Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

REFUSED upgrade at fairfield inn buckhead atl

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

REFUSED upgrade at fairfield inn buckhead atl

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by ohmark
The FTers who thought it was a good use of their time and the space here to make multiple comments criticizing the OP, and then even more comments, and STILL won't let it go.
And yet you feel a need to post and criticize others and won't it go. At least the others were actually addressing the topic and the OP@:-)

Cheers.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:37 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I was told a few years back at the old Fairfield Inn Salina Kansas that points reservations were not capable of being upgraded, despite being a Platinum guest and suites showing as available.

I pushed back pretty hard, contacted customer service, and then finally the property admitted that the system blocked being able to change the room type on award reservations and that they would need to contact management to find out how to do so. I left for a bit and came back and sure enough they had upgraded me to a suite, albeit one with a broken A/C unit (in the midst of a Kansas summer).

I also had problems a year or so ago at a Courtyard in Charlotte on an award reservation. The property wanted to upgrade me to a suite, but the system kept blocking the agent from being able to change the room type, so she had to contact higher management to find out how to change the rate code on the reservation to allow it.

This was never a problem with the FS PMS, but it sounds like something specific to FOSSE and seems to be property specific based on how much freedom management wants to give lower employees.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well that would suck! However I've been upgraded on award stays and gotten bennies at less than FS properties, so obviously not universal.

Cheers
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:37 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
And yet you feel a need to post and criticize others and won't it go. At least the others were actually addressing the topic and the OP@:-)
The unsupportive comments, some repeated by the same posters, consisted mainly of personal criticism having little to do with the subject, just as your comment here is. Then you sought to pile on. If you can't let it go, I will. Have at it.

Last edited by ohmark; Oct 21, 2014 at 6:52 am
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by NDDomer86
This was never a problem with the FS PMS, but it sounds like something specific to FOSSE and seems to be property specific based on how much freedom management wants to give lower employees.
Yes FSPMS doesn't require a rate program change when changing the room type, FOSSE does but both systems are in the process of being retired, not sure how the new system will handle it
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dayone
To many, upgrade unavailability at a FFI doesn't rise to the level of a complaint to corporate. Not every "battle" needs to be fought. YMMV.
I totally get that, but being lied to about a specific policy about award upgrades would potentially set me off.

I don't think I've ever asked for an upgrade at a FI. I doubt I'd ever bother, as I don't think I've ever stayed in one that has much to give. But that's kind of beside the point...it's more about the terms of the Marriott Rewards program with respect to award stays.

Failure to upgrade is a non-issue (even if the place is empty and I suspect there's a "king study" room up there somewhere...); being told "we do not upgrade awards" is a much more serious issue.

I wouldn't go nearly as far as the OP did, but I'd consider doing *something*.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.