Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection - Crete, Greece [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 26, 2016, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
This is an all suite property. There are about 85 units total including suites, villa and private residence. New villas are planned.
There is no resort fee, no parking or valet fees, and buffet breakfast is included daily regardless of your status with Marriott.
There is no exec lounge for elites.
The resort is located about 8 minute drive North of the town of Elounda. The small town of Plaka is 3-4 minute drive to the North.
The ferry to Spinalonga Island is 10 euro the round trip. The admission to the island is another 8 euro per person.
Haute Living lounge is only available for those who have paid for Villas.

Titanium benefits are generous (as at August 2020):
  • Complimentary Breakfast in our Restaurant (Tholos) throughout your stay (When booking on redemption stay)
  • One Complimentary Dinner in our Restaurant (Blend or their choice on check-in), drinks excluded
  • Spa thermae Facilities (per Adult, per stay - was a 20 minute back massage)
  • VIP Check-in over a signature aperitif overlooking the famous UNESCO protected islet of Spinalonga
  • 1000 bonus points (in addition to any normal bonus), posts about 5-7 days later
Then the usual: Complimentary Upgrade (upon availability); Late Check-Out (upon request, upon availability).
Print Wikipost

Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection - Crete, Greece [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Hosserunda
Staying here right now. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Will write a quick report later but can already tell that this is one of the best vacations we ever took.
Hosserunda are you still planning on posting a trip report? I'm surprised no one else has posted any detailed information on their stays.

Just booked 5 night award stay for June 2017 and would naturally like to hear feedback on the property. As an SPG Platinum we stayed at the Blue Palace for 5 nights in 2014 but I decided to use some MR points here to try something different. (At 180k MR points for a suite it is a good deal in comparison to 80k SPG points for a room at the Blue Palace. Could have tried to use a SNA at the BP but that didn't work back in 2014 so this redemption guarantees me a suite.)
Old Nov 14, 2016, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
christianj, hopefully someone on FT will report back. Looking at TripAdvisor it seems to get good reviews so you may want to read some of those.

PS - Hopefully we'll have reports before your stay, but if not please report back after your stay.

Cheers.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
PS - Hopefully we'll have reports before your stay, but if not please report back after your stay.

Cheers.
Thanks! I did look at TA but you know us FT members are a little different than the person who typically posts on TA.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by christianj
Thanks! I did look at TA but you know us FT members are a little different than the person who typically posts on TA.
I know. I usually come to FT first to read reviews & only go to TA if there aren't any/many on FT (regardless of chain).

Cheers.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Technicaly it isn't listed as a "resort" on its website. I would think Breakfast would be included for platinum members. I'm looking forward to my stay.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Technicaly it isn't listed as a "resort" on its website. I would think Breakfast would be included for platinum members. I'm looking forward to my stay.
It IS listed as a resort on Marriott's website. Both of the Greece Autograph properties are. So unless you've read a report that Plats get free brekkie I wouldn't expect it if I were you. But look forward to your trip report.

http://www.marriott.com/hotel-search...hotels.resort/

Cheers.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I believe breakfast is complimentary for all guests according to the Marriott website as well as this blogger's post. The descriptions of rooms list complimentary buffet breakfast as an amenity.

http://angelinatravels.boardingarea.com/2016/09/29/marriott-sweet-spot-redemption-resort-youve-never-heard/
Old Dec 26, 2016, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AICML
I believe breakfast is complimentary for all guests according to the Marriott website as well as this blogger's post. The descriptions of rooms list complimentary buffet breakfast as an amenity.

http://angelinatravels.boardingarea....e-never-heard/
Thanks for the link to the blogger's post. Good review, details & photos. Sounds like a nice resort, and especially one for families. I created a wiki to show folk would know there isn't a parking or resort fee & breakfast is included for everyone.

Cheers.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 8:10 am

Nice update to the post as I have a 5 night reservation there in June 2017. I just looked at my confirmation and there is no mention of "complimentary buffet breakfast" as part of the room description for the award nights on the confirmation email. It states "Premium, 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King Sofa bed, Sea View, Whirlpool, Balcony." There is however mention of the complimentary buffet breakfast if you click on the room overview on the confirmation email and then it lists the complimentary buffet breakfast as the last entry under "Hotel Services & Amenities." Could see them arguing that the breakfast is not included since it is not specifically mentioned in the confirmation email but I do hope it is included.

Last edited by christianj; Dec 28, 2016 at 8:17 am
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
according to the concierge, they offer free buffet breakfast to all Marriott Guests.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by njxbean
according to the concierge, they offer free buffet breakfast to all Marriott Guests.
Thanks for the update!

Cheers.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
We have 3 nights booked in May. This resort charges your card the full amount of your stay when you make your reservation. There is a 30 day cancellation policy with full refund and a non refundable if cancelled after 1 day policy, your choice. On the plus side, if you use your Chase Marriott card, you get your points when charged. I made 4 separate reservations because I wasn't positive on our flight plans and got a ton of points. I ultimately cancelled 3 and the points were deducted from my account.

Last edited by jtp1947; Feb 22, 2017 at 11:04 am
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I wonder how they are with Platinum upgrades
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
I will do a trip report and let you know. Really looking forward to staying at this property. Their prices on Marriott website include taxes also. We reserved a 4 family, 2 bedroom room, sea view, hot tub on the balcony, for 344 euro a night, senior discount.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by jtp1947
I will do a trip report and let you know. Really looking forward to staying at this property. Their prices on Marriott website include taxes also. We reserved a 4 family, 2 bedroom room, sea view, hot tub on the balcony, for 344 euro a night, senior discount.
When in May? Just booked the week of the 10th. Looking forward to feedback if you're there before me. if not i shall do the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.