FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Marriott keeps adding promo nights to my account? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1724792-marriott-keeps-adding-promo-nights-my-account.html)

ymx Nov 16, 2015 8:23 am

Marriott keeps adding promo nights to my account?

A week ago I had 66 nights for the year. I was tempted to try and do a mattress run to get to Platinum but decided I'd rather stay gold and use the excess rollover points towards maintaining gold next year. However, ever since I received my promotional birthday point a week ago, which brought me to 67 nights, appx every two days I've noticed another promo night gets added to my account. Today I'm up to 71. Is this normal if Marriott sees I'm close to a new tier threshold?

SkiAdcock Nov 16, 2015 8:26 am

Do you have the Marriott Visa? You'll get an elite night for every $3K of spend.

Cheers. Sharon

ExArkie Nov 16, 2015 10:17 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 25720917)
Do you have the Marriott Visa? You'll get an elite night for every $3K of spend.

Cheers. Sharon

Those nights show up under the heading "credit card."

I have received 4 promo nights this year - actually in the past several weeks - only one of which I can account for (birthday). I have no idea what prompted Marriott to give me the others.

dgreen12 Nov 16, 2015 10:33 am

I think there's a glitch with the birthday nights.

jm1991 Nov 16, 2015 3:17 pm

Same. Whatever it is I hope they let us keep em

SkiAdcock Nov 16, 2015 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by jm1991 (Post 25723549)
Whatever it is I hope they let us keep em

I wouldn't count on them. If you've (generic you) have enough to hit status w/o them that's one thing, but to count on them & then have them yanked away is another especially if you don't have time to make them up.

Cheers. Sharon

ExArkie Nov 18, 2015 10:50 am

Originally Posted by dgreen12 (Post 25721726)
I think there's a glitch with the birthday nights.

This appears to be a good explanation, since I noted this occurring after I clicked on the Birthday link to claim the night. I am now up to 5 promotion nights. My wife, whose birthday falls ten days before mine, has 6. So, evidently more promotion nights are still being added.

I'm LT Platinum, so the number of elite qualifying nights is pretty much irrelevant to me. To date, however, it has put my wife over the Gold threshold for next year.

(Even if they take them away, she'll still get Gold - we have a 7-day stay booked in her name next month.)

CPH-Flyer Nov 23, 2015 12:32 am

I got 6 birthday nights as well.

It took me a bit to identify where they were coming from, as neither the 1 or the 6 are shown in the activity list. I can't remember from last year, does the birthday night normally show as an activity?

Rescmajster Nov 23, 2015 6:53 am

happened the same to me...was 52 nights, got my birthday gift and after few days i found 56 nights.
i expect they'll correct the mistake sooner or later...or hope they'll keep as it is as partial compensation for not making counting redeemed nights for status till last month, as early this year i made at least 10...

darthbimmer Nov 23, 2015 8:30 am

I wouldn't mind a few extra birthday nights this year especially as I figure I will finish the year at 72 nights, just a bit short of Platinum, otherwise. Too bad my birthday is very late in the year... more chance of the glitch being fixed by then and fewer days for unexpected Christmas presents to arrive if not. :D

DRoma Nov 30, 2015 7:19 am

What is the most nights anyone has gotten with this glitch?

Rescmajster Nov 30, 2015 7:27 am

i checked today and i got more...now reached 6 gifted nights (excluding the normal birthday one)

jm1991 Nov 30, 2015 7:29 am

ive gotten 10 so far my bday was 3 days after they supposedly ended it the promo.

dgreen12 Nov 30, 2015 7:47 am

10 here.

How many free nights (points or certs) were used in 2015 before the November change to count them as elite nights?

For me, I'm remembering 9 nights in 2015.

Any possible correlation with others on promotional nights and pre-November award nights?

SkiAdcock Nov 30, 2015 8:30 am

Totally forgot about award nights now counting towards elite status (as of Nov 1). That might be what's changing the #s for some people.

Cheers.