Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott keeps adding promo nights to my account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:23 am
ymx
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist

A week ago I had 66 nights for the year. I was tempted to try and do a mattress run to get to Platinum but decided I'd rather stay gold and use the excess rollover points towards maintaining gold next year. However, ever since I received my promotional birthday point a week ago, which brought me to 67 nights, appx every two days I've noticed another promo night gets added to my account. Today I'm up to 71. Is this normal if Marriott sees I'm close to a new tier threshold?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Do you have the Marriott Visa? You'll get an elite night for every $3K of spend.

Cheers. Sharon
Old Nov 16, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Do you have the Marriott Visa? You'll get an elite night for every $3K of spend.

Cheers. Sharon
Those nights show up under the heading "credit card."

I have received 4 promo nights this year - actually in the past several weeks - only one of which I can account for (birthday). I have no idea what prompted Marriott to give me the others.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
I think there's a glitch with the birthday nights.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Same. Whatever it is I hope they let us keep em
Old Nov 16, 2015, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by jm1991
Whatever it is I hope they let us keep em
I wouldn't count on them. If you've (generic you) have enough to hit status w/o them that's one thing, but to count on them & then have them yanked away is another especially if you don't have time to make them up.

Cheers. Sharon
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by dgreen12
I think there's a glitch with the birthday nights.
This appears to be a good explanation, since I noted this occurring after I clicked on the Birthday link to claim the night. I am now up to 5 promotion nights. My wife, whose birthday falls ten days before mine, has 6. So, evidently more promotion nights are still being added.

I'm LT Platinum, so the number of elite qualifying nights is pretty much irrelevant to me. To date, however, it has put my wife over the Gold threshold for next year.

(Even if they take them away, she'll still get Gold - we have a 7-day stay booked in her name next month.)
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I got 6 birthday nights as well.

It took me a bit to identify where they were coming from, as neither the 1 or the 6 are shown in the activity list. I can't remember from last year, does the birthday night normally show as an activity?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
happened the same to me...was 52 nights, got my birthday gift and after few days i found 56 nights.
i expect they'll correct the mistake sooner or later...or hope they'll keep as it is as partial compensation for not making counting redeemed nights for status till last month, as early this year i made at least 10...
Old Nov 23, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I wouldn't mind a few extra birthday nights this year especially as I figure I will finish the year at 72 nights, just a bit short of Platinum, otherwise. Too bad my birthday is very late in the year... more chance of the glitch being fixed by then and fewer days for unexpected Christmas presents to arrive if not.

Last edited by darthbimmer; Nov 30, 2015 at 6:55 pm Reason: grammar
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold
What is the most nights anyone has gotten with this glitch?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
i checked today and i got more...now reached 6 gifted nights (excluding the normal birthday one)
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:29 am

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
ive gotten 10 so far my bday was 3 days after they supposedly ended it the promo.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
10 here.

How many free nights (points or certs) were used in 2015 before the November change to count them as elite nights?

For me, I'm remembering 9 nights in 2015.

Any possible correlation with others on promotional nights and pre-November award nights?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:30 am

Totally forgot about award nights now counting towards elite status (as of Nov 1). That might be what's changing the #s for some people.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.