that mentioned PPs have Ambassadors, maybe I'll call & find out who my Ambassador is.

I don't think that's accurate. I am a PP and have an ambassador. There are others on the forum who are plats and have an ambassador. There are others who are PP and do not have am ambassador.

I'm not sure how Marriott decided who gets am ambassador as part of the test program but in may case I have several thousand nights, am a lifetime plat, have been a member of MR for many years, and have been PP for the past several years (and apparently renewed this year -- I guess since I haven't received anything).

Hopefully, as the programs are integrated, this whole PP benefits/standards and ambassador will be more transparent.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:38 am

Was Marriot status reset on February 28, 2018. Today, March 1, 2018, logged onto my Marriot Account and it shows that I am Gold Status.

Does this mean I am Gold Status from now till February 28, 2019?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Unless there's a glitch, which is often possible, it should be good until the next expiration cycle, which is reported as the last Sunday in February - 2019 in this case.

Or some new process and date from an integrated MR/SPG program, which could change everything.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Mid-Tier, Marriott PP/Lifetime Platinum
I stopped traveling for work at the end of October due to a career change, so I thought I would lose my PP status, yet
it still shows Plat Premier on the Marriott app today.

The app also says I would renew PP at 75 nights, but I only have 64 as of today.

Maybe I'm good for another year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.