When does status end?

Old Oct 13, 2016, 10:35 am
Original Poster

When does status end?

New to travel benefits. Are Marriott levels like airline levels meaning the year to qualify and then you get that level the next year?

I am plat with Marriott right now. Do start over January 1st with only my rollover?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
If you qualified this year, then your status is good for next year, and then mid-to-late February 2018. A couple of years ago when my husband didn't requalify for Plat, he was back to Gold for a stay on Feb 22 or 23.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Agreed. If you qualified in 2015 for the 2016 year, it is good until late Feb 2017. If you qualified this year, it's good for the rest of the year, all of next year, and until late February 2018.

For a detailed explanation - http://thepointsguy.com/2016/01/when...status-expire/
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
And if someone attained Marriott Platinum by linking to a Platinum-level SPG account, then both accounts will have the same elite level and the same expiration.

In other words, if a Platinum SPG member linked his or her account to a base or Silver or Gold Marriott Rewards account this week, then that Rewards account would be Platinum too -- but only through the expiration date of the Platinum SPG level, not necessarily through all of 2017. If the SPG account qualifies for another year, then the Rewards elite level would continue too.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: HHonorsGold, MarriottPlat, BAEC Gold, FlyingBlue Silver
OK, so SPG ends benefits last day of FEB and Marriott seems to do it sometime in FEB, starting from end of JAN.
I'm Marriott Platinum due to my SPG earned Platinum but won't requalify this year. This means my SPG benefits will end at the end of FEB. When will my Marriott Platinum benefits end? Exactly same time or potentially a few weeks earlier.
I'm not requalifying, but planning a vacation in FEB involving SPG and Marriott properties.....so it's kinda essential for me to understand.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 6:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I think Marriott goes close to the end of Feb.

Cheers.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:29 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I was busted down from Plat to Gold a few years ago and my bust took place about a week before end Feb. I remember cos I had a stay on 25th Feb for GF birthday and was hoping to get Plat points, but was already relegated to Gold before checkin day...
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:28 pm

Usually it's the last Sunday of Feb
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by crimsona
Usually it's the last Sunday of Feb
This is for sure. Today was the day. No trumpets, no fanfare, no e-mail "sorry to see you go", just - bam!
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:13 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Me too, PP on Saturday, plain ol’ Plat today
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:02 am

How to find out what year my status expires?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by shadowline
How to find out what year my status expires?
What year did you earn your status?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
What year did you earn your status?
​​​​​
Yesterday!
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
If you met an elite level criterion yesterday based on nights in 2018, your status should expire the last Sunday of February 2020.

That's by the traditional MR program rules. If/when the program changes this year to integrate SPG, that may or may not change.
RogerD408 and shadowline like this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
This is for sure. Today was the day. No trumpets, no fanfare, no e-mail "sorry to see you go", just - bam!
My status dropped to Silver but it was supposed to match my SPG Gold.... Gotta contact them now...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.